Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: skunkape]
    #8805556 - 08/21/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:werd:

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: rick0909]
    #8805640 - 08/21/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

rick0909 said:
Quote:

skunkape said:
On a different note, I want to see Anderson Silva get beat... 

Couldn't agree more with this statement.  I think he is a great fighter but he's overdue for an ass-whoopin'.  Silva/Griffin would be an awesome fight.

silva would own griffin.  i like griffin, don't get me wrong, but silva is a beast in the MMA sport.  i don't see him being beat for a while, and def. not by forrest griffin, rampage a higher possibility of beating him, but liddell and griffin, i just don't see them beating him.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: anyone420]
    #8805696 - 08/21/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes this fight was from a while ago but it was a good fight.  It showed everybody that Henderson has the tools to beat Silva and what exactly those tools need to be for anybody else that wants to try. 

The only problem being is you can bring every tool in the world to a fight but if Anderson Silva connects with a good shot you're going to feel it for a while (Or not feel anything at all :lol:)

I feel Henderson would win if they fought again but it's impossible to ever bank on Silva losing. 

I feel what the UFC is going to do is if Anderson Silva steamrolls Cote they're going to possibly let him fight Griffin for the LHW title on the same card where Penn will fight GSP for the WW title.  This provides possibly the most dynamic card in UFC history the implications of what could happen would shake shit up completely.... two people with belts in two weight classes, unheard of.

Edit: Silva is fighting Cote next not Okami

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Edited by Jadian (08/21/08 01:10 PM)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: Jadian]
    #8805714 - 08/21/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to see silva lose aswell.. and i think either griffin or a really good submission fighter.  i thought i saw a hint of panic in silva on the ground first round

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8805735 - 08/21/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Griffin's only real chance of beating Silva is to wear him into the 4th or 5th round and then possibly slip a choke or get a TKO but I reaaaaaally don't see that happening.  I think that's why they'd want to set up the match for Silva ASAP, because this is a champ he on paper should easily beat. 

And I'm pretty sure when you earn your black belt from the Noguiera brothers you aren't going to be scared by any submission fighter your own size.  Those are two of the best in the world, and they're both bigger than Silva.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8805747 - 08/21/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hes gotta have a weakness!!!!

and i don't think its his striking ability.. lol

--------------------

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

#8805820 - 08/21/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Henderson could have possibly had him, but it looked like his conditioning was no where near where it should have been. He didnt really get rocked by silva or anything he was just gassed.

I think a physically strong jujitsu/wrestler could ground and pound on Silva all match long.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8805821 - 08/21/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Henderson showed it in their first round, you have to be able to get inside Silva's excellent striking range, and you have to be able to hold him down on the ground.  The problem is unless you lay down some heavy ground and pound you have to do that for 5 rounds, and Silva is not an easy guy to get grounded.

Or of course you could just do a scissor takedown into a heel-hook. :smirk:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: skunkape]
    #8805854 - 08/21/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

skunkape said:
Henderson could have possibly had him, but it looked like his conditioning was no where near where it should have been. He didnt really get rocked by silva or anything he was just gassed.

I think a physically strong jujitsu/wrestler could ground and pound on Silva all match long.

silvas conditioning is extremely intense.  i don't think even a 5th round decision would go to anyone other than silva.  i would be more scared of silva on the ground than standing up, his striking is excellent, but he is extremely fast on the ground as well, thats why henderson couldn't take him.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: smokeybear]
    #8805867 - 08/21/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

smokeybear said:
Quote:

rick0909 said:
Quote:

skunkape said:

Couldn't agree more with this statement.  I think he is a great fighter but he's overdue for an ass-whoopin'.  Silva/Griffin would be an awesome fight.

silva would own griffin.  i like griffin, don't get me wrong, but silva is a beast in the MMA sport.  i don't see him being beat for a while, and def. not by forrest griffin, rampage a higher possibility of beating him, but liddell and griffin, i just don't see them beating him.

are you retarded? seriously? Did you not watch UFC 86? Griffin vs Rampage? :banghead:

know what youre talking about before you start talking...

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: silva vs henderson UFC bout [Re: Platinum]
    #8805895 - 08/21/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah Forrest has improved his game a lot.  I think he would have a better chance than most who have fought Silva.  I don't think Silva's ground game is as great as everyone believes.  I saw the worry in his eyes against Henderson and even Travis Lutter.  Travis got the full mount and was on his way to pounding Silva out when he went for the sloppiest armbar in MMA history and blew it.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8805995 - 08/21/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Platinum said:
Quote:

smokeybear said:
Quote:

rick0909 said:
Quote:

skunkape said:

are you retarded? seriously? Did you not watch UFC 86? Griffin vs Rampage? :banghead:

:lol:  Glass houses man...

Rampage vs Griffin was a pretty lousy showing for Rampage and in general a rather lackluster fight.  Comparing Rampage's performance to a prediction for Silva's performance in a possible matchup to Griffin is apples to oranges. 

If you think Griffin can take out Anderson Silva's lead leg like he did against Rampage by beating him to the punch you CLEARLY have no idea about the two athletes you're talking about.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8806006 - 08/21/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i think it would be a really good fight.  can't say much more than that

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #8806160 - 08/21/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jadian said:
Quote:

Platinum said:
Quote:

smokeybear said:
Quote:

rick0909 said:

:lol:  Glass houses man...

Rampage vs Griffin was a pretty lousy showing for Rampage and in general a rather lackluster fight.  Comparing Rampage's performance to a prediction for Silva's performance in a possible matchup to Griffin is apples to oranges. 

If you think Griffin can take out Anderson Silva's lead leg like he did against Rampage by beating him to the punch you CLEARLY have no idea about the two athletes you're talking about.

Didn't say Griffin could take Silva. I don't know either, that would be an interesting fight though. What my point was is what he was saying about how rampage could take him, but not griffin, meanwhile griffin beat rampage...

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8806208 - 08/21/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

In all actually I would give Rampage a better chance against Silva than I'd give to Griffin.  (Pre Rampage going psycho after losing his belt anyway, we'll see how that ends up.)

Griffin beat Rampage by beating him to the punch and taking out his lead leg.  This left Rampage unable to close distance fast or plant and rotate for a hook.  Basically this meant Rampage was left with a single weapon, a stationary right hand which Forest was obviously too smart to walk into.

Against Silva Griffin would lose all advantages he held to Rampage.  He's no longer quicker, no longer has better kicks, no longer is the more varied striker. 

Whereas Rampage's advantages over Silva would be his wrestling and his power.  I would still favor Silva because we all know Rampage has a huge weakness to knees in the clinch but Rampage has a better chance of being able to absorb Silva's punishment to get inside for a hard hook or for a takedown/slam that could lead to the end.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale