Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8812929 - 08/22/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
So what will the humans of 2525 look back and say about their ancestors in the early 21st century?

They'll say "Man gas was cheap"

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8813157 - 08/22/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
There is some evidence that Neanderthal, far from being a caveman-like brute, may have been more intelligent and more passive than homo-sapiens. Where is these somewhat more gentle species today?

They are hangin out with the Mayans....    :thumbup:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8813161 - 08/22/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

513orangejuice said:
Quote:

That does not invalidate the benefit in refining our attitudes away from aggression and separation and towards the spiritual ideals I mentioned.  I don't know about you, but I'm talking about a balanced approach to living life.

awesome, balance is important in all things. extremes are also of the most concern in matters like these: too much happyness results in too much sadness/ too much you hurting people = too much people hurtin you, ....so... to use this to your advantage, hurt very little to never and you will hurt very little to never, never love anything too much when its here because the more love it when you have it, the more you hate losing it when the time comes for it to leave, something cant be without also not being, you cant have a video game long before its old and boring, even just as it was new and exciting once bofore. extremes are bad. you are so right about balance!

Is it not worth it to Love those around you with all your heart, simply because it will hurt to eventually lose them?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8814556 - 08/23/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I can't believe I wrote that. I must have been channeling someone else. :lol:

:banbanban:.......

So what will the humans of 2525 look back and say about their ancestors in the early 21st century?

In that dark age our ancestors will have lost the intelligence for speech. They will grunt at us however.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #8814560 - 08/23/08 07:24 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oweyervishice said:
Quote:

513orangejuice said:
Quote:

That does not invalidate the benefit in refining our attitudes away from aggression and separation and towards the spiritual ideals I mentioned.  I don't know about you, but I'm talking about a balanced approach to living life.

awesome, balance is important in all things. extremes are also of the most concern in matters like these: too much happyness results in too much sadness/ too much you hurting people = too much people hurtin you, ....so... to use this to your advantage, hurt very little to never and you will hurt very little to never, never love anything too much when its here because the more love it when you have it, the more you hate losing it when the time comes for it to leave, something cant be without also not being, you cant have a video game long before its old and boring, even just as it was new and exciting once bofore. extremes are bad. you are so right about balance!

Is it not worth it to Love those around you with all your heart, simply because it will hurt to eventually lose them?

Love never hurts. You are referring to attachnment.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: Patisotagami]
    #8814562 - 08/23/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Top of food chain...?

Last time I checked, tigers could rip humans to shreds.

What are you saying? Humans have driven most all other predators into extinction or into a corner. Tigers my well be gone soon. Do you think they killed themselves off?

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8814604 - 08/23/08 07:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

"We wouldnt be here today"

We wouldnt be where we are today, and wheres that?
Take a look at the state of society!

Life is naturally agressive etc...nothing wrong with that, but theres nothing wrong with going past that to instead of seeing all the differences & the friction of fear which that seeing brings, to instead see how we are alike & let love flow from that seeing...

Theres no denial involved in going beyond/transendence into oneness of love, just total acceptance, denial is something which has to be faced up to eventually by all.

Much like how your denial of your oneness with all of life & your true nature of formless pure love will eventually show itself...its inevitable :grin:

The psychology behind you making this post is very insightful...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: Chronic7]
    #8814611 - 08/23/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

your true nature of formless pure love will

Nice, thanks for sharing your pure speculation.  But there is no evidence that our true nature is pure love. More likely a mish mash of chaos.

And I might add it could well be a fear based belief.;)

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: Icelander]
    #8814615 - 08/23/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

No speculation over here, but no proof, how can i take formlessness & show it to you!?

I cant show you your true self, only you can do that by looking in.

I hope you discover it, i really do...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8814626 - 08/23/08 07:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

No speculation over here, but no proof,

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::monkeydance:

But of course if you say it it must be true.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8814639 - 08/23/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Do you have any idea how much of this kind of talk goes down here. Any yahoo from OTD can tell  you what is true about ultimate existence and they don't need a shred of evidence either. But of course everyone thinks their personal little hope and dream is the truth. This shit gets really old.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings... [Re: Icelander]
    #8814644 - 08/23/08 08:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

True for me yes, i cant speak for any other individual other than to say when we look past individuality we all see the same thing, that thing i call truth because its consistent & to me truth or reality is something thats eternal. So all im saying is when we look past individuality we all see the same thing, that thing being what we truly are behind all these masks.

Back to OC's post i wonder what a society that is only focused on personal gain, violent agression with no sense of togetherness/love would be like?

You make it seem the only things that kept humans so sucessfull is theyre agressive nature, when i would say it is that yes, but most importantly our ability to relate to one another, our ability to deeply communicate, our togetherness, which is our love.

:peace:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8814669 - 08/23/08 08:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

when we look past individuality we all see the same thing,

We all see the same thing? We all see love? I certainly don't think so buddy boy.:crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#8817795 - 08/23/08 09:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (03/10/21 05:48 PM)

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#8819126 - 08/24/08 07:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If our ancestors were some folk's idealized loving beings...

that today's 'spiritually sensitive' would like them and us to be...

WE WOULDN'T BE HERE TODAY!

If you are talking about humans then it does not follow that humans would not be here if our ancestors were some idealized loving beings. If our ancestors were not some idealized loving beings and we are here as humans it only follows that we are here and that our ancestors were not some idealized loving beings.

It is possible that humans would be here if our ancestors were some idealized loving beings. If they were not and we are here in no way negates the possibility that humans could be here if humans ancestors were some idealized loving beings.

If you are talking about the individuals that comprise humanity today when you say that WE WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY, then of course you are correct. But if you are talking about the humans as species the answer is unknowable. It is also unknowable whether at some point in human history that our ancestors were or were not idealized loving beings.

So your proposition is flawed, as it is not possible to know whether at some time our ancestors were or were not idealized human beings.
Your conclusion is false as there is no way of testing it.
If our ancestors were not idealized loving beings and we are here today, does not of necessity preclude that human would be here if they were idealized human beings.

Violence, opportunism and aggression are what got us to the top of the food chain.

Denying that is denying our history and genetic makeup.

Violence, opportunism and aggression are not sufficient attributes to get one to the top of the food chain. These are attributes that any predator processes.

How does our genetic makeup reveal that we are violent, opportunistic and aggressive? It is implied by your statement. I do not think, at least yet, that one can find genes that cause the expression of these qualities.

There is some evidence that Neanderthal, far from being a caveman-like brute, may have been more intelligent and more passive than homo-sapiens. Where is these somewhat more gentle species today?

There is also evidence that suggests that Neanderthal's protein was derived mostly from herbavores, unlike H. sapiens whose diet tends towards omnivorous.

In your statement about humans being on the top of the food chain you stated that the violence was one of the attributes that got us to the top of the food chain. Neandrathals by evidence of their diet were at the top of the food chain and derived most of their protein from the top of the food chain.

If the qualities that get one to the top are violence, opportunism and aggression then Neanderthals cannot be considered passive.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order