Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Storing Hpoo methods
    #8806402 - 08/21/08 05:44 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Basically I've got a lot of Hpoo I want to store for the winter it'll probibly be a gap of 6-8 months with no bulk poo so stalking up might be important. I want to know if anyone has any ideas on how to prepare for the winter.

RR has recommended storing in a breathable container as I understand (burlap sack was his words). Would a thin bed sheet work for this? Any other ideas?

People recommend sun drying, but my backyard is quite visible so I'd like to avoid doing anything so overt in my back yard. Suggestions?

Additionally I'd like to ask about some I currently have. I left it in buckets and a grayish fuzz has begun to appear on it, can I still pasteurize and use it in a sub? My spawn ratio is about 1:4.5ish so colonization time should be quick.

"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (08/21/08 07:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The Chemist

Loc: Temple
Re: Storing Hpoo methods [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8806461 - 08/21/08 06:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The grayish fuxx is mold and I wouldnt use it but if you sterilize it might completely kill all spores and fungus. I store my poo kinda weird, I pasteurize in a burlap sack, then I hang the sack outside in the sun until the bag is dry the poo does not have to be, then because leaving the bag outside could have gotten contams on it I flame the entire bag with a blow torch. Then I just hang them up in my shed which stays around 45 all year round which prohibits growth of any kind.

You will be missed

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation