Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR]
    #8802389 - 08/20/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative
August 20, 2008 - kfsm.com

FAYETTEVILLE - A group called Sensible Fayetteville needs only 300 more signatures to put a marijuana initiative on the November ballot. They are pushing for the drug to be considered a low priority for police.

Fayetteville police say misdemeanor amounts of marijuana are already considered a low priority, and arrests usually result from involvement in other offenses. But, Sensible Fayetteville says these arrests are clogging the court and jail systems-using up a lot of taxpayer dollars.

Fayetteville Police Cpl. Craig Stout said, "...we don't send out directed patrols, like we do for DWIs or something like that, you know, we're just-this is one that's just when you find it, you find it."

Police say most adults arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana have done something to catch the attention of a cop-driving under the influence, speeding, or even felony crimes when pot is found during a search. They aren't actively seeking out people carrying an ounce or less.

Cpl. Stout said, "...we'd much rather, if we could take down a meth lab as opposed to somebody with an small amount."

Sensible Fayetteville says the initiative is about people letting their voice be heard t his November, and they plan to take it as far as they can go in the state.

Ryan Denham said, "...we'd like to look at passing a state law here. We would like to look into passing a legislation bill so this certainly moving-building momentum to build a movement  to get that done."

But they still need 3-hundred signatures to get it on the November ballot.

Denham said, "We're having an event this Saturday at Wilson park from 10-4. We're going to have free food, a raffle, and music and so we'd like citizens to come out sign the petition if they haven't had a chance to do so."

Here's what the public had to say about the initiative.

One woman said, "It's a drug and drugs should not be a low priority offense."

A Fayetteville man said, "...if the doctors think that's the right thing[medical marijuana]-then let the doctor make that decision."

Another Fayetteville man said, "I don't like the idea. I think it's illegal for a reason-it should stay that way."

Police say they follow state law, and say since they already consider ounce or less of pot a low priority-this initiative would do little to change their day to day business.   

Sensible Fayetteville organizers say they're looking at state legislation, and this initiative is helping build momentum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR] [Re: veggie]
    #8802436 - 08/20/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fayetteville Police Cpl. Craig Stout said, "...we don't send out directed patrols, like we do for DWIs or something like that, you know, we're just-this is one that's just when you find it, you find it."

Police say most adults arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana have done something to catch the attention of a cop-driving under the influence, speeding, or even felony crimes when pot is found during a search. They aren't actively seeking out people carrying an ounce or less.

but they are arresting them i bet when they find less than an ounce. i guess cops dont understand that theyre not wasting the money in planning how to get us smokers, but actually going through with it and arresting us for having a gram.

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
Re: Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR] [Re: clover606]
    #8802944 - 08/20/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

People speed while stoned? I'm much more likely to get a ticket for driving too slowly :laugh:

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #8803074 - 08/20/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Another Fayetteville man said, "I don't like the idea. I think it's illegal for a reason-it should stay that way."

:nonono:

goddamn people are stupid. "The government says its not okay, and we should think of teh children. Drugs are bad, and we should just say NO." $20 says the Fayetteville man went home and got drunk shortly thereafter.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR] [Re: uber_aj]
    #8803304 - 08/20/08 10:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

people are so fucking close minded

--------------------

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
Re: Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR] [Re: Coaster]
    #8803619 - 08/20/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

"Here's what the public had to say about the initiative.

A Fayetteville man said, "...if the doctors think that's the right thing[medical marijuana]-then let the doctor make that decision."

Another Fayetteville man said, "I don't like the idea. I think it's illegal for a reason-it should stay that way.""

These are the best three reasons they posted?  "I think it's illegal for a reason" They dont even know why, their statement says it all, they're just following the band wagon for god sakes.

"It's a druug and drugs shouldn't be low priority" Fuck, make alcohol a high priority aswell then because it sure fucks you up more than weed.

"I think it should be ok if it's used for medical marijuana" well, then alcohol is only used for cuts, because I can't see it useful for anything else.  (I can make stupid reasons for shit to happen, much like what everyone else does.)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8804165 - 08/21/08 04:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

> A group called Sensible Fayetteville needs only 300 more signatures to put a marijuana initiative on the November ballot.

Having volunteered to verify signatures on a petition, I know that they need to get as far over the minimum as they can.  A lot of people sign twice, aren't eligible, etc, thus you tend to lose a handful (couple of percent) of the signatures when verified.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleArtVandaley
Stranger

Re: Group 300 signatures away from marijuana initiative [AR] [Re: Seuss]
    #8817404 - 08/23/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Why cant petitions like this happen in Australia? lol
"I dont like the idea, I think its illegal for a reason-it should stay that way"...-Id love to meet this guy man what a fucking idiot!
This is the kind of turnip you meet once in a blue moon who tells you "I tried marijuana once, But it done NOTHING and i never tried it again".
Its idjets like this that should be shipped to the island of celibacy to live in harmony with all man made rules and regs...PISS OFF:bongload::bongload::bongload::bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale