Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
I need some muscle relaxers
    #8803675 - 08/21/08 02:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think I have gotten any REm sleep in about a month.

I feel like E. Norton Jr. in Fight Club... just wandering aroud in this semi conscious haze for the majority of the day.

I cant get to sleep until 3am (seriously check my posting times and it will prove this) and wake up about 3-4 hours afterwards and cant get back to sleep.

So, I dont want ambien or any other "sleep aid"... I want muscle relaxers. I dont care which kind. All I know is that the best sleep I have ever had was due to a script of muscle relaxers I got once for back pains.

so I am going to the doctor tomorrow or soon, and Im wondering if I should just be straight up with him/her or make up some bullshit neck.back pain to ensure I get what I want.
I feel like either way I am going to have to be proving that I am not an addict. I have the biggest, darkest circles aroudn my eyes...

anyway any suggestions or advice?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #8803720 - 08/21/08 02:14 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried many of the sleeping methods and relaxation techniques out there?

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: Helixx]
    #8804676 - 08/21/08 11:23 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i'm on cyclobenzaprine, and i gotta say, all its good for is sleep. I've avoided taking it for that reason, since i've been sleeping fine. I don't like how it makes me groggy. I really don't think a doctor is going to think you're an addict if you want muscle relaxants, at least not if you claim back pain. they may however try and give you an anti inflammatory first and gyp you on the muscle relaxants... this is what happened to me. so you could go into a walk in clinic with back pain and say that you went to another doctor the day before and got naproxen but you still have pain. that's a sure ticket.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8804684 - 08/21/08 11:25 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

or you could just get some nyquil. that stuff is amazing, although if you take it for more than one night it makes it hard to sleep when you stop taking it.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8806099 - 08/21/08 04:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, I use nyquil when I have an early work day or a very important one... but that is only a quick fix.

this all started when I quit smoking, and now Im thinking that it has always been a problem, but since cigs are a stimulant, I have been able to smoke through the intense grogginess and incapacitating sleepiness that hits me in the afternoons.
last night I fell asleep in 108 decibels of Prince, and that was after I had drank a shit ton of redbull.
I have an appointment in an hour, and I decided to just tell the doctor the truth. I have had back pain before and you are right, they do try to put you on some anti inflammatory.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #8806114 - 08/21/08 04:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

It is highly unlikely that a doctor will prescribe you muscle relaxers for insomnia.  If you request them, he will most likely assume you are just trying to get high or whatever.  You need to make up a story.  My friend just got a bottle of flexeril for a skateboarding accident.  He fucked up his back somehow.  If I talk to him today I'll ask him exactly what he told his doctor and get back to you.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: it stars saddam]
    #8806132 - 08/21/08 04:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

ive had flexeril before.

I dont think this will be a problem... my mom is a nurse and she thinks so too. it isnt like i am going to sit in the office and say "gimme some muscle relaxers". I am having bloodwork done, and probably a physical (maybe my nuts get jabbed with a finger).
I would prefer to find the cause of this rather than drug myself to sleep.

It isnt mental, because frankly I am extremely happy and content. nothing to worry about, nothing to lose sleep over.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #8806689 - 08/21/08 06:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've been into herbs for a few years now, have a collection of about 75 different kinds.  If I wanted to use something to knock me out on a regular basis, I would use foti.

Foti is one of the most powerful longevity tonics used in chinese medicine.  One specific traditional use of foti is for insomnia with nightmares.  In low doses it's energizing, in larger doses it induces sleep.  I use it for energy, but I've taken too much a few times and it knocked me the fuck out, for a long time.  Some benefits of daily use are enhanced cognition, enhanced circulation, improved mood, enhancement of libido for both sexes.

There are two kinds of foti, prepared and unprepared.  The prepared foti is the tonic, unprepared is mostly just used as a laxative.

I've never used foti extracts, don't know how well they work.  This is the stuff I use http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/foti.php

If you want to try the herbal route I strongly recommend foti.  I can recommend some other herbs for insomnia if anyone is interested.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: I need some muscle relaxers [Re: Neon]
    #8810038 - 08/22/08 10:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

after the strangest doctors visit.... I walked out with a script for 180 10mg Flexeril.

this doctor was so weird. His behavior was like that of some random douchebag you dont know at some party that found out you are tripping... so they talk in retarded voices and make an array of faces with wild hand gestures. Kind of like Bill Cosby, but white and not funny.

anyway, the guy tells me point blank... "you can probably get 15 bucks a piece for these, and you know, there is nothing wrong with being addicted".

Im not kidding... he also made a poo joke when he referred me to a neurologist because her name is Dr. Dung, and asian american that he assures me speaks english well.

what a fuck twit that guy was.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8856831 - 08/31/08 06:37 PM (10 years, 22 days ago)

sounds like a douche but at least you got what you wanted. :shrug: He gave you 180 of them? I only got 20!

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #8856912 - 08/31/08 07:00 PM (10 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
after the strangest doctors visit.... I walked out with a script for 180 10mg Flexeril.

this doctor was so weird. His behavior was like that of some random douchebag you dont know at some party that found out you are tripping... so they talk in retarded voices and make an array of faces with wild hand gestures. Kind of like Bill Cosby, but white and not funny.

anyway, the guy tells me point blank... "you can probably get 15 bucks a piece for these, and you know, there is nothing wrong with being addicted".

Im not kidding... he also made a poo joke when he referred me to a neurologist because her name is Dr. Dung, and asian american that he assures me speaks english well.

what a fuck twit that guy was.

weeellllll youuuu seeeeeeeeeeeeeee, whatcha doo izz, youuu poot tha flexarillssss in tha pooding!!  zip zoopity zap zoop!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being