Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheredone
well known
Male User Gallery

Loc: east coast
environment controllers
    #8804430 - 08/21/08 10:10 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Ive been looking around on this site and seen a few things that can control the environment in a terrarium. thought i would start a forum dedicated to products that can do this. i just found this the other day                                                                          Precision electronic control for all environmental variables. Outlets for lighting irrigation ventilation and CO2. High accuracy sensors for temperature humidity and flood. Optional Photocell (light) and CO2 sensors available. Sensors have flexible 10 ft. cables (25 ft. total with optional extensions). This allows the Plant Pro™ to be located for easy monitoring and adjustment even outside the grow room if desired. The Plant Pro™ unique simplified operation allows for easy quick setup using only two control knobs and a large digital display. One knob to select a setting a display to show the setting and a second knob to change the setting. Measurements from sensors can also be displayed. Easy to use digital clock provides exact timing. CO2 control includes timed or optional CO2 sensor. Adjustable fan CO2 delay allows extra time for CO2 absorption by plants before ventilation fan comes on.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: environment controllers [Re: theredone]
    #8805310 - 08/21/08 01:38 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Buy one for me, ship it here and I'll let you know know how it works. :wink:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: environment controllers [Re: MycoAu]
    #8806236 - 08/21/08 04:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I would imagine a product made for weed would be set up the opposite of what you'd want for mushrooms.  In addition, I've used a LOT of various humidity transducers, and none of them can withstand a heavy spore release, which ends up happening to every grower when he's gone to work when the fruits decide to drop their spores.

Simple timers have proved to work well, once you tweak them in to your conditions.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: environment controllers [Re: MycoAu]
    #8806237 - 08/21/08 04:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I would imagine a product made for weed would be set up the opposite of what you'd want for mushrooms.  In addition, I've used a LOT of various humidity transducers, and none of them can withstand a heavy spore releas

Offlinetheredone
well known
Male User Gallery

#8807689 - 08/21/08 09:49 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

does anyone else know of something better for that price i mean i don't think this is being sold for marijuana cultivation anyway although it is set up for plants so co2 reg is prob useless. although i don't think this is a prob with a cool air humidification system were air is being pumped in all the time to keep humidification.

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8807908 - 08/21/08 10:29 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Just go to a thrift store or some cheaper mainstream store and find a adjustable timer.  Plug each of your different pieces of equipment into one with the timing worked out specifically for that equipment and conditions for that species of mushroom.  (Try to stick to one species per area you're trying to control.)

I found some cheap timers that operate my humidifier on a off-on schedule that works for me.  The timers were only about $3-4 each.

Offlinetheredone
well known
Male User Gallery

#8807997 - 08/21/08 10:47 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

timers are alright but don't work in all cases like for example say your house was colder than normal for a couple weeks the colder air would produce higher humidities and can cause many probs with in an ecosystem. this one is set to go off at a set variable such as temp or humidity. you can adjust these to your liking

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8808642 - 08/22/08 12:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

That's when you tweak your timer.  Keep it simple.  Fp has a humidistat that they claim will work, but it's $300.  That's why I stick with timers.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblelipa
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: environment controllers [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8808651 - 08/22/08 12:44 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I've used a LOT of various humidity transducers, and none of them can withstand a heavy spore release, which ends up happening to every grower when he's gone to work when the fruits decide to drop their spores.

Roger did you ever try wrapping the transducers in tyvek? I heard you say something about that a few months ago. Did it work?

Offlinetheredone
well known
Male User Gallery

Re: environment controllers [Re: lipa]
    #8808827 - 08/22/08 01:34 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

what I'm looking for here is products to help control the environment not debate overcomplexity part of the fun for me is to have complete control so that i can experiment further

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8810178 - 08/22/08 11:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Roger did you ever try wrapping the transducers in tyvek? I heard you say something about that a few months ago. Did it work?

Yes, the tyvek became saturated and threw off the accuracy of the transducer.  By tweaking the timer a few times each season as the weather changes, I keep my mini-greenhouse within 2% of the same humidity, which is fine for our little friends.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: environment controllers [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8811066 - 08/22/08 02:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Or, as cheap as the timers are, you could use one year to determine the changes normally experienced in your setup and keep a set of timers specifically set for each season or change in the environment.  Then, all you need to do is change out your timer at the beginning of each season or at a predetermined time.

Then again, simplicity is best.  Minor editing to your timer's schedule doesn't take long and is very effective.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology