Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
four more years in iraq...
    #8812652 - 08/22/08 08:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/21/AR2008082100310.html?hpid=topnews

its a done deal ..the iraq war will continue at least until december 31..2011...and while this might seem like an improvement over john mccains 100-year timetable is almost the duration of the war to date.. and long enough to make the "timetable" meaningless...bush is effectively rubbing americas' nose in it.. telling a war-weary population that its still only half-way through...

what follows is admittedly pure speculation ..

in the increasingly unlikely event of a democratic victory this fall..the new administration would be forced to prosecute the war for almost the entire duration of its first term...this will make it impossible for such an administration to deliver on its domestic agenda as the war continues to drain resources from the US...

should this come to pass..the 2012 campaign season will open with the democrats having been forced to serve bushs' 3rd term and failing to deliver "change".. leaving the door wide open for the repugnicans to formally regain the POTUS in 2012 to start more wars...

end of speculation ..

this is no timetable for widthdrawal..but merely an insurance policy against ever ending the war...obama should be make these points clear and reafirm his 16-month timetable against the terms of the bush agreement...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (08/22/08 09:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: four more years in iraq... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #8812701 - 08/22/08 09:16 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

we could do the right thing and take iraq out of the picture

OfflineSolomonTheShaman
I love to travel
Male

Re: four more years in iraq... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #8812725 - 08/22/08 09:22 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Both sides don't appeal to me anymore.  While I can understand the hesitance for more war, what does either side have to offer that's "change".  No matter who gets elected, it'll probably stay the same until the people get sick of the way the federal machine gets bigger.  After all, we are the ones we've been waiting for.

--------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mohandas Gandhi

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: four more years in iraq... [Re: SolomonTheShaman]
    #8813372 - 08/23/08 12:03 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SolomonTheShaman said:
  After all, we are the ones we've been waiting for.

~dill's girlfriend~
True that! The American government was established for the people and by the people
But the people have been letting the government walk all over them
nothing is gonna happen until the people make it happen {that would be us}
we are afraid of our government, when it was established to do what is best for us
the government has become too powerful and listens less and less to the will of the people {we live in a democracy, its there job to listen to us, that's why WE pay them}
until we the people get so pissed off we actually do something about it, i don't know if anything is going to happen    :frown:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion