Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >  [ show all ]
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip??
    #8813827 - 08/23/08 02:03 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Science is all there is.

I dont believe, cant believe, and will not believe that we are anything more then primate descendant freaks with a unique cerebral cortex.  No matter what drug I've done its always been very disappointing compared to my friends.  I always have this anchor reminding me that no matter what I feel, no matter what I see its just an exploit of my brain's sensory abilities.  So I'm kinda taking a poll to see if the amazing psychedelic experiences I read about are had by people who are already fucked up enough to be the person being "spirit healed" at a pentecostal church with fuckers speaking in tongues and handling rattle snakes.  So I'd like to hear if there are any other total skeptics of anything metaphysical that had an amazing psychedelic experience.  I believe we are carbon and smiley goo..and when we die thats it..and no matter what any drug makes us see or feel its a simple illusion.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8813838 - 08/23/08 02:05 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I am very logical, rational, and scientific. I am also an atheist. I still have the mind blowing trips that you hear about. The key is to quiet that voice in the back of your head reminding you its just a trick. You need to learn to let go and allow the drug to own you.

--------------------

OfflineProtoman
Lost
Male

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8813860 - 08/23/08 02:10 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Way I see it, even when your sober it's still an illusion. If you let the ego go and silence the mind, you'll have a truly wordless experience.
I'm sure if you took a quarter of dried mushies you change your view. You don't have to see the world melt before your eyes to trip, it can simply be a momentary lapse of higher consciousness.

--------------------
"Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less. One is always living a little more or dying a little bit." -Norman Mailer

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
    #8813865 - 08/23/08 02:11 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yes! We are just complex arrangements carbon molecules.  You have obviously been educated well.  (I could go on to talk about religion for hours)  This "spirit healed" your talking about is what i call a "mystical experience."  I believe IF you want to, im not trying to break shroomery rules, but IF you want to achieve spirit healed you should up your dose of shrooms.  LSD is always a great tool to break through to mystical exxperience.  However you can most certainly figure out the universe by a single DMT trip.  Once you achieve mystical experience all mental processes and ego break down or dissolve.  When you have no sense of self you have achieved mystical experience.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinedollylama
Stranger

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8813892 - 08/23/08 02:15 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a rational/scientific person too.  I had one trip that has since brought me from Atheism to Agnosticism after a good amount of contemplation.  Its very important to realize how little science really does know compared to everything that is going on.  Most science consists of labeling and understanding things and concepts.  You will find that most of are biggest scientific suggestion are theory's, and our even bigger questions inadequately answered.  In fact, there is alto of science that even supports some kind of factor that seemingly evades all known forces.  This can be seen in chaos theory, and often by just looking at the beautiful "scientific" world around you.

Edited by dollylama (08/23/08 02:21 AM)

OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8813894 - 08/23/08 02:15 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You can still believe all that and have a good trip, I know because I have good trips. When tripping i am constantly amazed at the simple concepts of friendship, death and the circle of life.

OfflineEpyx
Timelord
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Xpatriot]
    #8813945 - 08/23/08 02:29 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I always have this anchor reminding me that no matter what I feel, no matter what I see its just an exploit of my brain's sensory abilities.

That in itself is reason to exploit the trip. Exploiting your brains sensory abilities is a cool thing in and of itself.  It allows you to explore the workings of your brain in a different context. How cool is that?

Offlinepeterluber

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Epyx]
    #8814069 - 08/23/08 03:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

It's actually quite the opposite. When I trip, it is often difficult and I trip very hard because I think too much. I am a complete atheist, but don't believe in chaos either. The universe is just a series of fractals and patterns, and all these things become much more apparent while tripping. I think you are being naive about your own awareness, and are not realizing that there are a lot more 'enlightened' people out there than you know, we just don't talk about it 24/7.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Epyx]
    #8814097 - 08/23/08 03:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the supportive logic and none of that "BE GONE DEMON!!!!!" crap.  Being as scientific as I am, I believe my lackluster experiences thus far are due to simple lack of genetic potency of what I've grown and rather rip off experiences with acid.  I've never been able to find really good acid.  AND my personal grows with shrooms have been really unfortunate potency wise.  My buddies have eaten 10g dried with me and not felt much more then an amazing smoke session.  Also I blame the undue level of caution I've had with these drugs.  I could eat my body weight in shrooms and it wouldn't physically hurt me..so fuck it.

So the issue is a simple lack of the adequate amounts of the actives we seek.  Very well.  I've changed my substrate, spore vendor, strain..all that.  I'll do one test run of 5g dried..then if I'm not satisfied it will be more like 30g dried.

Thanks for assuring me this experience isn't limited to bat shit crazy religious wing nuts.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Offlinepeterluber

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: peterluber]
    #8814109 - 08/23/08 03:21 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Umm, not 30 g dried. Also, try not to be so blatant about it on the board. You should always start low with anything, and if you're growing, you'll have plenty of material to work with. With average potency shrooms, 5 g can be fairly intense, especially for an inexperienced subject.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#8814121 - 08/23/08 03:26 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Mmm, lil tip Owl, Multi-spore injection..... Luck of the draw basically, Sometimes people get a bunk batch.... but with the SAME syringe, might get some very potent shrooms, 'strain' name has less to do with it than you think.

Its biology and genetic difference. millions of possible genetic variations within a single syringe.... most of em are good enuf..... once and awhile you get a dud.

I havent tried any cloning yet, but I can imagine it is the best way to go once you learn how to do it.

Offlinecynick420
stranger danger!
Male User Gallery

Loc: earth i think?
    #8814142 - 08/23/08 03:35 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, from what i heard you saying in another thread, your shrooms are quite weak. im sure that you will figure out how to up the potency, but i would sure as hell be careful with that big of a dose. maybe start with an eighth and then a quarter. 30g could be unsettling if that happened to be the potent mushrooms...

and i am quite rational, skeptical and an atheist.i even doubted something like mushrooms could affect my mind so much, but luckily they probed me wrong. the thing that i like about mushrooms is their ability to let me experience things in a completely new way, as if from a different belief system and different angle on things.

good luck to you man!

--------------------

InvisibleTalking Head
cheeseburger walrus
Female User Gallery

#8814145 - 08/23/08 03:37 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

pfff... "enlightened":gayflag:

:stonedjerk:

--------------------
pt:    n  u  m  b  e  r  s  c  a  n  a  l  s  o  b  e  u
CT(a): BH AT CW CE KI LI LT KE AE BH AE KW LT AW CE KI AT
pt:    s  e  d  a  s  c  o  o  r  d  i  n  a  t  e  s
CT(a): LT KI KT AE LT KE AW AW LI KT BI BH AE LE KI LT
:docbrown:    :realawe:                :realpacman:

Outer Space Radio Network

Gcv Ujkv

Offlinedustllama
w00tles!
Male User Gallery
    #8814150 - 08/23/08 03:39 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Is there any other reason why you might not be getting the full experience? Are you on antidepressants (an SSRI)?

You could try to potentiate the shrooms with something like Syrian Rue (MAOI), but be careful doing this because it can really make things stronger.

Offlinecynick420
stranger danger!
Male User Gallery

Loc: earth i think?
Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: dustllama]
    #8814173 - 08/23/08 03:49 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dustllama said:
Is there any other reason why you might not be getting the full experience? Are you on antidepressants (an SSRI)?

You could try to potentiate the shrooms with something like Syrian Rue (MAOI), but be careful doing this because it can really make things stronger.

you raise quite a good point...there is some things out there that can weaken a trip for you, but not as much as they can negate x. and id be careful with syrian rue...im not saying stay away from it entirely just make sure not to have anything that would react with it.

you could try making tea as well, that could strengthen the trip without using much more, and if it is very intense it wont be quite as long.

--------------------

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: cynick420]
    #8814360 - 08/23/08 06:31 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So I'd like to hear if there are any other total skeptics of anything metaphysical that had an amazing psychedelic experience

The thing is, skeptics either get the trips that are devoid of meaning because of their expectation of meaninglessness, or they have a real transcendent experience and are no longer skeptics.

There is far more going on with some of these plants than simple hallucinations, and main-stream science will never come close to understanding it with its current mind set.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: satyr]
    #8814390 - 08/23/08 07:05 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
[The thing is, skeptics either get the trips that are devoid of meaning because of their expectation of meaninglessness, or they have a real transcendent experience and are no longer skeptics.

There is far more going on with some of these plants than simple hallucinations, and main-stream science will never come close to understanding it with its current mind set.

That is the best response yet.

For more than 40 years I was utterly without a spiritual practice of any kind, and thought anyone with a belief in some diety or higher power was a fool.  I am highly educated individual with a very strong science background.

I got interested in mycology after a rainy spring brought an unusual collection of mushrooms in my back yard.  I accidentally found the shroomery in my quest for more information, ultimately grew some active mushrooms along with my edibles, and dosed and tripped very conservatively at first, and now...

I'm a devout buddhist, meditate twice daily, dose with shrooms on occasion, smoke DMT every once in a while - and am sooooo much wiser, more patient, less jealous and happier than I can ever remember being in my life before.

Don't know if this example is a meaningful answer to your inquiry, however, it does demonstrate that remarkable and positive changes can and do occur if you are open enought to them to not dismiss them out of hand. I recommend you shed your tendency for skeptical scientific prejudice and see what happens.

Give it a try and let us know what happens.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineDrOli
Biochemist

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8814414 - 08/23/08 07:52 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I'm very skeptic scientist and a strong atheist but I still get fantastic trips, It doesn't make them any less spiritual because I know everything I see/think is all in my head. The trip is just another extension of my mind that I don't get to see very much. Anything that happens is either the drug doing it or my mind pushing the drug to do it.

I keep seeing particular images and faces in the sky that occur every time I trip, this may be seen as maybe some deity contacting them to some or what not. I on the other hand just think that they're the images my mind has connected, in some way, with certain people I have lost. Thinking about them in the trip either consciously or subconsciously will trigger the images.

OfflineBig Inhale
Stranger

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: DrOli]
    #8814531 - 08/23/08 09:09 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Just smoke some DMT its easier to extract than growing mushies and youdont have to worry about it being weak

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: Super scientific atheistic skeptic = can't trip?? [Re: Big Inhale]
    #8814547 - 08/23/08 09:18 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i went from thinking life was nothing, to realizing life is everything..... that day u became conscious of this world, was the day you consciousness was born....i was never spiritual before i used mushrooms.... now they are without a doubt in my mind a tool for communicating, and receiving spiritual message from any spiritual forces in the galaxy....

The things i have seen, and experienced confirm this fact.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience