Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShulgin
Space Monkey
Male
New here
    #8801963 - 08/20/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everybody, this is my first post here.  Im a not exactly a noob at growing, but not all that experienced, either.  In the past Ive stuck with cubies, and this time around I plan on doing a bulck rye grow with some cubies, as well as some invitro sclerotia with Mex A.  Heres the deal... My mex A syringe is here, but my rye seed has not yet arrived.  Also, I have two jars of rye GRAIN prepped and PCed, but the cubie spores have not arrived and Im getting anxious.  My question is, can I shoot some Mex spores into the rye grain jars and get decent results as far as sclerotia?  Ive started a Liqued Culture of the Mex A already, so theres no shortage on Mexicana inoculate, and Ive got plenty of rye.  Is it worth it, or should I just be patient and hope my cubie spores get here tomorrow and that my rye seed isnt far behind?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecosmictaco
The answer IS the question
 User Gallery

Loc: In a Ditch
Re: New here [Re: Shulgin]
    #8801988 - 08/20/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sorry, i can not answer your questions. I just wanted to say, welcome to the forum!!

--------------------
                Apple butter toast is nice,...

OfflineAsric
Fueled By Satan
 User Gallery

Re: New here [Re: cosmictaco]
    #8802503 - 08/20/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

From what I understand, and I could be wrong on this (if I am some one please correct me) I believe you can knock up your rye with your mexi, you wont really get sclerotia growth but it will make a master culture jar for you from which you can do grain to grain transfers with your rye grass seed when it shows up.
Keep us up to date. And remember here at the Shroomery, we love pics.

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
Looking to trade for:
Wedges of: Golden Oyster, Pink Oyster, Shaggy Mane, Stropharia R.
Prints of: Z strain, Treasure Coast, Exotics, Morels
Have to trade:
Wedges: Pearl Oyster, Wellington Oyster, Grey Oyster, Lion's Mane
Prints: B+
Other stuff: Micro centrifuge tubes, Home made artisan bouillon in chicken and shellfish (lobster and shrimp), Homemade pecan smoked salt

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
Re: New here [Re: Asric]
    #8802539 - 08/20/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:nothingtoadd:  WELCOME!!!

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

OfflineShulgin
Space Monkey
Male
Re: New here [Re: Izangi]
    #8802632 - 08/20/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Right on; thanks for the info and the warm welcome, everyone.  I think I'll just stick it out.  My rye jars are still in the pc even though they've been done for like nine hours, so they should be alright till the cubie spores get here (I hope) so I'll probably just wait it out and go with the original plan.  I've already got a liquid culture going of Mex A, so a master jar wouldn't really be that useful, although I do appreciate the idea and I very well may use it in the future.  Thanks again for the responses.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract