Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Help me figure out if this dream was lucid.
    #8811794 - 08/22/08 05:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So i had this dream lastnight or earlier today, i cant remember. But in the dream i was riding in a car with a friend, and i was asleep. I was dreaming about something, i cant really remember, but in the dream i somehow figured out i was dreaming. I said "wait a sec, this is a dream" and as soon as i said that everything slowed down and got all wavy (like the start of a dream sequence on a tv show). I "woke up" and told the guy i was riding with, "man, i was just dreaming, realized it immediately. Yet, i hadnt realized that i wasnt really awake. When i really woke up, i wasnt aware what had occurred. I only had this weird feeling, that feeling that you get when you come to a paradox, and your brain cant handle it. It felt as if i'd been trying to figure out a puzzle for hours. Would this be considered "double lucidity"?

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Loc: Earth, C1-30
Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8811934 - 08/22/08 06:06 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't call that lucid. Lucid implies that you have complete control over your dreams and can change the whole dreamscape just by willing it. You are however heading in the right direction. Realizing that your in a dream is the first step to becoming lucid.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #8811992 - 08/22/08 06:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Iv had lucid dreams before. And i would state that being aware that you are in a dream is what gives you the ability become lucid. I was in control of the dream in the dream that's why i ended it. But it seemed like i was two levels deep in the original dream.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8812250 - 08/22/08 07:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, you became lucid in your dream and then had a false awakening.  Your brain's tricky in deceiving dreamers like that, making attaining consistent lucidity a very difficult quest.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: deCypher]
    #8812367 - 08/22/08 07:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i wasnt trying to go lucid. Ive just been dreaming out of control lately. It wasnt really the fact that i woke up under false assumptions, but the fact that i told myself to wake up purposefully, and still remained sleeping.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#8812684 - 08/22/08 09:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I use to get this when I first started having them you realize it and either get too exited, distracted or you just don't know what to do and the dream fades.

It just takes practice you will master it in time.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8813166 - 08/22/08 11:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Back when i first practiced lucid dreaming it took a few weeks and then i kinda fell out of it. Maybe this is a sign i should start again.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#8814764 - 08/23/08 10:49 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Lucidity and control comes gradually imo... I don't think you can be fully lucid just like that without having ever been lucid before. But then again, I'm no expert on this, just my opinion. Yeah I also think this is a good sign.. never stop trying! Process is going slow for me, but I'm not gonna give up until I have lucids all the time

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: Diaboleros]
    #8814766 - 08/23/08 10:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been lucid plenty of times, just not recently.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibleEsophagus
Mr. Poops
Male

#8815071 - 08/23/08 12:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You had a lucid dreams but imo you woke up at I wouldn't say the wrong time but a time where you're brain wasn't awake and you woke up in a deep haze of thought. IMO..how I always had dreams...I only had 1-2 lucid dreams in my entire life. How I dream is I focus on something but I don't. I think about it and it's always in the back of my mind. Then I keep thinking about it in the back of my mind. Then usually it happens. My lucid dream was I came downstairs to see my dad and he was standing in front of the door and told me, "It's all your fault!" and gave me the finger and I was like wtf and started walking away and the ground started to move like a wave.(IMO something is going on in the brain that's I wouldn't say not right but it was weird. I walked down to see my other friend who was like you knocked her eye out man! I had no memory of ever hitting anyone. Anyways. I just KNEW. It wasn't the right feeling of reality. I was like HAHAHAHHA...started hysterically laughing and pointing as they were looking at me in confusion. I said FUCK YOU NIGGER to my Mexican friend and he was all HAHA. So I knew it was a dream he'd be pissed if I said that in real life. So I wanted to wake up so I started kept telling myself WAKE UP. I even started to scream it in the dream. I went over to the wall and started smashing my head into the wall making it cave in and it was somewhat hurting because if you think something will hurt it will..if you don't it won't. Anyways, I then proceeded to smash my head into the roof of the car and I woke up. I loved the dream so much I tried to go back but I couldn't.

Are they're any steps into making lucid dreams come true?

--------------------
"First of all, I don't see America having problems." --George W. Bush, interview with Bob Costas at the 2008 Olympics, Beijing, China, Aug. 10, 2008

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: Esophagus]
    #8815438 - 08/23/08 02:04 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

come true?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibleEsophagus
Mr. Poops
Male

#8815449 - 08/23/08 02:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I mean happen. Steps to induce lucid dreams.

--------------------
"First of all, I don't see America having problems." --George W. Bush, interview with Bob Costas at the 2008 Olympics, Beijing, China, Aug. 10, 2008

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: Esophagus]
    #8816696 - 08/23/08 06:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

yes you can stay up as long as you can, and then take a bunch of 4 minute naps, waking yourself with an alarm over and over. When you finally get to sleep, the chances of become lucid are higher. You can also just think about lucid dreaming so much that it invades your subconscious. Just submerge yourself in information.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibleEsophagus
Mr. Poops
Male

#8817579 - 08/23/08 09:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So basically completely drain your energy with your mind and sleep.

--------------------

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8818796 - 08/24/08 05:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

It was not lucid.

To echo The Cypher, you had a false awakening.

I had a strange dream a few weeks ago where I biked home from a get together with my brothers, then "woke up" on the street with a broken bike and the sun at high noon. I thought it was awful strange that nobody had found me broken down on the side of a busy street so I surmised that I was dreaming. I tried to will myself awake, which didn't work, so I tried closing my eyes then re-opening them, which didn't work so I carefully accepted that I was awake, so I biked back home. I was very creeped out the entire time after that because I had this tantalizing feeling that I was dreaming, but I just couldn't prove it (had I just tried flying or one of the other major dream tests).

Honestly, it's like tripping...if you have to ask if you were lucid dreaming, you weren't. "Am I tripping yet?" NO!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: fazdazzle]
    #8819251 - 08/24/08 10:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
It was not lucid.

To echo The Cypher, you had a false awakening.

I had a strange dream a few weeks ago where I biked home from a get together with my brothers, then "woke up" on the street with a broken bike and the sun at high noon. I thought it was awful strange that nobody had found me broken down on the side of a busy street so I surmised that I was dreaming. I tried to will myself awake, which didn't work, so I tried closing my eyes then re-opening them, which didn't work so I carefully accepted that I was awake, so I biked back home. I was very creeped out the entire time after that because I had this tantalizing feeling that I was dreaming, but I just couldn't prove it (had I just tried flying or one of the other major dream tests).

Honestly, it's like tripping...if you have to ask if you were lucid dreaming, you weren't. "Am I tripping yet?" NO!

sigh. Please read all of the posts above before responding.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinejcesar10
Stranger

#8819476 - 08/24/08 11:57 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If you are into lucid dreams you should read Carlos Castaneda's book The Power of Dreaming.  It deals with controlling your dreams.  In it Don Juan teaches Carlos techniques for making any dream lucid.  Next time you are dreaming try to look at your hand. if you do and it starts to change shape just look away and then back again.  That is the first step in controlling your dreaming.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: jcesar10]
    #8819859 - 08/24/08 02:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Looking at your hands works but it has a tendency to suck you back into a non-lucid dream.  Rubbing your hands together or spinning has a bit of a higher rate of effectiveness, IMO.  You can also try just sprinting once you turn lucid--constant motion appears to be able to keep your consciousness of the dream intact.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me figure out if this dream was lucid. [Re: deCypher]
    #8819873 - 08/24/08 02:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

when i start running i always fly.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8819898 - 08/24/08 02:19 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Flying is the shit.  My subconscious appears to be perversely contrarian though, and although I can start flying and maybe get up twenty feet into the air, there's always that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that says this is impossible, and I come crashing back down.  Any suggestions for combating this?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism