Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
John Walters - U.S. Drug Czar threatens Canada
    #881377 - 09/13/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The U.S. drug czar on Thursday criticized a movement to legalize marijuana use in Canada, saying it would threaten public health in this country and reverse recent efforts to streamline border security.

"I don't think there's any mistake about it: We intend to protect our citizens. We would have no choice," said John P. Walters, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

Yes, John - jailing your citizens truly protects them. I feel especially safe with the introduction of the "Knockless Warrant" that allows heavily armed thugs into my house for no reason. If they do happen to "accidentally" kill an innocent, well that is just the price we must pay for our "safety".

His comments came a week after a Canadian parliamentary committee called for legalizing marijuana use among adults, increasing pressure to shift drug laws away from zero-tolerance policies in the United States.

Walters said the United States respects Canada as a "sovereign country." "As long as (marijuana) stays in Canada, it's Canada's business," he said.

Even hardcore Canadian drug prohibitionists should legalize now after that thinly-veiled threat, just to show the world they are not a US puppet country.

But Walters directly criticized the Canadian Senate Committee on Illegal Drugs, which urged the government to regulate marijuana in the same way as alcohol and to expunge criminal records for possession.

Is that too logical for your ape-brain, John?

"In my view, you don't make a major step involving a dangerous drug without telling people what the dangers are," he said. "Marijuana is the single biggest drug of addiction in history."

Thank you for sharing the "facts". I don't suppose you have any scientific data to back that up. Sounds like you are afraid of losing your power and cushy job.

The drug czar's visit to Detroit -- the largest city on the United States' 5,525-mile border with Canada -- followed a Monday stop by President Bush and Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

Those two leaders visited the city to report progress in tightening security at U.S.-Canadian crossings while keeping goods flowing between the world's largest trading partners.

Walters was flanked at a downtown news conference by law enforcement and drug officials who also opposed legalization.

Is that not a little redundant? Drug "Officials" that oppose legalization? Law Enforcement also loves marijuana as most "dopers" are an ez and non-violent bust making cops "look good" with little risk.

Walters' Michigan counterpart warned Thursday that legalization could harm the state's young people and make law enforcement's job much harder. Teens already cross the Detroit River to drink alcohol, gamble and visit strip clubs in Windsor, Ontario.

What do strip clubs and gambling have to do with imprisoning people for a plant?

They could travel there for pot and bring it back, said Craig J. Yaldoo, director of the state Office of Drug Control Policy.

Yeah and that is not possible now?

"Anytime you make available a harmful substance, you're going to get a large group of people that may gravitate that way," he said.

Anytime? Is this the standard over-generalization? I don't see large groups of people drinking DRANO. Not sure what your point is John, except that you want to legislate your morality.

John Walters, director of U.S. national drug-control policy, sharply criticized Ottawa yesterday for allowing ill people to smoke pot and for considering relaxed antimarijuana laws.

Yeah Johny, let's use your solution and put those those cancer patients in jail where they belong.

"What happens in Canada as a sovereign nation -- as long as it stays in Canada -- is Canada's business," Mr. Walters said.

"The problem today is that Canadian production of high-potency marijuana in British Columbia is a major source of marijuana in the United States . . . and it's spreading. Just like cocaine, shipped up from Mexico."

There are those threats again! Don't take this shit Maple Leafs! The whole world is watching to see how you respond. Bush can't attack Iraq and Canada at the same time, so call his bluff.

Mr. Walters repeatedly said that the U.S. prohibition on marijuana is based on scientific evidence...

Mr. Walters, please read the original Congressional minutes concerning prohibition and you would see that it is a blatant lie. One would think the the Drug Czar would know the basic history of prohibition and be the best-educated in this field, not the most moronic. Guess that's why he fits so well into the rest of the Bush Cabinet.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (09/13/02 01:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: John Walters - U.S. Drug Czar threatens Canada [Re: Swami]
    #881396 - 09/13/02 01:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wow, i was only able to read about halfway through that without stopping because i was irate. marijuana the most historically addictive DANGEROUS drug??? i can't wait to see the posters come back about MURDER INSANITY AND DEATH....  :mad:

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Anonymous

#881413 - 09/13/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have been following the Canada thing...I am hoping they are strong enough to relax the laws.
The Us will not follow suit, but a Girl can dream, can't she?

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #881416 - 09/13/02 01:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Pft. Why does it always seem that the more political power you have, the less brainpower you have? Jeez..

Anyway, I'm all for Canada legalizing. Hell, I'd love to see the US legalize it, but that still seems to be a long way off.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #881597 - 09/13/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Man you should have seen me in my living room this morning, shaking my fist and shouting at the newspaper.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #881630 - 09/13/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It's none of America's damm business what another country wants to do with there drug laws.

Do I hear an: AMEN?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #881632 - 09/13/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope they legalize. just to say fuck you to us.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #881833 - 09/13/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What the fuck does he mean, "we would have no choice"???

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #881905 - 09/13/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty predictable response that I've been waiting for.

Unfortunatley, border crossing is quite important to Canada...if USA threatened to slow it down a lot, there would be concern.

It may be a shame, but the senate doesn't have much more power than the queen. (oh sure, the queen is the head of state, but on paper only. If she ever tried to govern us, that piece of paper would be changed quickly.) No, the house of commons is the real government.

This senate report, recomending legalization, is nothing more than a statement with some authority. Perhaps a statement to counterbalance the voices calling for Canada to adopt a military style drug war (just like USA).

Around the western world, (england, australia, switzerland, maybe new zealand), marijauna laws are becoming less strick. This will probably happen here too. But full legalization? Don't hold your breath.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #881928 - 09/13/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It would be great if Canada legalized.

We were pretty close to doing the same here for a while, but I don't see it happening now that our prime minister has become Sheriff Bush's personal bitch.

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: John Walters - U.S. Drug Czar threatens Canada [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #897381 - 09/21/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Why does it always seem that the more political power you have, the less brainpower you have?

because the general population are dumbshits that can relate to dumbshit politicians, rather than intelligent ones. thus, dumbshit politicians get voted for, and have influence in politics, thereby spreading more dumbshitness.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: John Walters - U.S. Drug Czar threatens Canada [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #897612 - 09/21/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Man you should have seen me in my living room this morning, shaking my fist and shouting at the newspaper.
Why, was the Comic section missing?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: John Walters - U.S. Drug Czar threatens Canada [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #897643 - 09/21/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

wow... that's... um... mature?

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom