Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Amazon Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybe
MUSHMUSHROOM!!
Male
Loc: The Netherlands
Attempt at growing Azurescens outside
    #8805524 - 08/21/08 02:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hi all,

I've started an Azure patch outside since a month or 2 back, I know was a little too late, but I had some trouble ordering the spore syringe and mushbag as things were in and out of stock all the time at Azarius.net, a Dutch online smart/headshop.

The mushbag is basically just a bag of sterilized rye, with a rubber thing on it where you can inject the spores.

So, about 2 months after I originally wanted to start everything was ready, the mycelicum had grown through all the rye, and I went to prepare the bed, after soaking a bag of beech woodchips for 24hrs:

As you can see the rye was pretty much completely covered with mycelicum.

I had a sort of manual, but it didn't say how big the chunks had to be, so I just spread it out not too thin :smile:

Another layer woodchips on top, and it should be ready to go.

Done; covered with blue trash bag.

I left it undisturbed for a while, only opened to water it when it was pretty dry and hot outside.
Then about a week or 2 ago I saw some white mycelicum threads forming between the woodchips, so I thought it was going all good, but on monday I opened it up again to discover this:

Some places in the bed were getting a nasty dark color, with a few green bits around. It didn't smell too fresh either.
There were also a few of these little fellas appearing:

I think they are little ink mushrooms.
As you can see there are also a few withered ones behind the pinheads, so it was probably going on for a little while already..

What do I have to do about this? do I just let it go and hope for the best or would I have to take the black bits out? Something else?

I'm quite a noob at growing mushrooms, so please enlighten me with some advice :smile: I would really hate to see my azure patch die on me already..

Thanks in advance, I'll keep this thread updated  :bigblunt:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAlabama Slim

Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside *DELETED* [Re: Psilocybe]
    #8805908 - 08/21/08 03:45 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8805938 - 08/21/08 03:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

wouldnt a light layer of topsoil been a good idea? i know little about outdoors but seems logical.

--------------------
grind

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: seven]
    #8806182 - 08/21/08 04:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Cover with cardboard, if anything.  A tarp will stimulate molds.  Those are some sort of coprinus, but that doesn't mean azures won't fruit there later. I often see several species fruiting near each other. Put a very thin layer of soil over it and keep slightly moist.  If it's in the sun, you can cover the whole thing with a thin layer of leaves.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePsilocybe
MUSHMUSHROOM!!
Male
Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Attempt at growing Azurescens outside [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8809803 - 08/22/08 09:23 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the answers :smile:

The bed is out of the sun most of the day, only in the afternoon a little bit of it gets maybe 1 or 2 hours of sun.. if the sun shines at all..

Anyways, I'll put some cardboard on it tomorrow, I hope everything turns out allright :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar   Amazon Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation