Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJeets
Stranger

Immunity to psilocybin?
    #8811526 - 08/22/08 04:20 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The title is a bit misleading but here's what I mean.

Person "X" recently ingested 25 wet grams of B+ mushrooms grown by person "J". Person J has hallucinated quite often off their own mushrooms but when ingested by person X they have felt absolutely nothing. How is this possible?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: Jeets]
    #8811538 - 08/22/08 04:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well, they could have had a high tolerance, or they didn't get what they expected and thus "didn't trip."

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineJeets
Stranger

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: g00ru]
    #8811564 - 08/22/08 04:29 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Well, they could have had a high tolerance, or they didn't get what they expected and thus "didn't trip."

Sorry I should have mentioned they have never tripped on anything before.

OfflinePaulrus
Man Simplified
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #8811570 - 08/22/08 04:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Probably taking meds.

OfflineJeets
Stranger

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: Paulrus]
    #8811603 - 08/22/08 04:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paulrus said:
Probably taking meds.

nope no meds : )

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: Paulrus]
    #8811651 - 08/22/08 04:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have a friend who back in the late 90s ate some cubes with me and some  other friends.  All night he said he felt absolutely nothing, despite his huge pupils.  The physiological response in his eyes was definite proof that his liver had properly broken down the protein coating of the psilocin and psilocybin was therefore coursing through his veins, yet he had no signs of cognitive or visual hallucination.  He was quite disappointed and claimed  the rest of us were "faking".  (We were teens).
I don't know what causes this, but I think it would be an interesting paradox for the scientific community to study.  The brain is not known for blocking such powerful alkalines from affecting it completely.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: joekenorer]
    #8811661 - 08/22/08 04:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

alkaloids^

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

OfflineCraighead
Cheerfullygrinning
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8811677 - 08/22/08 04:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This has happened to me too. I gave two of my friends to some home grown mushrooms and one tripped absolute balls while the other had dilated eyes but claimed to see AND feel nothing. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#8811681 - 08/22/08 04:51 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

guruu, where did you get those pics in your sig from?

--------------------

OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
    #8811682 - 08/22/08 04:51 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Protein coating??????

I mean ??????

There's no protein coating on indole alaloids.

They're not viruses you know.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#8811705 - 08/22/08 04:56 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocybin has a protein coating on it when it is in the organism.  When  you ingest it, your liver breaks down the protein coat and changes the molecule from psilocin to psilocybin.  The reason why ingesting the organism is the only way to reach the desired effect.  Now, This  is  what I read some sime ago.  It's solid science, but in the ever changing world of science, their may be a different conclusion.  But I can't find it.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: El Zorro]
    #8811727 - 08/22/08 05:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Eh, everyone is different :shrug:.

The first 2 times I tried mushrooms i took 1.7g, didn't really feel much at all. I had large pupils but no effects were really standing out. And i always eat the mushrooms strait, on an empty stomach with fasting for the day. I never really experienced tripping effects until i got to the 3.5g dose.

Was he on an empty stomach or did he have a meal 2-3 hours prior?....Metabolism could be different, i have a friend that starts to full on trip within 15-30 minutes regardless....Or it just naturally takes him quite a bit more to get off, like myself.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: openmind]
    #8811742 - 08/22/08 05:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

When  you ingest it, your liver breaks down the protein coat and changes the molecule from psilocin to psilocybin.

Just pointing this out because i always seem to get it confused....But does your body break down psilocin to psilocybin or is it psilocybin into psilocin?...

And do they both cause you to trip, or is it just the chemical that's been broken down?...

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Immunity to psilocybin? [Re: openmind]
    #8811777 - 08/22/08 05:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

you're right, I got it backwards :p

--------------------

Offlinevldmrs
no title
Male

Loc: Europe
    #8811780 - 08/22/08 05:25 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

imposible or just no tolerance for it :grin:

OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
    #8811835 - 08/22/08 05:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

joekenorer said:
Psilocybin has a protein coating on it when it is in the organism.  When  you ingest it, your liver breaks down the protein coat and changes the molecule from psilocin to psilocybin.  The reason why ingesting the organism is the only way to reach the desired effect.  Now, This  is  what I read some sime ago.  It's solid science, but in the ever changing world of science, their may be a different conclusion.  But I can't find it.

No, no, no.
There is no protein coating on psilocybin or psilocin.

Not "solid science" not science at all.

I suppose simple exposure to air strips off this imaginary coating and allows the psilocin to oxidize and turn blue.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#8811932 - 08/22/08 06:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not here to argue about protein coating.  If you're so sure it doesn't exist, then  maybe you're right and I'm wrong.  I remember reading that the difference in psilocybin and psilocin is the molecular structure that changes in the liver.  I remember a protein coat, but that could very well be a manufactured memory, surely you agree that happens.  Maybe the extra molecule was a protein itself.  In any case, I posted to say that I too know someone that didn't trip when they ate a bunch of cubes.

Lets not distract any further from the subject, I am hoping someone has  some insight on the phenomena.

--------------------

Invisibleninjx
Music Guru
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Gazelle
    #8811957 - 08/22/08 06:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

25g wet isn't that much. He should try 4g-7g dried. If he is having trouble tripping.

--------------------

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

#8811987 - 08/22/08 06:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

dryed seems to affect me harder than fresh.  But thats me.

(Awesome batman sig)

--------------------

Invisibleninjx
Music Guru
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Gazelle
    #8812316 - 08/22/08 07:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Although wet mushrooms are, technically, more potent, it is hard to tell how much you are actually taking (in terms of dried grams). This is usually why people dry them out: for an easy way to measure how much to take. Dried mushrooms usually don't lose much potency unless baked in an oven at 400 degrees for an hour :tongue:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience