Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrumjam
Strangest
 User Gallery

mag stir
    #8803902 - 08/21/08 01:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you can wire a lamp you can make this. 

120volt fan from radio shack, along with, rubber grommet to guard cord as it goes through the case, case, little rubber feet and bar magnets (2). 

Home depot for,  extension cord, wall dimmer switch(single pole), 4, # 10-24, 2 1/2in machine screws, 4 nuts to match, 12 washers to match, 4, #10 x 5/16 x 1/2 Aluminum spacer, and home use silicone.

Also, I use a 3/16 drill bit for screws and a sheet metal drill for vent holes, this bit is conical and will cut 1/8in holes up to about 1/2in in dim. 

The spacers hold the fan up off the bottom of the box.

Washers were use on both sides of the plastic box for stability, spacer on top of washer, then fan, washer, then nuts.  Lay out is the hardest part in all of this, just take your time.

Holes were drilled in bottom and sides for vents.  Dimmer was silicon-ed in, instead of screwed, only for cleaner look.

Bar magnets (2) were silicon-ed down, care needs to be taken to center them as well as one can or the thing will wiggle across the counter.

Cut the socket end off the extension cord ( make sure you haven't plugged it in already!!!!!) split the wires and strip a 1/4in, the dimmer comes with wire nuts so your set there.  Wiring is just like a light switch in you house, so if you can't do that, learn and don't die!

Test before assembly,

Just so you know, I asked for the 120volt fan, went home ,tested before assembly, and poof!! no more fan.  It was cool though.  You put a 120v through a 12v computer fan and fireworks!!

Guy just grabbed the wrong one and I didn't notice either, they replace it so no problem.

This isn't my tec just my most recent project,  I saw it here just wondering through mag sirr post.  I looked for the post for some time, all I remember is the Avatar(?) was a black guy with a big gap in his front teeth?  Anyone want to give credit to this person thanks for the info.

No you don't need one, but it sure is fun building this stuff!  GL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mag stir [Re: drumjam]
    #8803989 - 08/21/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I just rigged one up used wood for the box and a piece of plexi i had layin round for the top.  Wish I had something like you got.  Looks good!
Would give ya 5 but I gave it to ya for the links...lol.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Offlinedrumjam
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: mag stir [Re: Krez]
    #8804008 - 08/21/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thks both ways, it was easy and a lot of fun.

Offlinedrumjam
Strangest
 User Gallery

#8806256 - 08/21/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

early am post, if your interested?

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #8806281 - 08/21/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nice looking homemade stirrer. By far one of the best I have seen.

That being said, most homemade stir bars I see on these sites are pure crap. You can buy a real life magnetic stirrer for less than $10 on ebay all day long. I just looked and there are 15 listed for $1 no reserve. I understand the desire to build stuff when you can, but in this case there is so much surplus and the real deal is so much better than most homemade ones that it is just ridiculous to try and build an inferior one (not your it looks great with the speed control and all that).

Your gonna need a real life stir bar anyway, so get that paypal account running.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder