Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSSM420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Second flush (casing) - beginning of new pinset - shrooms don't appear to have caps?
    #8802160 - 08/20/08 08:14 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey,

So I'm new as a member, at least under this name, on this forum. I had another account or two (apparently, according to the system) and tried retreiving passwords for both but the server kept giving me wrong password errors even right after I received a temporary password by email.

Anyways... I'm in my second grow attempt, my first one several months back went terrible, all jars were contamed, now this one's going pretty well... I've already gotten one flush from a cake, but this time - for the second flush - decided to turn the cake into a casing...
This didn't go very well because the mycelium refused to jump over the layer of vermiculite (I followed instructions I found on the net)... so I took off the layer of vermiculite and put the whole thing in my fruiting chamber.

I just took a look at the chamber and it seems there are so far 3 shrooms growing, but the only thing is - aside ffrom the fact that they're growing from every angle possible, is that they don't seem to have caps :confused:, the whole shroom is white with no sign of the brownish/gold cap as there was in my first flush.

I'm just curious if this is a sign or symptom of anything I may be doing wrong, or could it just be a fluke?

I'll try to post a pic tonight.
Thanks so much!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation