Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious
    #8809314 - 08/22/08 03:58 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

About 8 months back I was eating shrooms every weekend or so for about 1 month in high doses.  I was gaining a better understanding of the unity between all of us and began to be able to pick up on other people's "tells" through their body language and knew I had my own tells that gave away how I REALLY thought.  I went through a period of losing my attachment to the old way of life of status, subtle bragging ("Lets go play MY xbox in MY room"), etc.  I was also staying high all day and that led to skin wrenching anxiety.

The first time I took LSA it felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest.  I could communicate with sober people while tripping much better than with shrooms, the main feature seemed to be to enjoy life, and all in all I felt more like myself rather than some crazy shroom head change.  I only had 3 or 4 extracted LSA trips, but the feeling was identical yet more subtle than LSD.  About a month ago I had 200-250mics of some super clean LSD in a rural environment.  Everything was spiraling and I felt like I should follow my thoughts out of this world and through the spiral.  "The world is fucked" thinking went away and I was able to lay in the grass seeing the whispy fractal-like edges of the clouds gliding across the sky.  I didn't give even one fuck what people thought of me and the feeling stuck until I ate some mushrooms.  I hadn't desired any weed since the LSD, but I ate some mushrooms and lost that lucid head high throughout my day and went back to shroom awkward weirdness to an extent.

Anyone else notice similar phenomenon?  I've got a fuckload of shrooms and no LSD and would like to go balls out and have a 40-50g wet trip, but with the results I've been having make me think that would be a bad idea.  Mushrooms feel like something only meant for two-four times a year (YMMV) and LSD seems really sustainable.  Just so clean, lucid, and cleansing.  Mushrooms left me tangled in a knot of my own thoughts and LSD straightened me out with a new set of eyes.  I don't care about the differences in effects so much, but how do mushrooms and LSD affect you guys AFTER your trips.

One other question that's been on my mind.  Every older fellow I've talked to that's tripped has said his friends that tripped damn near all the time ended up really weird.  Staring off into space and thinking, trouble communicating, etc.  My use has been kicking up, but I don't feel overwhelmed and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with sitting alone looking at the sunset rather than gossiping with coworkers on break.  How have some of you turned out that have tripped enough for several people?  What about friends?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious [Re: arpnuke]
    #8809736 - 08/22/08 08:54 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I see where you're coming from with being able to communicate more on LSD. I didn't really agree with this until my last acid trip, but someone on this forum the other week said something similar to, 'Mushrooms lead you to self realizations where as LSD gives you false realizations.' I kinda felt I could connect with that during my last trip. I wouldn't say I had 'false realizations' per se, and that could very well not be what the guy said, I don't remember to well. However, it just felt that on LSD it was easy to push bad thoughts aside and just ignore them where as on Mushrooms I'm forced to tackle these problems and they don't go away until I've resolved them normally. Not sure if that really even answers your question or if I got off topic there, but that was an interesting insight I had all the same.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious [Re: arpnuke]
    #8810336 - 08/22/08 12:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

arpnuke said: About 8 months back I was eating shrooms every weekend or so for about 1 month in high doses. 

This is why... high dose, every weekend shrooming done for a while will end up turning you slightly bonkers.  The mind needs time to rest and reintegrate your tripping experiences, and repetitive high dosing like you're describing will only cement in delusions from your trips and make you forget the true insights.  Most people that I've talked to who've had experience with this sort of thing have invariably worsened their social anxiety this way.

Take a six month break and then come back--I guarantee you'll feel the old life-affirming nature of the mushroom.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious [Re: deCypher]
    #8811321 - 08/22/08 03:39 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i think magic mushrooms and LSD are very simmilar in how they delight and then tax the mind & body:
small doses of each can be enjoyed every 3 days (IMO).

for me the only differences are that magic mushrooms are magic mushrooms, and lsd is magic paper,
and I can carry magic paper almost anywhere for a long time eating bits when I need it, but it is not so easy with magic mushrooms.

both are difficult to find and a treasure when you do.

I do love the taste of the mushroom and the tinyness of paper.

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Re: Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8811635 - 08/22/08 04:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have this underlying fear that Mushrooms make me overthink life and make my thoughts constantly race. Although i do have anxiety due to my heavy energy drink addiction < lol

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Post-shrooms: More self concious | Post LSD/A: Less self concious [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8811709 - 08/22/08 04:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
i think magic mushrooms and LSD are very simmilar in how they delight and then tax the mind & body:
small doses of each can be enjoyed every 3 days (IMO).

What do you consider to be small doses and you don't feel this degrades the magic from either substance? Surely if you use em every 3 days, even in small doses, the tolerance would catch up w/you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience