Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLinux
Elite Grey Hat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastpointe, MI 48021 Flag
Bulk with Rye!
    #8807570 - 08/21/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have been in Cultivation since I was 18 and Im 23 now. I have done it all from the PF to bulk Horse poo that I collected and pasteurized myself. I have come to the conclusion that all my future grows will just coffee enriched rye. I think Im on to something.

What do you guys think the largest amount of rye I should place in each "spawn" bag? Do you have any tips on making spawn bags?

Or maybe bags are not the best way of colonizing large amounts of rye... Maybe I should use gallon jars?
I am very co0mfterable with jars and they make pretty large PCs

Then again I have invested allot of money in the massive collection of quart jars  already have. Maybe I should make one last batch of rye in them and sell them as pre-made rye jars on ebay $$$

Please help me evolve this idea. I really like the size of the mushrooms I have been getting on just rye. Potency Is unchanged as far as my own testing has proven. I see no difference in the potency versus h-poo. There are better subs yes, but I have made mushrooms that are almost dangerous and scary for most people and I think this sub Im using consisting of just rye is my favorite way to grow when you weigh all the pros and cons in my opinion.

> NOTES

Quote:

Holydiver said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Not true, pound for pound rye give you more wieght.  Poo and Straw will give more potent fruits though.  The reason most people move to bulk to get more weight is that it is easier to pasteurize 20 lbs of horse manure than sterilize 20 lbs of rye.  Or at least that is what my understanding of it is.

Bleh, of course pound for pound its better.  Poo and straw will not give you more potent shrooms then cased straight grains on average, are you guessing or speaking from experience on this one?

Quote:

onetime said:
lb for lb i find that straw/blood meal/bone meal  make the most potant shrooms

--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk with Rye! [Re: Linux]
    #8808801 - 08/21/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Potency is genetic.  Sub has nothing to do with potency.  Rye is way to expensive to use as a bulk sub.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: Bulk with Rye! [Re: Krez]
    #8809119 - 08/22/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
Potency is genetic.  Sub has nothing to do with potency.  Rye is way to expensive to use as a bulk sub.

I don't believe in the marketing bullshit like you guys. Sub. definately affects quality.you can take stems of all the strains at the same age and same sub. and they'll be the same.

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk with Rye! [Re: em_bre_O]
    #8809148 - 08/22/08 12:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So thats like saying youll have a monoculture if you streak spores across agar?  Im guessing thats the principle of what your saying?  Not tryin to be an ass and if im wrong please correct me.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: Bulk with Rye! *DELETED* [Re: Krez]
    #8809209 - 08/22/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk with Rye! [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8809224 - 08/22/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Substate affects the size not the potency.
wbs, brf,popcorn,coir,straw,dung I've run through all of them and they all hit ya the same, size is the only noticeable difference from what can be seen.
Straw will make um nice and fat and flush 4 really good times with NO loss in potency.
Poo i've found to contam in later flushes but still love it while it last.
Coir really loses luster after flush 2 sometimes 3, but is still really nice substrate except for the price.
Brf cakes are just a total jagoff on yield. fine potency though,
Wbs cased are nice, but i like to stretch it out over other substrates.
Popcorn....well FUCK POPCORN.

Thats pretty much what I thought and im stickin with it.

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8809238 - 08/22/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Linux those quotes you posted are pretty old id imagine.  Like Slim said sub affects the size.  Ive tried straw but it failed.  Although at the time I didnt know I was supposed to add lime while the straw was soaking.  Im gonna have to try it again. 

Poo kicks ass and you can get it for free.  Some say coir is on the same level as poo, its damn close but it aint free.  If your goin bulk stick with poo, straw, coir or any of those in a mixture of whatever you feel like.  Hell try straw logs.

--------------------

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #8809510 - 08/22/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

search "search substrate and potency"  there's a whole slew of info on it.

OfflineLinux
Elite Grey Hat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastpointe, MI 48021 Flag
    #8809724 - 08/22/08 06:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
Rye is way to expensive to use as a bulk sub.

I get 50lbs for 12$ at the local feed store, Now do you figure?

Quote:

Potency is genetic.  Sub has nothing to do with potency.

What about this? Psilocybe cubensis "Z-Strain" on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice cased

That sub affected potency.

--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk with Rye! [Re: Linux]
    #8810526 - 08/22/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is it organic rye grain?  I still disagree with that.  That was from 05 when everyone still though sub affected potency.  Again that a good price but make sure its organic.  Hpoo is still free though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate