Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: speeding ticket [Re: anyone420]
    #8804642 - 08/21/08 09:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I got speeding tickets from Cops who were not stationary before it happens all the time. I never heard of a state that says cops must be stationary in order to give tickets. That is a new one to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: speeding ticket [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #8804661 - 08/21/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

And going too slowly has cause more deaths than speeding. Driving is insanely dangerous either way.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: speeding ticket [Re: robbyberto]
    #8804787 - 08/21/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

that much is true

operating a car is operating a deadly weapon

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
    #8804853 - 08/21/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
And going too slowly has cause more deaths than speeding. Driving is insanely dangerous either way.

driving too slow is dangerous but wheres your facts to back that one up?

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8804868 - 08/21/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

oh please

dude the second you find something you cant argue with you just say 'fuck you' and leave

why would anyone try to discuss speeding tickets with someone whos mind is already made up

:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: speeding ticket [Re: aful]
    #8804900 - 08/21/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If it's in a metropolitan area just hire a traffic lawyer.  They usually cost around $50 and the ticket usually gets thrown out or atleast some kind of 30-60 day probation.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#8804946 - 08/21/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have no evidence, but it makes clear sense that driving at any speed very different from the normal flow of traffic makes an already dangerous activity much more so.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#8804953 - 08/21/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Evidence can be found in this photograph:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8805344 - 08/21/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty sure that cops can give out tickets for reckless endangerment when you're speeding even if they don't have a radar gun or are going the opposite direction.  It's in the eyes of the cop's judgment if you're being a hazard to people on the road.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8805393 - 08/21/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Speeding causes accidents because YOU, the speeder, are going faster than the flow and become an unpredictable variable in an already complicated equation.

It is a selfish, asshole act and I personally think cronic speeders should have their licences revoked. Same for assholes who refuse to signal.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: speeding ticket [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #8805432 - 08/21/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I say everyone should drive as fast and as reckless as they want all the time and the survivors get to keep driving.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: speeding ticket [Re: Jadian]
    #8805474 - 08/21/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jadian said:
I say everyone should drive as fast and as reckless as they want all the time and the survivors get to keep driving.

QFT.  You might have been sarcastic, but in some ways I think a libertarian approach to the whole thing might be beneficial.  Don't charge people for violating traffic regulations; instead, penalize them for getting into accidents and hurting/killing people.  Idealistically, it should be up to the individual to use wise judgment and decide what activities might harm others.  This way I won't have to get pulled over and issued a whopping fine just because I did a California roll at a stop sign when there were no cars anywhere within 5 miles.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8805514 - 08/21/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Speeding causes accidents because YOU, the speeder, are going faster than the flow and become an unpredictable variable in an already complicated equation.

It is a selfish, asshole act and I personally think cronic speeders should have their licences revoked. Same for assholes who refuse to signal.

:yesnod:

Going more than 5 mph or 10% over the speed limit is irresponsible, except on straight roads with little traffic.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: speeding ticket [Re: deCypher]
    #8805516 - 08/21/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Don't charge people for violating traffic regulations; instead, penalize them for getting into accidents and hurting/killing people.

Problem:  this means that someone else is "penalized" first.  Once a reckless driver has caused an accident, damaging property and harming others, it is too late to prevent the negative consequences experienced by others.  Whereas pulling someone over who is speeding, cutting in and out of lanes, not signalling turns, driving through stop signs, and so on, may prevent harm to others.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8805520 - 08/21/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

like forks cause obesity ?

need legislation there too ?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8805534 - 08/21/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

I just took you off ignore this morning, now I remember why I put you there in the first place.  I stand by my 5 shroom rating of you, but the noise too often beat out the signal.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #8805539 - 08/21/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah why do people believe they have the right to be perfectly safe and protected inside two tons of steel moving multiple times faster than humans are supposed to move.

Fuck that, if you're gonna play with fire don't be afraid to get burned.  Should be survival of the fittest and the bold on the road!

Too afraid to take responsibility for your own safety while driving? Walk!

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: speeding ticket [Re: Veritas]
    #8805555 - 08/21/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, the death toll would definitely increase if you implemented a libertarian policy.  But the problem with pre-emptive actions, like the ones you're suggesting, is that there are no set principles for where you draw the line.

If we can penalize people for speeding, even if they haven't committed harm or injury to anyone else, it seems like we're penalizing them for the mere possibility of performing a harmful action.

What's then to stop us from, say, taking away the driver's license of someone who buys a fancy Corvette with a decked-out engine?  After all, it's not like they bought it to stay within 5 mph of the speed limit... and if we're intent on pre-emptively aborting the "negative consequences experienced by others," then why shouldn't we outlaw sports cars and racing bikes?  Or what about a situation like that in Minority Report? (Which is a stretch, but bear with me in this hypothetical gedankenexperiment.)  In fifty to a hundred years, we're going to have very good predictive abilities for assessing group human psychology, and if we can "know" with a great deal of certainty that a particular individual has a predisposition towards impulsive behavior on the road and reckless driving, should we not restricting his driving privileges for the future safety of others?

Penalizing for harm done, not the possibility of future harm, seems overtly more logical to me.  Sure, it would definitely raise the accident and mortality rate, but I would prefer to live in a country that has marginally more dangerous roads than a country where the government slaps you in jail for an action you haven't committed yet.

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8805591 - 08/21/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
like forks cause obesity ?

need legislation there too ?

What does that have to do with anything?

It's easy... If you want to drive fast, go to a fucking race track. If I want to shoot guns, I go to a range.

If I setup a rifle target range in your backyard, directly putting your family in danger (saved only by my personal accuracy and skill with a rifle), would you find that acceptable?

Or would it make you nervous that your personal safety and well being are now threatened by me?

When you speed, you put ME at risk and leave me to depend on the skill you THINK you have. Which is probably ZERO.POINT.ZERO.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: speeding ticket [Re: deCypher]
    #8805604 - 08/21/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the problem with the non libertarian way of thinking

is you make everyone a slave to one incompetent centralized bureaucratic body who is willing to come take your house, your family, and put you in a cage if you don't pay them.  You defend yourself, and you get a swat team in your yard all in the name of justice. 

pay for whatever government you want, just don't tread on me

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order