Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybe
MUSHMUSHROOM!!
Male
Loc: The Netherlands
Attempt at growing Azurescens outside
    #8805524 - 08/21/08 02:35 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all,

I've started an Azure patch outside since a month or 2 back, I know was a little too late, but I had some trouble ordering the spore syringe and mushbag as things were in and out of stock all the time at Azarius.net, a Dutch online smart/headshop.

The mushbag is basically just a bag of sterilized rye, with a rubber thing on it where you can inject the spores.

So, about 2 months after I originally wanted to start everything was ready, the mycelicum had grown through all the rye, and I went to prepare the bed, after soaking a bag of beech woodchips for 24hrs:

As you can see the rye was pretty much completely covered with mycelicum.

I had a sort of manual, but it didn't say how big the chunks had to be, so I just spread it out not too thin :smile:

Another layer woodchips on top, and it should be ready to go.

Done; covered with blue trash bag.

I left it undisturbed for a while, only opened to water it when it was pretty dry and hot outside.
Then about a week or 2 ago I saw some white mycelicum threads forming between the woodchips, so I thought it was going all good, but on monday I opened it up again to discover this:

Some places in the bed were getting a nasty dark color, with a few green bits around. It didn't smell too fresh either.
There were also a few of these little fellas appearing:

I think they are little ink mushrooms.
As you can see there are also a few withered ones behind the pinheads, so it was probably going on for a little while already..

What do I have to do about this? do I just let it go and hope for the best or would I have to take the black bits out? Something else?

I'm quite a noob at growing mushrooms, so please enlighten me with some advice :smile: I would really hate to see my azure patch die on me already..

Thanks in advance, I'll keep this thread updated  :bigblunt:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAlabama Slim

Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside *DELETED* [Re: Psilocybe]
    #8805908 - 08/21/08 03:45 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8805938 - 08/21/08 03:53 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

wouldnt a light layer of topsoil been a good idea? i know little about outdoors but seems logical.

--------------------
grind

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: seven]
    #8806182 - 08/21/08 04:48 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Cover with cardboard, if anything.  A tarp will stimulate molds.  Those are some sort of coprinus, but that doesn't mean azures won't fruit there later. I often see several species fruiting near each other. Put a very thin layer of soil over it and keep slightly moist.  If it's in the sun, you can cover the whole thing with a thin layer of leaves.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePsilocybe
MUSHMUSHROOM!!
Male
Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8809803 - 08/22/08 09:23 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the answers :smile:

The bed is out of the sun most of the day, only in the afternoon a little bit of it gets maybe 1 or 2 hours of sun.. if the sun shines at all..

Anyways, I'll put some cardboard on it tomorrow, I hope everything turns out allright :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation