Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrboston
Stranger

Bulk using grain?
    #8804344 - 08/21/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate everyones help from my last post and have done tons of reading up and im up to date alot more now. Ive been putting in every diffrent array of phrases in the search engine to find out this question and all I come up with is "it verys and no one can give an amount" which is messed up. Im sure several people have done these grain reports so someone has to know if they live up to their "to good to be true" claims.
*In the "bulk neglect report" he states he gets 8oz dried weight for up to 3 flushes. From what I read thats almost impossible when looking at the containers and amounts he used. Then I read the "from spores to syringe tec" or somthing along those lines and he states he get 6oz dried weight per from the same size containers that the bulk neglect claimed to get 8oz per from but that just sounds to good to be true.

?So is it possible (Im not saying guaranteed) for the average well seasoned grower to follow the steps in these reports and get the results that they state or is that 1 in a million that youll do that good like the best of the best odds? Im just trying to figure out if someone used a decent strain and followed that tec is that the normal expected outcome or am I waisting my time expecting harvests like that?

Also. I wanted to use grain bags but was curious as to which got cultured in myc quicker the 1qts or the bags? The bags seem easier unless they take forever to get done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Bulk using grain? [Re: mrboston]
    #8804406 - 08/21/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

its true noone can predict the results of a multispore grow. because you have no idea if the ending dominant substrains will be prolific fruiters. your answer lies in "strain isolation" its a method of isolating substrains and fruiting them to see which is a good fruiter or has potensy. you isolate five or so substrains and fruit the to see which culture is worth keeping. once you have a good isolate, you can grow this culture for every grow for consistant results. like full flushes,potency. ect.

--------------------
grind

OfflineDreadlox
Stranger
Re: Bulk using grain? [Re: seven]
    #8804559 - 08/21/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Seven said it. Isolation of a strain helps a great deal. But again, even predicting results of a isolate is not the way to go.
I personally have had great success with multi-spore usage from day one, but I have never had the yeild that a isolate produces.

Also consider this:

Every mushroom grow is different.
Environment conditions.
The mushroom substrate.

I have seen a isolate grown on coir and worm casing with huge success, and when I changed medium to hpoo, its yield was less with the same environment conditions.

This part of mycology that your referring to comes down to the science and what works for you.

I make moves like this:

If I isolate a strain from %100 hpoo then that strain will always be used on %100 Hpoo and with the same e-conditions.
The mushy I picked to isolate was for a reason. I can't go changing things on it if I want it to do its chosen best.

Giving you an idea on this...I hope gives you more of an idea on how these go about. It takes some work but not a lot.

I can predict what I get to out of my batches by within 2-5 pounds, using my methods. I don't do magic mushies so my goal of wet weight/mushrooms is what I go for.

Your mileage will very always!

OfflineDreadlox
Stranger
Re: Bulk using grain? [Re: Dreadlox]
    #8804568 - 08/21/08 08:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I personally used bags but cost comes a factor and they are slower.

I don't think jars are easier the first time preparing them for their usage, but when you invested the time to prep them. They will save money and also be quicker.

My 2 cents.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulk using grain? [Re: Dreadlox]
    #8804973 - 08/21/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It's very easy to get quarter pound flushes and end up with a half pound by the time the tub is done.

My first time using poo, My substrate was about 2 gallons in volume and I got 3oz off the first flush. Ended up with a half pound by the end of it.

And even if you don't do that well... a crappy flush from a bulk grow is at least an oz or so. You really can't go wrong.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Bulk using grain? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8805192 - 08/21/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

dredlox, a single fruit rarely contains one substrain. you said something about "the mushy you picked to isolate"  are you cloning a nice fruit and thinking this is isolation? if so this isnt correct. if you clone to agar, you will get sectoring: ie:more than one substrain. you would then have to fruit each sector to find the substrain responcable for the characteristics"phenotypes"  you like in the fruit then you have your isolate.

--------------------
grind

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder