Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Rye Grain, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineIncompl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Carolina
My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time
    #8805614 - 08/21/08 02:54 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I told him he should start with a 1/8 or half an eighth and see how it made him feel.. then take more but he said he wanted to take 1/4 for his first time because his brother did it.  I told him it was going to fuck him up and to start small... Will he be okay or should I be adamant?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Incompl]
    #8805622 - 08/21/08 02:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Let him see god I guess.

Either he will never do them again, or be completely fascinated.

Just keep an eye on him and he should be fine.

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I make music with my computer,  Click here for my Newest project ...Click here for my previous project Old project:www.myspace.com/psychoactivesynth

OfflineProtoman
Lost
Male

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Psy Baba]
    #8805653 - 08/21/08 03:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If he insist on doing such an amount for his first time, I would say the best thing to do would just to be in an awesome environment so he is completely astounded, if words could even describe. Just an outside setting away from the city and with close friends so everything is copacetic. Other than that there really shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless the person is unstable mentally, well then he shouldn't be doing anything at all.

--------------------
"Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less. One is always living a little more or dying a little bit." -Norman Mailer

OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Protoman]
    #8805664 - 08/21/08 03:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

tell him good luck.

if you already tried to talk him out of it then thats all you can really do.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Protoman]
    #8805665 - 08/21/08 03:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a person who could benefit from losing their ego. Go for it, if he has a bad trip he can only blame himself.

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Psy Baba]
    #8805668 - 08/21/08 03:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Honestly, I would urge him to start at a smaller amount of either an eighth or even half that much if he has no experience whatsoever with psychedelics. In my experience and observation, first time psychedelic experiences are usually a lot more intense/potentially traumatic as they encompass an entirely new realm of physical and emotional ( and depending on your outlook, spiritual) experience. There is all of the time in the world to find a level of personal comfort regarding dose, but it is good to gauge yourself initially with a smaller amount to avoid a negative impression of the psychedelic experience. Better that his first time not be a complete ego shaterring experience and he tries it again sometime in the near future than to be completely turned off for good due to poor planning and bravado...
my two cents...

OfflineAMDM
Male

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: GreenGoat]
    #8805765 - 08/21/08 03:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I think that you should just let him go for it.
I mean he will love it or hate it.
In the end it'll be his fault

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: AMDM]
    #8805850 - 08/21/08 03:35 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Tell him not to be an idiot.

Would he drink a 40 of rye the first time he drank? I sure hope not.

A 1/4 of mushrooms can be very hard on the body, and the stomach.

Not to mention the virgin mind that will probably try to fight it and freak out.

Tell him to use his head, he can start with a low dose to see if he is even going to enjoy the experience. Many people DONT.

If his brother sucks cock would he too?:smirk:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: sandman_130]
    #8806241 - 08/21/08 04:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You know what, do your best to convince him otherwise. If he insists, there's really nothing you can do but help him be in the best environment possible. Just make sure he can do what he needs to do... lmusic to listen to, a place to throwup, or a corner so he can just lay there curled up in a ball in a room rocking back and forth shaking and crying...

make sure he has access to these 3 things lol.

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Platinum]
    #8806304 - 08/21/08 05:14 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

A quarter of my shrooms would kill you. Friend of mine ate 1.8 and never tripped so hard, he even through up and said that made the trip stronger. 8 hours seems like a week in lego land or something.

--------------------

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: Incompl]
    #8806572 - 08/21/08 06:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Why would you tell him not to do something that he wants to do?  I'm assuming your friend is an adult and can make up his own mind.  What's the worst that could happen by eating a 1/4?

Offlinethatsstupid
ShroomAddicts
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin TX
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: krypto2000]
    #8806583 - 08/21/08 06:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Sounds like a person who could benefit from losing their ego. Go for it, if he has a bad trip he can only blame himself.

exactly what i was going to say:thumbup: :grin::mushroom2::thumbdown:

--------------------
"It's not enough. I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."-Tool-
"And who are you and how can I try? Here inside I like metal Don't you?"- Nine Inch Nails
GOD IS DEAD!! AND NOOO ONEE CARES! IF THERE IS A HELL! I'LL SEEEE YOUUU THERE!!

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8806595 - 08/21/08 06:36 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i think more people need that southern florida boy mentality.  i've always went to a field and picked and eaten as many mushrooms as i physically could.  my first trip had to be at least 120 wet grams, at least.  now that i know what mushrooms actually weigh, looking back on the sheer amount of cubes i ate my first few times is astonishing.  it skips all the bullshit, thats for sure. 

up until the age of 19 (i'm 22 now) i had never even owned a scale and had tripped between 80 and 100 times.  since then i've only tripped maybe 10 times, but out of those 80-100 times, i could probably count on one hand how many times i ate less than 7ish dried grams.

i guess its a totally different experience when you dive right in and don't fuck around with half eighths and shit

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: zSDMF]
    #8806673 - 08/21/08 06:51 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

zSDMF- Same here.  I never weighed anything out until I learned that people did that, then I just did it to find out how much I'd been taking.  It was around 100 grams wet cubenis.  SO I quadrupled that and got really fucked up.

OfflineMorhas
Stranger

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: zSDMF]
    #8806713 - 08/21/08 07:00 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Obviously it will really vary on potency and tolerance, but he really should start with a smaller dose and work his way up. Even if the first dose is to just analyze the potency of the shrooms. I've seen me friend have a horrible experience that he doesn't remember on a dose like that. He had no control over his actions at the time and doesn't even remember what happened. While this is uncommon, it should be accounted for.

I started with a small dose (about 1.5g) and had a good time. My second time I dosed 3.5g, but it was a totally different experience (very different shrooms too).The first hour was awesome until someone asked what time it was. That question didn't sit too well.

If he's going to do it make sure he knows what he's in for.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8806872 - 08/21/08 07:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

silly_sigh_ben said:
zSDMF- Same here.  I never weighed anything out until I learned that people did that, then I just did it to find out how much I'd been taking.  It was around 100 grams wet cubenis.  SO I quadrupled that and got really fucked up.

I'm very skeptical. 400g wet is a fuckload of mushrooms to eat. Disregarding even that it's a drug, that's a fucking meal man.

OfflineFictionalPersona
Stranger
Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: krypto2000]
    #8806925 - 08/21/08 07:38 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

silly_sigh_ben said:

I'm very skeptical. 400g wet is a fuckload of mushrooms to eat. Disregarding even that it's a drug, that's a fucking meal man.

LOL fucking chowing down with a bowl and fork.

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: FictionalPersona]
    #8806997 - 08/21/08 07:51 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Actually it was 420 grams.  I made it into tea doing a triple boil and strain.  How much I actually got out of the shrooms I guess is speculation.  But it really doesn't matter as the trip was about all I could take.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: My friend said he was going to eat a 1/4 of shrooms for his first time [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8807019 - 08/21/08 07:56 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Did you throw up? I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

#8807055 - 08/21/08 08:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

after a couple of hours I barfed huge.  I'll try to find my trip report and post it.  It was posted in the shroomery at one time but I had to delete it for personal reasons.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Rye Grain, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience