Home | Community | Message Board

Vesp.co, Inc.
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
awesome
    #8809372 - 08/22/08 04:34 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I grew up in FL, moved to philly on my own a year or two ago, etc.  been to canada when i  was kneehigh, but thats as far as me being "cultured" goes, really.  I dig philly so much because I meet people from all over the world and they expose me to that  concept, which most people take advantage of, I think. 

most folks know theres other countries on the map, but most people can't actually acknowledge that theres other countries in the world.  there's not much inflection in text but I hope that makes sense.  kinda an "out of sight out of mind" thing.  I havent been to europe or india or anywhere else really, but I dig meeting people from elsewhere and actually realizing it and not just knowing it. 

I have plenty of friends whove been to europe and india and south america and stuff.  its a hard concept to ascertain, but just meeting these people is a great start.  I love being part of this city.  I love the melting pot atmosphere not being hostile and segregated, or at least not as much as it is in florida, and being much more diverse in such a small area. 

I met this guy from italy through a friend tonight and I asked his name and he said "dah-vih-deh"  which took me a few times, and he said "call me dave"  but thats not his name.  so I dont want to call him that.  so i got it down and we talked, and just the latin aspect, I'm not used to someone talking to me from 5 inches or less away from my face.  youre from the US and you do that and youre a faggot for trying to be so close. 

so it was weird for a sec till I remembered about latin culture and conversing and such.  and it opened my eyes a bit.  something so simple, got me to make a long fucking post like this that I wouldn't have made otherwise.  even though its a fucking joke of being "cultured" compared to actually going to italy, it inspires me.  it makes me realize things I just usually pass off as acquired knowledge. 

so i'm a bit drunk and a good bit happier and a bit more excited about the future and myself traveling around and seeing the world.  I have no fucking idea how thats gonna happen since I'm poor and have no motivation for pretty much anything, but it gives me hope.  and hope is what keeps stupid cunts like myself going.  so fuck yeah. 

I usually dont feel up to sharing such long winded sentiments with the shroomery even mostly due to me being a semi-introverted person and having little or no motivation, but sometimes, albeit rarely, I have great interesting nights such as this and I feel hopeful for the future.  so fuck yeah.  tomorrow I'll go back to being bitter and sardonic and selfdeprecating as always.  so cheers for a great night.  :thumbup:

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub