Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Disguise my jars please
    #8810103 - 08/22/08 09:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am shipping off to college soon and have very recently fully colonized jars that i have not done anything with yet.
I don't want my mover friends to see what i have been up to and I need a way to transport the jars.....
I have heard i need to keep them cool (under 91 F?) while moving with them. [Is it okay to have them still in the jars after they have reached 100% colonization? if so how long?]
the MAIN question is how may i be able to disguise my jars? Any ideas? creativity is fun. Wrapping paper? Stack 'em in a large cylindrical case? hahaha i dunno
if you have any brilliant ideas or any answers please respond

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #8810140 - 08/22/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

pack them before friends arrive and let it be the last box you unpack or maybe just hide it till they leave.

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

Offlinefish42
Cracker

Loc: northern hemisphere
    #8810153 - 08/22/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

put them in a box labeled "king cobra"

--------------------
Do you dare to feel responsible for every dollar you lay down
are you going to make the rich man richer
or are you going to stand your ground
You say you want a revolution
a communal evolution
to be a part of the solution
maybe I'll be seeing you around.

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: Izangi]
    #8810154 - 08/22/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

pack them in a box and tape the crap out of it. It wont be easy to open so it wont get looked in.

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: echoesSG]
    #8810191 - 08/22/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you better hide them well if you don't want mommy and daddy fl ping out when they realize you are using them to ship a controlled substance to a college. why is this in the cult forum ?

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: grod31]
    #8810203 - 08/22/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well I was also confused about moving temperatures ad how long the jars can go without needing to be birthed, but i realized when i'm moving in is also when I let them sit for a week after full colonization so it's works well.

Still would love more nice ideas but the taped box sounds like it could work

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 

OfflinePaulrus
Man Simplified
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #8810524 - 08/22/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

guitar cases have always been a favorite of mine for that sort of thing, if ya play guitar that is.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #8810563 - 08/22/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just packit among other things in a box. And for satans sake, don't let the temp EVER get that high. Remember that the temp inside the car can be up to 5 dgrees warmer than outside of the jar, sometimes more. I would stay away from prolonged temps above 82. And as for them being a controlled substance, that's BS. Mycelium is 100% legal. Think about it. It's the fruits that are illegal. You can grow mycelium for culture study and other random things. Besides, how the hell are they supposed to know if you're growing illegal mushrooms anyway? Anyway, like I said, I would just pack it among other things, and tape the hell out of it. But don't make it look too much different than the other boxes. I have moved 20 pot plants before with no one knowing. As for how long the jars can sit, mine have been sitting for nearly 3.5 weeks. And if you're just going to birth them outright, then it's a good idea to have them start to fruit invitro, then fruit them, from what I understand. I never did cakes. Bulk subs are the only way to go as far as I am concerned. Good luck.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: misos]
    #8810610 - 08/22/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

misos said:. And as for them being a controlled substance, that's BS. Mycelium is 100% legal. Think about it. It's the fruits that are illegal. You can grow mycelium for culture study and other random things.

I beg to differ...the only thing legal in the USA are the spores...the mycellium contains psilocin/psilocybin and are both illegal substances in the USA...Check your facts before you spread mis-information that could land someone in jail!!!

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Edited by UncleMike (08/22/08 11:20 AM)

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#8810650 - 08/22/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

misos said:
Mycelium is 100% legal.

Then you don't know what your talking about. Cakes for active shrooms contain Psilocybin. Granted, they are not very potent. But the law, at least US law, is very clear that it is Psilocybin and Psilocin that are illegal, not the mushrooms.1

1: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law.shtml

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: UncleMike]
    #8810676 - 08/22/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

... I stand corrected. My apologies for misinforming peeps. I was told incorrectly as well. I FAIL! And thank you for letting us know.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Offlinepsilog
{o:o}
Male User Gallery

Loc: home on the range
    #8810879 - 08/22/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

make an incision in each of the stuffed animals you've yet to leave behind.  remove a little of the stuffing (aka polyfil) as to not make your favorite teddy look bloated and situate your jar in the center. save the stuffing for the monotub you'll build later. restitch Mr. snuggles and pack him with the rest of your jars (teddies) in a box labeled adolescence.
When you've been at college for awhile and would like to become a man, unpack the box of teddies and perform a birthing ritual (for you and the jars).

--------------------

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #8810947 - 08/22/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

misos said:
... I stand corrected. My apologies for misinforming peeps. I was told incorrectly as well. I FAIL! And thank you for letting us know.

i really respect your humbleness here, alot of people catch attitudes if corrected or they simply do not post any more in the thread. nice positive attitude!

--------------------
grind

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: seven]
    #8810980 - 08/22/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ha ha ha i like the cobra idea lol :rofl2:

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#8811059 - 08/22/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, thanks a lot bro. That's really awesome of you to say. I was a bit of a douche, I must say:blush:. Thanks for the positive words.

--------------------

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #8811513 - 08/22/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

misos seems to be a cool cat!! good attitude...

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Edited by UncleMike (08/22/08 02:18 PM)

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: UncleMike]
    #8811641 - 08/22/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

UncleMike said:
misos seems to be a cool cat!! good attitude...

yeah i had to point out the positivness in his responce to being almost harshly corrected. gave him a nice rating for it as well :smile:

--------------------
grind

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

#8811644 - 08/22/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

put them in a box.

and move.

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

#8811706 - 08/22/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Put them in a box labeled

WARNING:  Anthrax producing bacterium contained inside.  Handle with care.  Do not open.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This side up

--------------------
My trade thread

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Disguise my jars please [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8815098 - 08/23/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah i love positive attitudes, if people man up to something they are wrong about which usually stems from previous wrong facts and not the personality. the world would be a better place. Also if people took cubensis mushrooms as well haha.
I like all the ideas and i thank you for the input. keep 'em coming if you so desire, i would love it
I might rate you guys if I could, but then again mushrooms showed me that what other people rate you in life should mean nothing to the individual conscious

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate