Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

you tell me
    #8812630 - 08/22/08 08:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Allrighty,  I have 2 coir "cakes"

One cake is Burma
One cake is Amazonian

well i wasnt thinking smart when i spawned them so you tell me.

HOW SHOULD I FRUIT THESE?

Should I.....

A.  Fruit them how they are

B.  Crumble Both of them together then case with straight verm 1/4'' to fill this tupperware

C.  YOU TELL ME

also that lil extra coir you see thats uncolonized in the middle of them was just extra.

its in one of those 12q sterlite sweater boxes

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Edited by djblackout (08/22/08 09:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: djblackout]
    #8812672 - 08/22/08 09:04 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

here is a pic of them on the 17th of aug

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Edited by djblackout (08/22/08 09:04 PM)

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
    #8812735 - 08/22/08 09:25 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

lol dunk and roll :p  nah i'd case. Or spawn them to more, enough to fill up that shoe box 3 or 4 inches, then case it.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: ray40cal]
    #8812739 - 08/22/08 09:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

hahahahahah dunk and roll my ass :laugh:

so what would i do? just crumble and mix with more coir?  or not even crumble at all?

or just get a smaller container

--------------------

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8812809 - 08/22/08 09:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

crumble and mix in container in 4 inches of coir wait for that to colonize and then case with 50/50 verm/coir

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8814078 - 08/23/08 03:12 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

how much more yeild do you think that would produce?
also about how long would it take?

..as compared to just casing it with verm and not breaking it up

--------------------

Edited by djblackout (08/23/08 03:14 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #8814157 - 08/23/08 03:43 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

more appropriate subject would have been 'coir cakes, how should i fruit them'

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8814170 - 08/23/08 03:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

so how would you fruit them?

I felt the title was fitting.  Its a general discussion on what you would do.

--------------------

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: you tell me [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8814463 - 08/23/08 08:26 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:

wow you advice is astounding...are you bucking for the mod position?
haha!!! next time I have a post I will PM you and let you tell me how to label it!  Ha Ha  :dumblol:

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8814589 - 08/23/08 09:40 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
so how would you fruit them?

I felt the title was fitting.  Its a general discussion on what you would do.

If you want to do coir mix it in to a 1:3 or 1:4 ratio..  So 1 quart colonized cake or grain to 3 quarts coir.. Or 1 quart to 4 quarts..  Or pints or whatever sized jar you used..  If you use the 1:3 ratio the coir will colonize faster..

So after you mix the coir and cake together in your container like a kitty liter box, you cover with foil and poke small holes in the foil for GE..  Put in dark place and let colonize for 4-5 days and give it a peek to see if it is fully colonized if it is not colonized cover back up and wait a few more days..  If it is colonized you uncover case with a 1/2 inch to 1 inch layer of verm that is what I do..  Alot of people do 50/50 verm/coir I like 100% verm.. 

Then you put in your fruiting chamber if you have one..  I use a green house that has a humidifier.  And introduce it to light and fresh air exchange and it should pin...

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: UncleMike]
    #8816261 - 08/23/08 05:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UncleMike said:
Quote:

veda_sticks said:

wow you advice is astounding...are you bucking for the mod position?
haha!!! next time I have a post I will PM you and let you tell me how to label it!  Ha Ha  :dumblol:

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: Damion5050]
    #8816276 - 08/23/08 05:12 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

If you want to do coir mix it in to a 1:3 or 1:4 ratio..  So 1 quart colonized cake or grain to 3 quarts coir.. Or 1 quart to 4 quarts..  Or pints or whatever sized jar you used..  If you use the 1:3 ratio the coir will colonize faster..

So after you mix the coir and cake together in your container like a kitty liter box, you cover with foil and poke small holes in the foil for GE..  Put in dark place and let colonize for 4-5 days and give it a peek to see if it is fully colonized if it is not colonized cover back up and wait a few more days..  If it is colonized you uncover case with a 1/2 inch to 1 inch layer of verm that is what I do..  Alot of people do 50/50 verm/coir I like 100% verm.. 

Then you put in your fruiting chamber if you have one..  I use a green house that has a humidifier.  And introduce it to light and fresh air exchange and it should pin...

do you know off hand how many pints of coir that would be?

and i have two cakes of coir right now,  should i crumble it into more coir,  or just cover it 360 with more coir?

--------------------

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8816333 - 08/23/08 05:19 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well if you have 1 quart of spawn aka a cake use 3 quarts coir.. or 4.. 

If you used pints then say your cake is 1 pint then use 3 or 4 pints of coir..  I would probably crumble the cake if you can if it's to hard then you can surround it with coir the best way though is to crumble the cake so you can spread it all around..

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: Damion5050]
    #8816347 - 08/23/08 05:20 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

the cake is weird,  it sticks together really well.  I had to use a fork last time on coir to break it apart.

Also,  i think i used 3 cups of coir and used 1/2 pint of spawn and it took 1.5 weeks. 

So should i add 3 more cups or 6?

--------------------

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8816446 - 08/23/08 05:44 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

if you already spawned to coir why would you want to crumble it and spawn to more coir? I'm not sure why this was suggested at all...

You should just fruit them like you would a PF cake. That's what I would do. Put some moist perlite on the bottoms of a tub for humidity and set that shit right in the perlite.

If they are two different strains I wouldn't crumble them and mix them together.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: you tell me [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8816526 - 08/23/08 05:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
if you already spawned to coir why would you want to crumble it and spawn to more coir? I'm not sure why this was suggested at all...

You should just fruit them like you would a PF cake. That's what I would do. Put some moist perlite on the bottoms of a tub for humidity and set that shit right in the perlite.

If they are two different strains I wouldn't crumble them and mix them together.

you must still be a noob too,  if i spawned to more coir i would have more substrate and get more yeild.  also,  i wouldnt just fruit them like normal cakes because their moisture content would be fucked.  thats why casing makes a lil micro climate for the mycelium.  holla!

--------------------

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #8817407 - 08/23/08 09:04 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:

you must still be a noob too,  if i spawned to more coir i would have more substrate and get more yeild.  also,  i wouldnt just fruit them like normal cakes because their moisture content would be fucked.  thats why casing makes a lil micro climate for the mycelium.  holla!

:thumbup:

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: you tell me [Re: UncleMike]
    #8817495 - 08/23/08 09:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If you used 3 cups or coir per cake then u can technically add that cake to 9 cups of coir so..  1 cake and 9 cups of coir is a 3 to 1 ratio considering that the one cake is 3 cups..  3:9 = 1:3

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation