Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFloydRose
Weilii eyed
Male

Loc: US, Georgia
Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question)
    #8807013 - 08/21/08 07:54 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everybody. Ive been holding on to 8 geltabs for about 2 weeks, and I'm getting ready to eat 4 of them (theyre VERY good). I wanted to save them till I moved to school; I'm in a whole new group of people, and just getting settled in basically.

Im planning on this being a very introspective, spiritual, life-organzing trip. Im tripping by myself, and thats a rather large dose for these geltabs. However, its nothing I cant handle, especially on my own.

So, first question:
Ive kept these hits liberally wrapped in foil. The whole foil thing has been at room temperature or lower, in a CD sleeve, which is in the CD case. I imagine theyre fine, but do you think there will be any noticeable potency loss?

Second question:
I most certainly do NOT want to just sit in my dorm room (which is nice, lots of posters and art and shit) and do nothing. However, I dont have my car this semester, so I cant drive to the river or anywhere extraordinary.

There is, however, a fucking beautiful, HUGE cemetary like a block away. I go there to smoke weed sometimes, and just sit on stones and think about life. Its a great little place. I was planning on going here to trip, at least for most of it.

I will be dosing around 4:00pm, so I will probably still be there when its dark. The only thing Im afraid of is the acid enabling me to sense the extraordinary--it seems like a benevolent place, but the dead can be rather unforgiving.

As long as I respect the sanctity of the graveyard itself, and have good vibes, I think it will be fine. What Im wondering is, have any of you ever done this at night, and can it be uneasy?

I certainly dont want to awaken my latent spiritual sense and get attacked by a fucking ghost, haha.

I guess its just a good discussion, too; ghosts and tripping.

What do you guys think?

--------------------
“It is true that my discovery of LSD was a chance discovery, but it was the outcome of planned experiments and these experiments took place in the framework of systematic pharmaceutical, chemical research. It could better be described as serendipity.”
-Albert Hofmann

Edited by FloydRose (08/21/08 07:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: FloydRose]
    #8807048 - 08/21/08 08:02 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting thing to think about. I have found myself pondering this before..

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Invisible513orangejuice
Female

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8807267 - 08/21/08 08:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i ended up in a graveyard by myself on datura at night one time, i have no idea how or why, i think i went there to puke by myself and drink out of the little water things, but i just realized that i was there all of a sudden, and all i could think as it got darker and darker was"oh crap, gotta leave, oh crap,gotta leave" so i ended up having to jump a fence on datura and this one chick saw me who i know and wanted me to come inside cuz i looked all pale and i did for like 2 seconds and was just like"i gotta go puke" but then i dont remember what happened, i dont remember seeing anybody dead cuz all the people i saw that weren't there were all my friends ... but a couple cars did drive by me when i was sleeping under a bush, lol

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

America is a rapist.

Offlinemutablemass
Stranger
Male

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8807281 - 08/21/08 08:36 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Me and a friend of mine were talking about takin some acid while at this cemetary we smoke at sometimes. I think it would be pretty awesome.. I hope we wouldnt be disturbing the dead.

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Mutable One

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

#8807357 - 08/21/08 08:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I have always pondered this. I think when you take acid you can sense things more. Like especially vibes from people whether they are negative or positive. I don't know if it works with the spirit world. I would imagine it would be quite an intense inner journey. You would have to be a focused individual to keep it together. I could see possibly freaking out maybe on a high dose. Especially being alone. Maybe take an ipod with you to help you on the way up. :lsd:

edit: the hits should be fine as long as you have kept them outta sunlight. Especially if they are as good as you say they are.

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Edited by Seeker_22 (08/21/08 09:48 PM)

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: mutablemass]
    #8807391 - 08/21/08 08:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping in a cemetery could be awesome. I guess it depends on the attitude you have towards death, but if you're like me (and seeing as that you're even considering it, you probably are), you could be setting the stage for a really beautiful trip. I'm sending positive vibes in your direction :smile:

As for your preservation question, you should be fine... I used to keep a ten-strip in my wallet, and didn't notice a loss in potency.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Offlinecynick420
stranger danger!
Male User Gallery

Loc: earth i think?
Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: Seeker_22]
    #8807410 - 08/21/08 09:02 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

they are fine if you kept them how you said you did. as long as that cd case isnt behind the stove or the refrigerator. and dont buy into that shit about having to keep it in the freezer because its bullshit. they will preserve just as well in a cool drawer or in a book as long as your house isnt sweltering all the time. the freezer is a very hostile place for acid...a friend of mines freezer unfroze and something melted on his acid and ruined it.

graveyard would be trippy as fuck to trip in, just dont get arrested. young people acting strange in a cemetery screams somethings up. good luck man! good vibes!

--------------------

OfflineFloydRose
Weilii eyed
Male

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: cynick420]
    #8807640 - 08/21/08 09:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Cool, appreciate all the feedback.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be a fantastic experience. Besides, if I feel uncomfortable, I can always leave. But acid is no toy, I'll have to be extra careful.

I'll be sure to post a trip report, because I'm sure this will be pretty epic  :omgawesome:

--------------------
“It is true that my discovery of LSD was a chance discovery, but it was the outcome of planned experiments and these experiments took place in the framework of systematic pharmaceutical, chemical research. It could better be described as serendipity.”
-Albert Hofmann

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8807671 - 08/21/08 09:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

513orangejuice said: i ended up in a graveyard by myself on datura at night one time

BADASS.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: deCypher]
    #8808070 - 08/21/08 10:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard Cedric and Omar from 'The Mars Volta' used to trip in cemetery's allot.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: polantis]
    #8808096 - 08/21/08 11:04 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
I've heard Cedric and Omar from 'The Mars Volta' used to trip in cemetery's allot.

as have i, or atleast up until all that crazy shit happened before the newest album...

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: polantis]
    #8808120 - 08/21/08 11:07 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

if youre a believer of spirits be aware that there may be good and bad spirits in a cemetary. if an individual died a terrible death their spirit may not be very happy, or if someone was say murdered. just keep an open mind and be there in peace with non-hostile intentions... that is, if you believe in spirits and such.

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

OfflineFloydRose
Weilii eyed
Male

Re: Tripping in a cemetary (also: LSD preservation question) [Re: Platinum]
    #8808230 - 08/21/08 11:25 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in ghosts, but that's because I've never seen one.

If I saw and felt a real ghost, I would DEFINITELY change my mind.

In fact, I would probably pull a Scooby Doo and kick up a huge dust cloud, while making a hilarious noise, and then speed off. Hopefully Freddie and the gang will be conveniently waiting on the street in the Mystery Van, ready to scramble :laugh:

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

Invisible513orangejuice
Female

#8808365 - 08/21/08 11:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

In fact, I would probably pull a Scooby Doo and kick up a huge dust cloud, while making a hilarious noise, and then speed off. Hopefully Freddie and the gang will be conveniently waiting on the street in the Mystery Van, ready to scramble 

lol lol thats why your sposed ta stay in the van and eat acid

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

America is a rapist.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience