Home | Community | Message Board

Vesp.co, Inc.
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaaronemerritt
boomer groomer
 User Gallery

my martha
    #8812762 - 08/22/08 09:37 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i just set up my martha today yeh. went to kmart today and bought the closet. i had to buy the $39 one with wheels because its all they had i wanted the one without wheels because its 10 dollars cheaper but i was martha crazy today so i just got it. I found a badass impeller coolmist a gerber brand at a yard sale for $1 this morning so that seriously  cut cost. gotta love yard sales. then i found a plastic shelf while a was at kmart there we go. i followed roger rabitts tek and put the coolmist right in the martha i am worried 90+ humidity might fry the coolmist but we will try it. i left the bottom of the cover hang loose so extra water will just drip down the sides into my drip pans. also co2 is heavyier than air so it will escape out the bottom.

--------------------
Mushrooms are a funny drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaaronemerritt
boomer groomer
 User Gallery

Re: my martha [Re: aaronemerritt]
    #8812800 - 08/22/08 09:49 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i have only had it set up for 35 minutes and allready condensation has everything in there saturated is this ok any tips

--------------------

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

#8812838 - 08/22/08 09:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Iv got my coolmist outside, connected by a rubber hose. condensation gets captured on the sides of the hose and runs back down into the coolmist.

Offlineaaronemerritt
boomer groomer
 User Gallery

Re: my martha [Re: echoesSG]
    #8812844 - 08/22/08 10:00 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

will condensation hurt my cakes

--------------------

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

#8812893 - 08/22/08 10:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

nothing fancy just a quick cheap set up I put together, works just fine. Its empty right now though.

I dont think itll really hurt them but It can get pretty wet really fast, i just don't like having everything hella wet all the time. lets see what others say.

OfflineCitratox
brb, Im in the f'in zone
Male

Re: my martha [Re: echoesSG]
    #8813306 - 08/22/08 11:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

set up a timer, or set up a fan for FAE, your coolmist isnt supplying any FAE if its inside so u need another way. Also, with the coolmist inside it wont burn out. Its running a hose from it that burns them out.

--------------------
I wanna talk to SAMPSON!

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

Re: my martha [Re: Citratox]
    #8813329 - 08/22/08 11:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Didn't even think about it burning out.

I got an aquarium pump on top of the martha with a bubbler pumping air in and an opening at the bottom letting old air out.

Iv heard a million reasons why my set up doesn't work. yet here it is...it works.

I'm always looking to improve on my set up though so input is welcome.

Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
    #8813334 - 08/22/08 11:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You can run a hose but you have to drill little holes in the hose to relieve the back pressure. I'm not sure about where to drill them or how big they need to be but there is at least one post that tells you.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

OfflineCitratox
brb, Im in the f'in zone
Male

Re: my martha [Re: robanero]
    #8813363 - 08/23/08 12:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Heres some of RR's notes on martha setups. hope it helps

*One hour is too long to run the humidifier. More than a few minutes at a time will cause drips to form. I run mine less than five minutes on followed by five to ten minutes off. This maintains a high humidity without excessive dripping. You need to seal the bottom and put several trays of perlite down there to catch whatever drips do form. At the very least, get a timer with 15-minute intervals. They're cheap. Try running 15 on, 30 off. MARTHA HUMIDIFIER

*The inside of a cool mist type humidifier is always at 100% humidity because of all the mist flying around in there. You can run a cool mist, such as the vicks kaz models inside the greenhouse without problems. I've done so for years and wouldn't recommend something that wasn't safe. I'm an electrical engineer, as well as licensed journeyman electrician, so am qualified to make that determination. HUMIDIFIER/GREENHOUSE

*They don't crap out because of humidity. They crap out due to backpressure in the hose, which forces moisture into the motor bearings, ruining them, which then burns up the motor due to the extra load. That's why they're best used inside a greenhouse. They will also raise the humidity more because they're recycling already humid air, rather than dry air from outside. HUMIDIFIER/COOLMIST

*FAE is 'Fresh Air Exchange' and is provided by ventilation holes cut into the mini-greenhouse. Cool mist humidifiers are designed to raise humidity, not move air. If you try to use one to move air, it will only last a very short time due to the static pressure produced, which ruins the motor and bushings. For best results, use a humidifier for humidity, and vents for air exchange. MARTHA

*I know from experience if I allow the cool mists to run for more than two minutes, they begin to drip because the air can't absorb the moisture as fast as one of those can put it out. However, you can run them one minute on, then two to ten minutes off and get 80 to 90 percent humidity with no drips. It takes a good cycle timer to do it, but the results are worth it. MARTHA FC HUMIDITY

--------------------
I wanna talk to SAMPSON!

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

#8813431 - 08/23/08 12:16 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

That does help. I forgot about RR's notes. I gota take a look at them again. Thnx

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation