Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineslawth
Apprentice Psilonaut

noob question about FC
    #8802106 - 08/20/08 08:01 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

so i am new to this, and im trying to develop a cheap cost efficient fruiting chamber, my main problem is I live in a relatively rural community and mushrooms arent very easy to score 1-2 a year MAYBE and I have decided to grow my own, normally this wouldnt be a problem except my job takes me away from town in one week to two week stretches  with only a couple days notice, I have a friend that can take over for me while i am out of town, but would just rather have a hands free chamber that i can just have someone pick if needed.

i so far have a large plastic bin, which isnt entirely air tight around the top with a ultrasonic humidifier run through four two liter bottles, I recently just bought an aquarium pump and was wondering if setting the pump inside the chamber, with both of its dual hoses pointing out would be enough to provide FAS, I have ran both at the same time for about six hours and my digital hygrometer reads 99% humidity (its in a basement room which already has a pretty high humidity level on its own) and it seems that really minimal moisture is actually forming inside, ive been setting some jar lids on my racks to try and catch moisture and they have been dry. I also cut a hole in the bottom of my terrerium and silicone glued a filter over it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineI Like Alkaloids
Brought Back to Life
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountains, U.S. Flag
Re: noob question about FC [Re: slawth]
    #8802142 - 08/20/08 08:10 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slawth said:
I have a friend that can take over for me while i am out of town, but would just rather have a hands free chamber that i can just have someone pick if needed.

Search for "monotub"

Set it and forget it!

:cool:

--------------------
A lot of people here are assholes, but so am I...

:cool:

Offlineslawth
Apprentice Psilonaut

Re: noob question about FC [Re: I Like Alkaloids]
    #8806709 - 08/21/08 06:59 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

i have been thinking of setting up a couple monotubs in addition to the tub that i have the humidifier hooked up to, but i would rather not scrap all the work that i have so far done. if anyone has any experience using the MMGG system connected to a ultrasonic humidifier any feedback would be very much appreciated.

OfflineSix
Stranger than fiction
Male

Re: noob question about FC [Re: slawth]
    #8806826 - 08/21/08 07:22 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I use a tub with perlite myself.. and a computerfan, connected to a large pvc tube with holes that fans for 5 minutes, every 3 hours.. (and does not blow directly on the musrooms..)

if you hook up the humidifier to a timer as well.. this could probably work

Edited by Six (08/21/08 07:33 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation