Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Fat kids and pets. . .
    #8808337 - 08/21/08 11:40 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so today me and my boyfriend went to the mall today and saw a 8-10 year old girl who was fucking huge! In fact she was wearing a maternity top! Her mother was older and a tiny bit overweight but barely. When your kids are that young though its your fault! You fucking feed your kids why not just feed them less or maybe stop taking them to McDonalds! I mean seriously that causes major health issues at that age. Thats basically child abuse.

Later we saw this show on animal planet called "fat pets". I had to turn it off. This one lady had an 202 pound rottwieler! I mean she was obese herself (as was her husband) and she got mad at the dog groomer because she said the dog was obese when clearly the dog is as wide as it was tall. She started  to argue with the groomer and tell her that the vet said he was perfectly healthy. The Dog groomer told this lady that anyone could clearly see that her dog was beyond overweight and she told the groomer that she was being rude and that she was only there to wash the dog not be a vet.

I dont know about you but if I was that groomer I would totally call the Animal Control people! That dog might fucking die just because they feed him too much. The lady's main argument was "Oh well he's happy" Their was another lady who got the death sentence for her 40 pound cocker spaniel and after she left the vet she feed it cake because he wanted it and it was another one of her dog's birthday! What the fuck is wrong with people????

I know fat is an epidemic with people in this country but seriously do people not care about their pets and kids... IMO both are kind of the same thing! I mean essentially kids and pets can't take care of themselves and they need you to make decisions for them... this included food consumption!!!!

Would you call social services/ animal control?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDark_globe
Stranger
Male

Loc: NSW
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Lndrydusting]
    #8808377 - 08/21/08 11:44 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

put the fork down ppl

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8808391 - 08/21/08 11:46 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

When you're a dog groomer, you see all types of fucked up shit with the animals.  Animals who have been horribly abused, sickeningly obese and sickeningly emaciated, every inch black and crawling with fleas and ticks, matted hair so thick the dog can't even walk.  I know; I groomed dogs as a profession for awhile.  I've seen some disturbing sights; whole pieces of dog missing after mats are removed.  On one occasion I removed a mat from a dogs eye (eyes were matted shut) and the eye beneath had rotted and died; it was oozing out.   

It's very sad. 

(And yes, myself and my fellow groomers have called  on some owners, because the situation was dire)

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Dark_globe]
    #8808468 - 08/22/08 12:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Fat people are disgusting and everyone should remind them of that fact every time they go anyplace in public.  If we ridicule them enough maybe they'll have some incentive to lose some weight and get healthy.  People insult drug addicts all the time, why don't we insult food addicts?  I find it vexing that fat people are able to find partners and have kids (also fat). I often wonder if fat people are disgusted by the appearance of other fat people. How the hell is a fat guy able to get a boner when the woman is appallingly obese?

I would call animal control and ask them whether overfeeding a pet to the point of obesity could be considered abuse.  It is definitely entirely the owner's fault if a pet is obese to an unhealthy degree.  My old cat(RIP) got a little chunky for a couple years.  It came to the point where I would pick her up and be like "damn cat you're heavy".  So we cut back on the amount of food we gave her in each meal. We gave her special diet cat food and stopped giving her treats and feeding her scraps as she waited under the dinner table.  She was back at a healthy weight within months.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: BoneMan]
    #8808569 - 08/22/08 12:23 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BoneMan said:
Fat people are disgusting and everyone should remind them of that fact every time they go anyplace in public.  If we ridicule them enough maybe they'll have some incentive to lose some weight and get healthy.  People insult drug addicts all the time, why don't we insult food addicts?

Yeah, because insulting an addict is a surefire way to make them see the error in their ways and decide to get on the straight and narrow. People with addictions often use (substances/food/sex/etc..) to ease emotional pain. What greater pain is there than someone pointing an laughing at you in public?

No one deserves to be ridiculed because a part of their life is out of control... Except for rednecks....

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Edited by WakeboardrB (08/22/08 12:26 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #8808604 - 08/22/08 12:32 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

BoneMan said:
Fat people are disgusting and everyone should remind them of that fact every time they go anyplace in public.  If we ridicule them enough maybe they'll have some incentive to lose some weight and get healthy.  People insult drug addicts all the time, why don't we insult food addicts?

Yeah, because insulting an addict is a surefire way to make them see the error in their ways and decide to get on the straight and narrow. People with addictions often use (substances/food/sex/etc..) to ease emotional pain. What greater pain is there than someone pointing an laughing at you in public?

No one deserves to be ridiculed because a part of their life is out of control... Except for rednecks....

Why are they the exception?  :lol:

People are addicted to things because they are attempting to fill the void caused by our soulless society and heartless humanity. 

Oh despair.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8808639 - 08/22/08 12:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

The town I live in is fairly health conscious, so there's not a ton of fatties walking around here.  Whenever I head up to Portland it's almost like a culture shock: seriously obese people everywhere.  Plenty of fat folks too, but it's the truly obese ones who scare/repulse me.

It is really sad to see grotesquely fat kids and pets though.  It's not as though they regulate their own eating.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8808649 - 08/22/08 12:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
The town I live in is fairly health conscious, so there's not a ton of fatties walking around here.  Whenever I head up to Portland it's almost like a culture shock: seriously obese people everywhere.  Plenty of fat folks too, but it's the truly obese ones who scare/repulse me.

I work at Whole Foods and am shocked by the number of obese people who come in there. 

I like to think that all those people are working on healing themselves, until I see them with shopping carts full of cake and cookies.  But hey it's organic!

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

#8808725 - 08/22/08 01:06 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

I think ridicule works, it would make them more aware of the negative way that the general public looks at them.

I used to smoke cigarettes but I quit for two reasons. 25% of the reasoning was for my health and the other 75% was because so many people gave me shit about it.  I couldn't stand people (mostly friends and family) telling me that I stank, that smoking was disgusting, that I was killing myself and doing harm to anyone around me. 

Every time they saw me have a cigarette or come back inside from having one they would make a comment.  Stuff like "hey do you remember bill so-and-so? hes been in treatment for lung cancer.  can you believe he's still smoking?"  or  "boy you really need those cigarettes huh?  Just like your aunt so-and-so who smoked while she was pregnant with your cousin.  Do you know how many surgeries he had to have to repair the holes in his heart, all before he was two years old?  its despicable"  or just stuff like "did you just smoke a cigarette? you stink!

It was incredibly irritating and eventually I did start thinking about my health but I mostly quit because I didn't like being labeled "smoker" and being disrespected and frowned upon for it.

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #8808740 - 08/22/08 01:09 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

It's a disease, ok?  Just like alcoholism.  These people need our help, not our ridicule.  Thank you for listening.

~s24

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: BoneMan]
    #8808747 - 08/22/08 01:12 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quitting smoking is a shorter process though.  Once you quit, you stop getting shit about it.

When a fat person decides to try to get healthy, the process of losing the weight takes much longer, and the whole time everyone is still looking down on them for being fat, even though they may have changed the behaviors that caused it.  Plus a lot of fat people eat when they're depressed, and being constantly ridiculed even though you're making an effort to change would make anyone depressed.

I don't think ridiculing works very well for discouraging fatness.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8808788 - 08/22/08 01:25 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Good point, I neglected to take the time it takes to lose weight into consideration.  I guess obesity is quite a different beast from other addictions.  But I still think that it is a powerful incentive for someone to change their behavior when people bust their balls about it on a regular basis.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #8808792 - 08/22/08 01:26 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

BoneMan said:

Any pain that's actually real?  A pinch is more painful than that.

"I"m a fatty and people are laughing at me" pain isn't real pain, gimme a freakin break.  It should be motivation, or at the very most viewed as disdain for an opposing lifestyle, like old people hate skateboarding kids or normal people hate Mormons.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: scout24]
    #8808818 - 08/22/08 01:33 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

scout24 said:
It's a disease, ok?  Just like alcoholism.  These people need our help, not our ridicule.  Thank you for listening.

~s24

God I hope that's sarcasm. Fat-assedness is most certainly not a disease. There might be people with glandular and genetic issues, but the majority of fat people in this country are just gluttons by choice.

Personal accountability!

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Crasher]
    #8808880 - 08/22/08 01:47 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

obese people make me a little sick, but who am i judge (we all have our faults).  BUT, how does someone thats obese look in the mirror and go, "i'm all right with how i'm looking" or "i promise that i'm gonna do something about this weight problem" and never do anything.  IMO, it says something about obese people's personality as a whole.  i agree that we should really be pointing out people lifestyle errors but not in a ridiculing way but more of a concerned.  sure its an addiction, but you can't use that as a crutch and call it a disease.  take some responsibility for your feeding habits as well as your kids and pets.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8808902 - 08/22/08 01:50 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

publicenemy1 said:
but who am i judge (we all have our faults). 

Thank you for that reminder.  "Judge not, lest ye be judged."  I am flawed too, just like anyone.  I shouldn't be casting stones. 

Quote:

BUT, how does someone thats obese look in the mirror and go, "i'm all right with how i'm looking" or "i promise that i'm gonna do something about this weight problem" and never do anything.  IMO, it says something about obese people's personality as a whole.  i agree that we should really be pointing out people lifestyle errors but not in a ridiculing way but more of a concerned.  sure its an addiction, but you can't use that as a crutch and call it a disease.  take some responsibility for your feeding habits as well as your kids and pets.

:shrug:  I agree, overall.  Personal responsibility goes a long way; the problem is that it's a dying tenement.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: Jadian]
    #8808909 - 08/22/08 01:51 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jadian said: like old people hate skateboarding kids or normal people hate Mormons.

:nothingtoadd:

except, the other day I was skating with my friend to the skatepark and I see an elderly man hault his walking as we skate up about to go past him and he got this huge grin on his face :grin:. I could see he was in aw so I yell, "Check this out!" and bust a clean ass tre flip (360 kickflip) right as I pass him and turn around to see his reaction and he just had a huge grin on his face and clapped a few times :biggrin:

Oh, it's the little things in life.... :smile:

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Fat kids and pets. . . [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #8808918 - 08/22/08 01:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hoopershroomer said:
so I yell, "Check this out!" and bust a clean ass tre flip 

thats wassup! stay killin it on a board, now back to the thread...

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #8808938 - 08/22/08 02:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

America's obese are the victims of targeted fast food industry campaigns.  It's reminiscent of the FBI's introduction of crack cocaine into black neighborhoods.  This is a deeper issue than you guys give credit for.

~s24

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8808940 - 08/22/08 02:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks PE1. But yeah I in somewhat of a way despise OVERLY obese people. It's like, how can they alow themselves to reach that wieght!? And it's just a complete turn off in some many aspects, espcially in the way you know they don't lead a healthy life. I feel that a ceratin amount of health consciousness has a lot to do with the level of attraction and appealingness a person has. overly obese people, just irritate me :ohwell:

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub