Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Indoor tripping: Bad for you?
    #8804220 - 08/21/08 07:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ive noticed a very clear pattern these few years Ive been taking mushrooms, whenever I eat them indoors by myself the tendancy for a bad trip is more likely. Even if I dont have a horrible time, theres that unmistakable feeling that passes by, which, with a little effort can be beaten, but it isnt very nice.

Tripping outdoors is a whole different story, I always go to a field out of the way which enables me to act at least a bit strange with a certain degree of comfort. But no dark presence raises itself when in an outdoor environment!

Ive taken to only tripping outside from now on, I feel safer with the knowledge of having a pleasant trip (which 99% of the time I do)

Does anyone have the same experiences? I wonder what causes this. I have a feeling it could be subconcious claustrophobia. I'm not claustrophobic at all.

Strange.

--------------------

Edited by Abuse (08/21/08 07:44 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: Abuse]
    #8804230 - 08/21/08 07:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

There have been a few times when I was inside and started having some pretty bad anxiety while tripping, bu never when I've been outside.  When I'm indoors sometimes even when I am sober as a judge the atmosphere in certain rooms or houses or whatever can just be all wrong, and I'll start to feel a bit of anxiety. Sometimes I think it is the lighting, and sometimes it is certain smells that I don't like, sometimes it is simply because I don't want to be in there for whatever reason.  So yes I agree to an extent with what you are saying.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

OfflinetheFlash
recluse

#8804231 - 08/21/08 07:45 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i haven't had a bad trip indoors, but i was hesitant before I tried it, since I had only tripped outdoors before.

but it's fine.  also, i never trip alone, so maybe that has something to do with it as well?  there's always a good vibe amongst my friends when we trip.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8804235 - 08/21/08 07:48 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think tripping indoors leads to a bad trip at all. it all depends on your setting and mindset. outdoor trips do tend to be better for me though, but that is only because i like the outdoors more and i love the forest and outside environment. the beauty and life outside connects and its a great time. peace.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: Locus]
    #8804241 - 08/21/08 07:53 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Prehaps it's because the people in my house don't know I'm tripping so that's always a worry.

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: theFlash]
    #8804243 - 08/21/08 07:55 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

theFlash said:
i haven't had a bad trip indoors, but i was hesitant before I tried it, since I had only tripped outdoors before.

but it's fine.  also, i never trip alone, so maybe that has something to do with it as well?  there's always a good vibe amongst my friends when we trip.

I realise that this could be a contribution but when outside I'm alone, yet still fine. I can walk past people and be totally fine too, this is what confuses me because in my eyes situations like these in comparison are worse.

--------------------

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#8804255 - 08/21/08 08:07 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Prehaps it's because the people in my house don't know I'm tripping so that's always a worry.

By people do you mean parents?  That could be a pretty big reason.  Is it a room mate that will tell on you or something?

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8804257 - 08/21/08 08:09 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

deff man... if youve got the worry of people inside getting to you that could definitely be contributing to a bad trip. anything thats unsettling to you can cause that of course. try to find a way to solve that. either take all your trips outside or do it at someone elses house or whatever you can do to make it more comfortable inside your own home :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinemaus
Hiphopapotamus
Male

Loc: Adelaide, AU
    #8804269 - 08/21/08 08:21 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I love nothing more than tripping hard whilst at home. I find that I get the best sensations of comfort and calm when I'm sitting in my room. If I'm outdoors I usually get anxious and worry about all sorts of shit.

The exception to this is the few times when friends and me have rented a caravan near the beach. A campfire and friends with a shelter right there next to me is totally awesome.

It seems like I'm the only one that feels like this with regards to tripping? Could of course just be a kind of pot-induced paranoia. Meh.

--------------------
Proud supporter of the id & ego alkaloids. Go team!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: maus]
    #8804277 - 08/21/08 08:27 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

To each their own.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: Locus]
    #8804282 - 08/21/08 08:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So where exactly is the lost island anyway Abuse?

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8804470 - 08/21/08 10:19 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ogre812 said:
Quote:

Abuse said:

By people do you mean parents?  That could be a pretty big reason.  Is it a room mate that will tell on you or something?

Yeah, but I have locks :wink: They can't enter my room otherwise.

hmmm.

--------------------

Edited by Abuse (08/21/08 10:22 AM)

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#8804478 - 08/21/08 10:20 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Abuse said:
Quote:

Ogre812 said:
Quote:

Abuse said:

Yeah, but I have locks :wink: They can't enter my room otherwise.

hmmm.

It's not on the map. :lol:

--------------------

Edited by Abuse (08/21/08 10:22 AM)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #8804483 - 08/21/08 10:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I think about 80 percent of my bad trips have happened indoors.

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8804510 - 08/21/08 10:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Man you definetely gave me something to think about Abuse.  I have only had two bad trips in my life and they both occurred indoors.  I have had many good trips indoors though.  I notice that I do have a little more anxiety while tripping indoors now that you said something. :thinker:

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: rick0909]
    #8804519 - 08/21/08 10:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

rick, I strongly advise you to take it outdoors, for me it's fantastic.

--------------------

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8804538 - 08/21/08 10:41 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Oh I have!  I have tripped outdoors dozens of times and loved every minute of it.  Now though for me to trip outdoors I have to be camping or something.  There isn't any woods or parks near me that I can spend the day at.  Wish I never moved.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: rick0909]
    #8804545 - 08/21/08 10:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

When I trip indoors I feel "trapped" and sorta like I cant really breathe. I often find myself insisting to go outside when Im with the sorts of people who trip strictly indoors.

OfflineEpyx
Timelord
Male

Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8804633 - 08/21/08 11:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I have so many indoor "tech" hobbies that I can pretty much keep myself busy indoors...with that said the great outdoors good as well. It all depends on mood...most of the time I like viewing media while tripping (video games, movies, lightsynth shows etc). Other times I like the outdoor vibe.

InvisibleAmberthefrog
Daemonic Frog of Kehjistan
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Indoor tripping: Bad for you? [Re: Epyx]
    #8804669 - 08/21/08 11:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

That was a concern for me too, but I just would trip later at night when no one's up and stay mostly in my room.

I have only tripped outside once and it was 'nicer' but that was probably down to a lower dose as much as anything.

To be honest I don't really think of any trip as 'bad', I try to go into all my trips expecting the worse. Provided I am in a safe setting I don't really mind having 'bad' trips, well ok I do whilst i'm having them - there horrid but the next day I will look back and be pleased I did it. Generally I tend have good and bad parts to all my trips I guess.

Probably off camping soon and will get the chance to trip outdoors on a much higher dose :laugh:

--------------------
"All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses. " ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience