Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Loc: Temple
Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore
    #8814127 - 08/23/08 03:29 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore 

Last Edited: Thursday, 21 Aug 2008, 6:25 PM CDT 
Created: Thursday, 21 Aug 2008, 6:25 PM CDT 

Thousands of people visit the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore each year, many to walk the trails in search of rare birds or plants. And visitors are now being asked to keep their eyes open for another wild plant -- cannabis.

The huge, sprawling park is apparently home to a large number of naturally growing marijuana plants that have sprouted up from the seeds of plants that were cultivated in the past, according to spokesman Bruce Rowe.

“A very large amount” of it was scheduled to go up in smoke Thursday when police and park rangers eradicate a field of wild pot plants.

National Park Service rangers and law enforcement officers from Burns Harbor and Portage will eradicate it at an undisclosed location inside the park boundaries, Rowe said.

Eradication consists of uprooting plants, counting them and burning them in a high-intensity furnace, according to Rowe, who emphasized the plants appear to be wild and not intentionally grown. It is highly unlikely Thursday’s eradication will result in any criminal charges, he said.

Authorities say they will not know exactly how many plants were found until they can be counted.

The park service is also urging visitors to report any wild growing marijuana they find.

“Sometimes when people are walking they come across it [marijuana], and visitors to the park should always report it when they see it,” Rowe said.

According to statistics compiled by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, just over 212 million “ditchweed” plants -- wild growing marijuana -- was eradicated in Indiana in 2005. During that same year, only 7,541 such plants were destroyed in Illinois.

The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore includes 15 miles of the southern shoreline of Lake Michigan and 15,000 acres of beach, woodlands, marshes and prairie across northwest Indiana -- stretching from Gary to Michigan City.

Anyone who finds marijuana in the park should call (800) 727-5847.

--------------------

You will be missed

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #8814280 - 08/23/08 04:51 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So this was all ditchweed? According to the DEA "ditchweed," a term the agency uses to define "wild, scattered marijuana plants [with] no evidence of planting, fertilizing, or tending." Unlike cultivated marijuana, feral hemp contains virtually no detectable levels of THC, the psychoactive component in cannabis, and does not contribute to the black market marijuana trade.

It's just a weed, a harmless drug-free weed. Why in the world do we spend all the time, manpower, and money for supposedly well trained police officers to pull weeds? It just boggles my mind.

(See Related post: 98 Percent Of All Domestically Eradicated Marijuana Is “Ditchweed,” DEA Admits)

Offlinewille

Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: veggie]
    #8814974 - 08/23/08 11:57 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
So this was all ditchweed? According to the DEA "ditchweed," a term the agency uses to define "wild, scattered marijuana plants [with] no evidence of planting, fertilizing, or tending." Unlike cultivated marijuana, feral hemp contains virtually no detectable levels of THC, the psychoactive component in cannabis, and does not contribute to the black market marijuana trade.

It's just a weed, a harmless drug-free weed. Why in the world do we spend all the time, manpower, and money for supposedly well trained police officers to pull weeds? It just boggles my mind.

(See Related post: 98 Percent Of All Domestically Eradicated Marijuana Is “Ditchweed,” DEA Admits)

Because then it'd seem like they were losing the war on drugs; which they are winning, just like Iraq.

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: wille]
    #8816002 - 08/23/08 04:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

its on principle. they dont give a shit if it actually does anything or not, its related to the real thing in some way.

Ive always said the war on drugs is personal, it isnt like anything else in politics. It's Us vs. Them. That's proven by the fact that rapists and pedos are let out of prison to 'git them Mary Wanna criminals in jail'

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #8816640 - 08/23/08 06:19 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know why they do this.  Its a weed.  Pull up one and 6 months later there will be 4 to replace it.

BTW, i like to save my weed seeds for camping trips so i can spread them out and give the DEA a little more work.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Offlineragefanjr
Cookies4Rookies
Male

Loc: Valparaiso, Ind. Flag
Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: Nephlyte]
    #8817306 - 08/23/08 08:37 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

HAHA! I just commented about this worthless activity costing us taxpayers here in Porter County. I caused chaos with The Times(newspaper) website. The stupid pigs were dumb enough to photograph and post their "full retard" exploits! I have a feeling they weren't too happy when I identified it as worthless wild hemp, or ditch weed to all of Porter County. I'm glad everyone is pissed that they wasted funding on this, when meth and fentanyl-laced heroin continues to tear apart our region. Oh, they also said that their find was worth several million dollars. LMAO! Once again, way to go local law enforcement. You are a disgrace to the intelligence of barnyard swine! :smile:
http://www.nwi.com/story_tools/player/?type=slideshow&id=101&skin=slideshow2

--------------------
Cooooooookies! Chomp Chomp Chewey Chomp!!!
This program has been brought to you by dirt. Dirt...it's been around so long it's considered to be older than...wait a minute...

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Marijuana Hunt is on in National Lakeshore [Re: ragefanjr]
    #8817620 - 08/23/08 10:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm I may have to pay the dunes another visit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service