Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Loc: Las Vegas Flag
Making an isolate from a piece of rhizomorph?
    #8785854 - 08/17/08 10:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I start all my projects from jars. Then I go to bulk. I use nothing but hpoo in my jars to cut down on costs like verm. I put in some hpoo, use micropore tape on the lid, and pc it. When my poo cakes are done colonizing, I take the best strands of rhizomorphs off the cake with tweezers inside my glovebox. I put the rhizo's in sterilized seaweed and karo broth. I have had good results with LC's this way.

I hope this will minimize sectoring. I want to know if I can take the rhizomorphs off this way to cut down on the amount of transfers when I start messing with agar and petri dishes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making an isolate from a piece of rhizomorph? [Re: Cloneufc]
    #8787055 - 08/17/08 04:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just take the very tiny tippy tippiest tips from the rhizos, that helps minimize sectoring

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: Making an isolate from a piece of rhizomorph? [Re: P.Menace]
    #8799036 - 08/20/08 01:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Wouldnt it be easier to just take the mycelium found on a shroom cluster? Cluster as in multiple shrooms growing all hooked together. I had a cluster once with about ten shrooms all hooked together. Wouldnt this take the guess work out of finding a prolific fruiter and making a guaranteed fruiting sector? Can you take mycelium from this prolific fruit cluster and sector it even more? Would it even be worth it?

Edited by Cloneufc (08/20/08 03:58 AM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #8799628 - 08/20/08 06:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Cloning a cluster will more likely give you more sectors to deal with. It would be best to pick the best fruit and clone a piece of the inner stem. Take the tissue sample from an area away from the stem. This will guarantee you have a strain that will fruit on the substrate you are using and under the environmental conditions in your grow area.

Most clones of a fruit will be single sectors. You can still try to take a tip of rhizo mycelium and place it on agar but do as P.Menace said and take only a very tiny piece from the tip of the growth.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: Making an isolate from a piece of rhizomorph? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #8802556 - 08/20/08 09:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

RR said to use a piece no bigger than a grain of rice. After dabbling around with this stuff I can see how much multi spore sucks. I get way better pin sets and faster gorwing mycelium already just messing around on cardboard. Agar in on the way, just ordered some a few days ago from mycopath.

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #8803752 - 08/21/08 02:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:
Wouldnt it be easier to just take the mycelium found on a shroom cluster? Cluster as in multiple shrooms growing all hooked together. I had a cluster once with about ten shrooms all hooked together. Wouldnt this take the guess work out of finding a prolific fruiter and making a guaranteed fruiting sector? Can you take mycelium from this prolific fruit cluster and sector it even more? Would it even be worth it?

Well... however you want to come up to the point of "Isolating" since i believed by your first post you were already at this stage... wether its multispore or clone, it will sector, and all sectors must be tested for the characteristics wanted... ie. fast, rizo, growth, heavy pinset, fast pinset, co2 tollerence... and so on

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies