Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeratism
Stranger
Male
2 questions...
    #8811265 - 08/22/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Im not exactly sure if this belongs here, but:

1. Would it be a better practice to not have your cakes out on days that it is windy or has been pretty windy recently? I mean, most cases of Valley Fever happen to people that are outside on windy days who breathe in spores that were made airborne. Theres so many particles in the air as it is so would it even make a difference?

2. I remember years ago when my dad got this UV light thing for the A/C duct at his house(hes an A/C man) that is supposed to kill mold spores and other airborne contams. Again, with all of the particles in the air as it is would it even make a difference?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying. Us noobs like the advice we can get from the people here.

--------------------
"Infesting  swarms devour, hollowing almost seems to animate, colonizing the decomposed remains, orgies within the dead."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeratism
Stranger
Male
Re: 2 questions... [Re: Teratism]
    #8812803 - 08/22/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone wanna help a noob out?

--------------------
"Infesting  swarms devour, hollowing almost seems to animate, colonizing the decomposed remains, orgies within the dead."

OfflineMLBjammer
Invitro Freak
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: 2 questions... [Re: Teratism]
    #8814545 - 08/23/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Colonized cakes are fairly resistant to contams.  Just be clean when handling them (dust mask, hat, clean hands or gloves, long sleeves).  If you are exposing your cakes to air, there are molds and bacteria everywhere--unless your are using a glovebox.  Cakes will fight off most invaders--just use common sense when fanning, handling, etc.  Your question about the light I can't answer.  I have never heard of anyone using that.

OfflineTeratism
Stranger
Male
Re: 2 questions... [Re: MLBjammer]
    #8815757 - 08/23/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I'm not sure if you completely understood what I was asking in the first question.

I was talkign about preparing them too. I was saying would it be a good practice to not prepare them or take them out on days that are windy? Because I know the cocci spore that causes Valley Fever & cocci menengitis are more likely to be in the air on windy days and that's why a lot of people don't like hiking in areas that have the spore in the soil on windy days because it makes them that much more likely to get sick.
Would the same principle apply to keeping contams off? Is there any way to find out if the particle count of the air is higher on windy days?

Thanks, sorry if my idea is completely stupid.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract