Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMind Euphoria
Jimi Hendrix
Male

monotube vs. other methods
    #8802281 - 08/20/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Im have about 80 percent colonization in my wbs jars. so now im looking at dif methods for a FC. I was going to do monotube the whole time but now that i have been reading post, the Martha Stewart incubator looks like a great way to go. i live in a college house so i was wondering which method should i go with or any input would be appreciated.

--------------------
And the colors of the sea bind your eyes with trembling mermaids,
And you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses,
How his naked ears were tortured by the sirens sweetly singing,
For the sparkling waves are calling you to kiss their white laced lips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSulli
Stranger

Re: monotube vs. other methods [Re: Mind Euphoria]
    #8802331 - 08/20/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

An FC would be somthing you might have wanted to have ready by this point but no worries they can be made easy, MONO tubs are great but take a little bit of work, For a fruiting chamber I use the mono tub with a twist, nothing fancy. I took the largest TUB i could find and cut the top out and taped a plexi glass winow for light and veiwing, also looks nice.

I filled the bottom with per light and drilled holes at the bottom about five inches from the bottom, add water and thats it.

The holes keep co2 from builing up, perlight keeps it humid, windows for light, and 76f and add your caseings or cakes, I dont use polyfill or anything and this has worked amazingly for me, Check my pics below, you can see the fruiting chamber a little bit but you can see my results a lot.

Take care.

--------------------

Edited by Sulli (08/20/08 07:01 PM)

OfflineAsric
Fueled By Satan
 User Gallery

Re: monotube vs. other methods [Re: Sulli]
    #8802481 - 08/20/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you are living in a dorm or a frat go with a monotub. It is much more discreet than a humidifier running all the time. For the amount of effort and space monotubs are great. The main benifit to a martha IMHO is the ability to have multiple strains in the same small area or to do small scale experiments without wasting a whole tote worth of resources.

--------------------
Looking to trade for:
Wedges of: Golden Oyster, Pink Oyster, Shaggy Mane, Stropharia R.
Prints of: Z strain, Treasure Coast, Exotics, Morels
Have to trade:
Wedges: Pearl Oyster, Wellington Oyster, Grey Oyster, Lion's Mane
Prints: B+
Other stuff: Micro centrifuge tubes, Home made artisan bouillon in chicken and shellfish (lobster and shrimp), Homemade pecan smoked salt

OfflineMind Euphoria
Jimi Hendrix
Male

Re: monotube vs. other methods [Re: Asric]
    #8803058 - 08/20/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thanks im def going to use a monotube..my house doesnt have alot of room and i have read a ton of information on making them. Now im going to use horse poo but i heard about just using coco coir and verm. which way is better?

--------------------
And the colors of the sea bind your eyes with trembling mermaids,
And you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses,
How his naked ears were tortured by the sirens sweetly singing,
For the sparkling waves are calling you to kiss their white laced lips.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: monotube vs. other methods [Re: Mind Euphoria]
    #8803232 - 08/20/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

use poo.

And good choice with the monotub. I don't know why anyone would say monotubs are a lot of work. You just leave it and let it do its thing. Marthas are fucking complicated.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: monotube vs. other methods [Re: Asric]
    #8803545 - 08/20/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asric said:
If you are living in a dorm or a frat go with a monotub. It is much more discreet than a humidifier running all the time. For the amount of effort and space monotubs are great. The main benifit to a martha IMHO is the ability to have multiple strains in the same small area or to do small scale experiments without wasting a whole tote worth of resources.

:thumbup:

As long as everyone in the house is cool with it.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains