Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDafonDantes
Wizard
Male User Gallery

First Grow attempt - Need input
    #8814704 - 08/23/08 08:28 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well I went ahead and used Doc's WBS tek, but forgot to add coffee and gypsum. Its not listed there, but someone mentioned it would be a worthy addition to the process.

I followed it pretty much word for word, omitting the tyvek layer because I couldnt get some in time to inoculate. Cleaned the seeds. Let the seeds soak. Simmered the seeds. Drained the seeds, but I feel like they may be a bit too moist. Are you supposed to see small amounts of water pressed up between where the grain contacts the glass?

Cleaned out my bathroom, repeatedly sprayed lysol in there all day. Before I inoculated I thoroughly nuked the room and let it sit for 10 minutes.  I used a syringe with  the Golden Teacher strain.

Its been 2 days since inoculation and no signs of growth (obviously). Im incubating them in the partitioned box the jars came in, wrapped in a opaque trash bag (sprayed the insides of the bag liberally with lysol). I wrapped this bag in a shirt, then a sweater, and put it all above and behind my fridge, where temps seemed to be highest.

Im a poor college student so this is the best I could come up with. What do you guys think? Destined for failure or success?

How long should GT colonization last? Ive done searches and come up between 3 days and 3 weeks :frown:

Ill post pictures of my jars after about 5 days, still too paranoid about contaminants to get them over to the computer.

--------------------

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Go, then. There are other worlds than this." - Stephen King

*THE ABOVE POST IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: First Grow attempt - Need input [Re: DafonDantes]
    #8814745 - 08/23/08 08:43 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

The coffee and gypsum aren't necessary - the coffee is supposed to speed up colonization and the gypsum keeps the grains separated.

If you aren't using tyvek, what are you using as a filter?

OfflineDafonDantes
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow attempt - Need input [Re: Brennus]
    #8814751 - 08/23/08 08:45 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Using Polyfill over my one inoc hole and 3 layers of foil over pretty much the entire top half of the jar.

--------------------

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Go, then. There are other worlds than this." - Stephen King

*THE ABOVE POST IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS*

Offlinewillowmp
Medical Psychedelic Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow attempt - Need input [Re: DafonDantes]
    #8814865 - 08/23/08 09:21 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

the answer is yes at least for me it was.

it disappeared a few days later though. what i have noticed though after coming back from 2-3 weeks away from the jars all of em are fully colonized but whole shit there's a lot of either water of mycopiss in them. im talking like a lot.  so im guna spawn mine asap lol.

--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Gypsum, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation