Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

LC awesome!
    #8804052 - 08/21/08 04:35 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Been reading and reading on here.  Lots of good info from help on the forums also. 

Ecuador (failed 2x)
F+
Orissa India
Z-Strain
PESA

Some reason, the Ecuador failed twice. made another one but somereason has so much crap residue in there. No worries.  Ill just get more syringes if I need to.  I think i got a dud syringe from lilshopofspores.  Its okay!  Not everything is 100%.  Alteast I got a syringe for LC.

So I just wanted to show you guys my 4 Honey jars. These were inoculated last Monday the 11th.  So its been 10 days.  I left it out in the storage room in a box but it the temp dropped significantly because of rain.  So I guess 10 days is a little slower than usual?  I put it in my house in the cabinet on top of the fridge to get a little bit of heat.  So now they are starting to puff a bit better.  PESA seems to do great in LC. It was more aggressive than the other ones.  The F+ shows signs of the stringy mycelium instead of that puff balls like the rest.  Fun stuff Im glad I went straight to LC instead of just PF jars.

Anyway here they are and for the LC newbies like me, this is what they are supposed to look like.  Oh BTW: the marbles is a stupid Idea IMHO.  Its worthless. They dont do shit to my jars.  Next round Im going to use stiring rods and a pc fan. These jars are probably at 15-20% growth. I still have quite a few more days.

And here is my glove box.. SIMPLE!

The day after I inoculated the LC, Tuesday, I also freed up a couple of syringes for the LC, into some jars.  These two are the Z-Strain.  They grow pretty damn fast! I think i put in 2cc on these two jars.  The rest in the same box I only usd 1cc.  The box way in the back are Orissa India's, they have growth too but nothing fancy like the Orissa's.

Well anyway, thats that and here in a couple of weeks I will 50/50 verm/peat casings from the PF jars.  I will use BRF again since I still have some left with the LC.  I need to hunt down Rye Berries!!!  Getting the itch to just order the damn things. Ill even try Rye Grass seeds, but is there a certain kind??????

Enjoy!!
-Gixxer

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LC awesome! [Re: gixxer]
    #8804081 - 08/21/08 04:53 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet, keep us posted!  GL:thumbup:

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC awesome! [Re: Krez]
    #8804090 - 08/21/08 04:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks!!

BTW: on the Orissa India strain, I used 1cc per 3 jars.  Even though I did that, All of them are doing well. So if you are patient, you can inoculate plenty of jars with 1 syringe.

Offlinedrumjam
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: LC awesome! [Re: gixxer]
    #8804110 - 08/21/08 05:08 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Gixxer; Said,
Oh BTW: the marbles is a stupid Idea IMHO.  Its worthless. They dont do shit to my jars.  Next round Im going to use stiring rods and a pc fan.

drumjam said:
If you can wire a lamp you can make this.

120volt fan from radio shack, along with, rubber grommet to guard cord as it goes through the case, case, little rubber feet and bar magnets (2).

Home depot for,  extension cord, wall dimmer switch(single pole), 4, # 10-24, 2 1/2in machine screws, 4 nuts to match, 12 washers to match, 4, #10 x 5/16 x 1/2 Aluminum spacer, and home use silicone.

Also, I use a 3/16 drill bit for screws and a sheet metal drill for vent holes, this bit is conical and will cut 1/8in holes up to about 1/2in in dim.

The spacers hold the fan up off the bottom of the box.

Washers were use on both sides of the plastic box for stability, spacer on top of washer, then fan, washer, then nuts.  Lay out is the hardest part in all of this, just take your time.

Holes were drilled in bottom and sides for vents.  Dimmer was silicon-ed in, instead of screwed, only for cleaner look.

Bar magnets (2) were silicon-ed down, care needs to be taken to center them as well as one can or the thing will wiggle across the counter.

Cut the socket end off the extension cord ( make sure you haven't plugged it in already!!!!!) split the wires and strip a 1/4in, the dimmer comes with wire nuts so your set there.  Wiring is just like a light switch in you house, so if you can't do that, learn and don't die!

Test before assembly,

Just so you know, I asked for the 120volt fan, went home ,tested before assembly, and poof!! no more fan.  It was cool though.  You put a 120v through a 12v computer fan and fireworks!!

Guy just grabbed the wrong one and I didn't notice either, they replace it so no problem.

This isn't my tec just my most recent project,  I saw it here just wondering through mag sirr post.  I looked for the post for some time, all I remember is the Avatar(?) was a black guy with a big gap in his front teeth?  Anyone want to give credit to this person thanks for the info.

No you don't need one, but it sure is fun building this stuff!  GL.

Edited by drumjam (08/21/08 04:45 PM)

Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC awesome! [Re: drumjam]
    #8804147 - 08/21/08 05:42 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

drumjam, thanks!, I read that thread, and it's pretty darn cool.  The jars, PC, and syringes just happen to be here all at once so I just did the LC technique with the marble.  Shoulda put broken glass in there but oh well.  But now I will have time to think about the stiring magnet.  Yay more $$$ to spend!..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation