Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks
    #8796360 - 08/19/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

We all know there were no terrorist in Iraq back in 2001, but not only does Mccain think that there is, but he thinks they are mailing anthrax spores to americans LOL
Bruce Edwards Ivins an american was the one mailing those letters, who at the beginning of this month ODed on tylenol codeine

FBI was told to blame Anthrax scare on Al Qaeda by White House officials

WASHINGTON - In the immediate aftermath of the 2001 anthrax attacks, White House officials repeatedly pressed FBI Director Robert Mueller to prove it was a second-wave assault by Al Qaeda, but investigators ruled that out, the Daily News has learned.

After the Oct. 5, 2001, death from anthrax exposure of Sun photo editor Robert Stevens, Mueller was "beaten up" during President Bush's morning intelligence briefings for not producing proof the killer spores were the handiwork of terrorist mastermind Osama Bin Laden, according to a former aide.

"They really wanted to blame somebody in the Middle East," the retired senior FBI official told The News.

On October 15, 2001, President Bush said, "There may be some possible link" to Bin Laden, adding, "I wouldn't put it past him." Vice President Cheney also said Bin Laden's henchmen were trained "how to deploy and use these kinds of substances, so you start to piece it all together."

But by then the FBI already knew anthrax spilling out of letters addressed to media outlets and to a U.S. senator was a military strain of the bioweapon. "Very quickly [Fort Detrick, Md., experts] told us this was not something some guy in a cave could come up with," the ex-FBI official said. "They couldn't go from box cutters one week to weapons-grade anthrax the next

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: Coaster]
    #8796912 - 08/19/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

See, McCain is exactly the type of president America needs for the 21st century.

The kind who doesn't need to worry about petty things like facts and evidence to inspire fear.  Someone who's not afraid that his warmongering might come back to haunt him a few years down the road.

That's leadership.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: Minstrel]
    #8796960 - 08/19/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Minstrel said:

facts and evidence

And Motives....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8797075 - 08/19/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the motive it pretty clear, no matter who is responsible for the attack.  You can't have a war on terror without terror. :awesome:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: Coaster]
    #8797542 - 08/19/08 05:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks

You are yet another in a long list of liars who clearly cannot understand English as it is understood by most people who speak it.  He didn't say anything of the kind.  He said it may have come from Iraq, a statement that is just as true today as it was then.  Grab a dictionary and parse the difference between "may" and "did".  It might be illuminating, although I tend to doubt it in your case.

--------------------

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8800468 - 08/20/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

"The second phase is Iraq." -- a definitive statement.

"There is some indication that some of this anthrax *may*, and I emphasize *may*, have come from Iraq." -- a definitive statement describing the non definitive status of the intelligence purporting the origin of said anthrax.

In the context of discussing military operations in Afghanistan, he makes it clear that "the second phase is Iraq", while acknowledging the inconclusiveness of the intelligence linking the anthrax to it.

He gives no indication that the reason for going into Iraq had anything to do with anthrax.  He simply states that the second phase of our military operations in that region is Iraq, and also there might be a possibility that the anthrax came from there too....

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: SoY]
    #8800516 - 08/20/08 10:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ya so iraq was always in our crosshairs
and why
is it because they pose no threat to us and have tons of delicious oil?

--------------------

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

#8801017 - 08/20/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's sure been my opinion. This country fails to realize that our government is way more antagonistic than those we are scapegoating.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: SoY]
    #8801219 - 08/20/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SoY said:
He gives no indication that the reason for going into Iraq had anything to do with anthrax.  He simply states that the second phase of our military operations in that region is Iraq, and also there might be a possibility that the anthrax came from there too....

Correct.

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8801770 - 08/20/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

SoY said:

Correct.

It doesn't matter - simply mentioning Iraq in the same sentence as Anthrax or Al-Qaeda is enough for people to start making the connection. It's all mind games.

Remember Wag the Dog?
Quote:

And it's most certainly NOT about the B-3 bomber.
-There is no B-3 bomber.
I just said that! There is no B-3 bomber. I don't know how these rumors get started!

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: zouden]
    #8801808 - 08/20/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:

It doesn't matter - simply mentioning Iraq in the same sentence as Anthrax or Al-Qaeda is enough for people to start making the connection. It's all mind games.

I'm going to write a sentence that includes the words "zouden" and "homosexual child molester".  Now some particularly stupid people might conclude that by doing so I said that zouden was a homosexual child molester, but they would be mistaken.  Of course, that does not preclude zouden from actually being a homosexual child molester but I'm not making that accusation.  Yet.

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8801851 - 08/20/08 04:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would like to issue a statement firmly denying that I have ever molested children

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: zouden]
    #8801892 - 08/20/08 05:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Where there's smoke there's fire.  Perv.

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

#8802640 - 08/20/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

He didn't say he wanted to go in, but his statement was definitely irresponsible.  Remember, this is post 9-11; it is a time when people jumping to conclusions because of fear, and misplacing aggression is exactly what you don't want to have. 

Zouden the child molester is right that the intent is very much psychological, but it's not so simple as just using words together in sentences. 

If there was so much uncertainty, then wouldn't a responsible statesman just keep his fucking mouth shut, rather than pointing fingers, so as to direct the fearful Americans' vengeance at his predetermined enemy?

He says it like he knows it's going to be proven wrong in the future.  But, since he emphasized MAY, you can't blame him (right, Zzzap?).
2nd phase?  What a fucking snake.  Makes a whole plan to go after some predetermined enemy, as soon as any shit hits the fan, regardless of who might have flung it.

Does it seem like McCain is interested in justice and truth; getting people to think rationally and objectively, so that America might prevail in the long term?  Or is he willing to use America' fear (and its bloodlust, in the wake of 9-11) against itself to get his short term agenda accomplished, before the truth inevitably comes out?

Real leadership wouldn't tiptoe around and say X may have done it, and we have evidence which might be credible to support our charge against X.   

It accomplishes nothing but making more enemies.......oh wait, never mind.  McCain's actions all make sense in this regard; he's doing a great job.

The man who smiles when something goes wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (08/20/08 08:48 PM)

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: Back in 2001 Mccain wanted to go into Iraq because they were the cause of the anthrax attacks [Re: Minstrel]
    #8802650 - 08/20/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, seeing that video scares me, because now this guy wants to be the most powerful man in the world. Fucking war mongers.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8804034 - 08/21/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Minstrel said:
Zouden the child molester is right

Alleged child molester, thank you

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#8804965 - 08/21/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

lol when i read that i busted up laughing

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

#8805263 - 08/21/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Now now, don't be so hasty; I'm sure you are one, because I once saw a sentence which contained your name, along with 'homosexual child molester'.

It's enough to start making connections, amirite?  :tongue2:

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (08/21/08 02:07 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8806011 - 08/21/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

100% correct for once.  I hope to get enough google bombs that zouden will become a synonym for child molester.

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8806443 - 08/21/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That'll be tough; it's an extremely common word:
Quote:

Results 1 - 20 of about 15,800,000 for zouden. (0.24 seconds)

It's a verb-modifier in Dutch.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags