Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepestilance2
Stranger
Having a hard time...
    #8807076 - 08/21/08 08:07 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

first off i am from the gulf coast area of alabama

Okay I am new to shrooming, I tried to trip from some shrooms a few nights ago and they were duds so i wanted to find my own so i researched what to look for.
The first night i had someone drop me off and my friend and i slid under a gate and went looking for some, we found different types but none were close to what i had seen picture wise of the types that grew in this area.

The second night i found another field and i tried to get through the barbed wire fence and it pulsed my ass twice and i did check for an electrical current, every 15 seconds or so it would send a charge through. But anyways on this cow field there were mountains of shit but nothing growing in or around it, i drove by today and noticed that they were smaller cattle probobly being raised.... to be slaughtered

The weather has been really hot during the day with a little drizzling every day for a few minutes, and about 4 days ago we had a pretty good storm.. is it to late to go out and shroom?

And since the cattle in the second field were younger do you think that maybe the field wont have them or should i look further

Panaeolus cyanescens
Gymnopilus junonius
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Psilocybe cubensis

how much should it rain to activate the growth of these?

how long do i have to wait for these types after it rains to show up? i had friends tell me that its just a few hours after it rains that the small ones will come, but what about the ones with the golden nipple (hehe) please help me out =) thank you

i will have pictures and a journal soon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Having a hard time... [Re: pestilance2]
    #8807125 - 08/21/08 08:13 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

1-5 days after rain

cubes (cubensis)  grow on cow and horse poop and copes (cyans) grow on cow poop, subbs grow on newly installed lawns

cubensis id guide http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8045055/an/0/page/0

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8807368 - 08/21/08 08:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pestilance2 said:
first off i am from the gulf coast area of alabama

Excellent.  It always helps us to know approximately where you are.

Quote:

Okay I am new to shrooming, I tried to trip from some shrooms a few nights ago and they were duds so i wanted to find my own so i researched what to look for.

Doing your own research rocks.  I do as much of that as I can.  That way if I fuck up it's on me.

Quote:

The first night i had someone drop me off and my friend and i slid under a gate and went looking for some, we found different types but none were close to what i had seen picture wise of the types that grew in this area.

That's ok, at least you were looking.

Quote:

The second night i found another field and i tried to get through the barbed wire fence and it pulsed my ass twice and i did check for an electrical current, every 15 seconds or so it would send a charge through. But anyways on this cow field there were mountains of shit but nothing growing in or around it, i drove by today and noticed that they were smaller cattle probobly being raised.... to be slaughtered

Getting shocked sucks, but no one said mushroom hunting is easy.  Rattlesnakes, raging Bulls and cops. But what ya gonna do?  Slaughtered cattle!  :eek:

Mmmmm my favorite.

Quote:

The weather has been really hot during the day with a little drizzling every day for a few minutes, and about 4 days ago we had a pretty good storm.. is it to late to go out and shroom?

No, the more you look, the more you find.  If it's hot like that try to find pastures with woods, high grass or a river nearby.  Implee hit it on the head.

Quote:

And since the cattle in the second field were younger do you think that maybe the field wont have them or should i look further

The age of the cattle does not matter as long as they are grazing grass with shroom spores.

Panaeolus cyanescens, aka Copes.  Yes you can find them.

Gymnopilus junonius  unauthorized name.  Gymnopilus spectabilis is the common name.  They grow on wood and are not in a pasture.

Panaeolus subbalteatus aka Subbs.  Yes,  but they mostly grow on horse poo.  They can be in cattle poo though.

Psilocybe cubensis aka Cubes.  These are the ones you want and are found with cattle.  They are bigger and easier to see.

Quote:

how much should it rain to activate the growth of these?

The poo species? 1 day give or take a shower

Quote:

how long do i have to wait for these types after it rains to show up?

Implee nailed this one

Quote:

i had friends tell me that its just a few hours after it rains that the small ones will come

That's horse poo as well.

Quote:

but what about the ones with the golden nipple (hehe) please help me out =) thank you

i will have pictures and a journal soon

Cool! Welcome to the Shroomery.  I can't imagine you writing a journal :wink:

--------------------

Offlinepestilance2
Stranger
Re: Having a hard time... [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8807866 - 08/21/08 10:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

thanks i would give you guys rating but as you can see im new lol... thanks so much!

what kind of forestry does Gymnopilus spectabilis grow on? where i am around there are mostly pine forests if anything, and is it only on dead trees or living?

Edited by pestilance2 (08/21/08 10:21 PM)

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#8807879 - 08/21/08 10:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

No problem man.  Just keep hunting and finding them.  We'll help you figure out what they are.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinepestilance2
Stranger
Re: Having a hard time... [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8808434 - 08/21/08 11:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

not to keep spamming but howabout the forest area's...
what kind of forestry does Gymnopilus spectabilis grow on? where i am around there are mostly pine forests if anything, and is it only on dead trees or living?

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#8808467 - 08/22/08 12:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's a mix between dead hardwood logs and live trees.  I don't find many on pines but we don't have many in our area.

Try Googling or using our search engine.

And don't worry about asking questions.  Without questions this forum would barely have any threads.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification