Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

Hunting in pastures & fields
    #8801442 - 08/20/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I really really want to go hunting in a cow or horse pasture and there are TONS right by my house... I'm just very worried about it. I really can't be caught - you know? Way too much too risk. -I think- I was hoping that maybe some of you guys could help ease my mind? Some of you that have done it? I mean... what time should I go? Have any of you ever been caught? If so, what happened? I love hunting for mushrooms, but I've never been successful finding any actives - I've only ever looked in foresty areas. So I thought, after all of the hours I've searched, it would probably be worth it to search in a cow pasture - unless I'm caught. :blush:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: twenty9stars]
    #8801451 - 08/20/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

what state you in

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8801455 - 08/20/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Portland Oregon and it's been raining like crazy all week :grin:

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8801466 - 08/20/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cow pasture are more for cubensis, especially in the south. Cubes dont grow where your at, look for actives in wood chips. Someone from that area of the US would be able to give you better info, i could answer your questions but i think you should get a response from someone who has actually hunted out there.

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

#8801476 - 08/20/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I live pretty close to Tillamook, which is cow country... and I've heard tons of stories about people searching and finding a lot out there. I've even seen a million cars parked on the side of the highway and people sneaking around in pastures in broad daylight!

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8801492 - 08/20/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe liberty caps, they can grow in cow or sheep pastures ive read. But the majority of actives on the west coast grow in wood chips.

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#8801494 - 08/20/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I've always been worried about getting caught by the wrong people, it's a risk I'm prepared to take. I have a strategy laid out in my mind though, there's that paranoia that prevails every time :frown:

--------------------

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

#8801507 - 08/20/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So you think I should just keep looking in foresty areas then? There's a nature park with 10 miles of pathways by my house and sometimes I go walking there and look around for them... I usually sneak off the path and try to search deeper into the forest because I seriously doubt I'd be the first to walk by an active right on the edge of the path. There are usually tons of upturned mushrooms on the path edges and obvious paths where people snuck in deeper like I do... so I know tons of people look there. Is it a good idea to try to go where no one else has been to find them? So far I haven't had any luck. Any advice or tips anyone would like to share with me would be highly highly appreciated... I've been searching for 3 years and haven't found anything.

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: Abuse]
    #8801514 - 08/20/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So you've only been paranoid about it and never caught??

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#8801562 - 08/20/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twenty9stars said:
So you've only been paranoid about it and never caught??

Yes. :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: Abuse]
    #8801661 - 08/20/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If I lived in Oregon I'd look for these...

Botanical Name: Psilocybe baeocystis
Common Name: Potent Psilocybe
Family: Strophariaceae
Description  Sticky, conical, brown cap with brownish gills and off-white stalk; bruising blue.
Cap  5/8" - 2 1/4" (1.5-5.5 cm) wide; conical with incurved margin, expanding to convex or flat; sticky, olive- to buff-brown, bruising and aging greenish about margin.
Gills  Attached, close, broad; grayish, becoming dark purplish-gray.
Stalk  2" - 2 3/4" (5-7 cm) long, 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5-3 mm) thick; whitish, covered with small, whitish fibers.
Veil  Partial veil evanescent.
Spores  10-13 X 6.3-7 microns; elliptical, smooth, with pore at tip. Spore print dark purplish.
Edibility  Hallucinogenic.
Season  September-November
Habitat  Scattered to numerous, in wood chips, on decayed wood, and decaying moss.
Range  Pacific North West (USA).
Look-alikes  Psilocybe strictipes has long, brittle, straight stalk. The hallucinogenic Psilocybe cyanescens has broad, wavy, knobbed cap.
Comments  This species is a potent hallucinogen that contains several active compounds. Its side effects are not well known.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/safe-pik/p_baeocystis1.shtml

Botanical Name: Psilocybe cyanescens
Common Name: Bluing Psilocybe
Family: Strophariaceae
Description  Tacky, wavy, brown cap, fading to yellowish, with brownish gills and whitish stalk; bruising blue.
Cap  3/4" - 1 5/8" (2-4 cm) wide; convex, becoming nearly flat with undulating or wavy margin; sticky to moist, smooth; dark chestnut-brown, fading to yellowish, bruising blue.
Gills  Attached, nearly distant, broad; cinnamon-brown, becoming darker.
Stalk  2 3/8" - 3 1/4" (6-8 cm) long, 1/8" - 1/4" (3-5 mm) thick, sometimes enlarged at base; curved, whitish, bruising blue.
Veil  Partial veil white, evanescent.
Spores  9-12 X 5.5-8.3 microns; elliptical, smooth, with pore at tip. Spore print purple-brown.
Edibility  Hallucinogenic.
Season  September-November.
Habitat  Several to many, in coniferous mulch.
Range  British Columbia to San Francisco.
Look-alikes  The hallucinogenic Psilocybe baeocystis and Psilocybe strictipes lack wavy margin.
Comments  When ingested in large quantity, this can be strongly hallucinogenic.

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting in pastures & fields *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: UberDeepName]
    #8801738 - 08/20/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Foamy

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: Troll Bot]
    #8801854 - 08/20/08 04:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Scroll down and find your state, you have tons of actives to choose from lucky bastard:cool:

http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

Invisibleemotional_friend
helper guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: texas
searching tactic I found useful [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8809569 - 08/22/08 04:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't spent much time hunting. Mostly growing. Last night was my first real outing.

Wide open fields in view of a road are too sketchy. The best setup I found was along a major interstate that had trees all along the roads. When you come to gaps in the trees, you can look for livestock in the adjacent fields. When found, you drive just a bit further where the trees begin again and park on the side of the highway. Walk into the trees as if you're taking a leak. Then climb fence and search for mushrooms while shielded from view of the highway by trees. If the landowner pursues you in the field, your getaway is through the trees and back to the car along the highway, which won't be easy for him to pursue. He'll have to go back to the house, get in car, drive on various surfaces roads to highway entrance, etc.

This worked for me in broad daylight. One last suggestion- always be aware of your surroundings. It's easy to stay focused looking at the ground, but you want to always look at the edges of the field.

emotional friend

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8809613 - 08/22/08 05:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twenty9stars said:
Have any of you ever been caught? If so, what happened?

Swim had 5 years of buttseks in the State penitentiary with no parole.

--------------------

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

Re: searching tactic I found useful [Re: emotional_friend]
    #8810018 - 08/22/08 08:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, that's really great advice!

Offlinetwenty9stars
Mushroom Eater
Female

Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8810024 - 08/22/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That really sucks for him... now I'm going to be even extra cautious. It's so ridiculous though. I know I don't have to tell you guys, but the fact that we have to sneak around to find these little gifts from mother nature is just stupid. Why can't we have what grows naturally from our earth? :confused:

"My choice is what i chose to do;
and if I'm causin no harm,
it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you chose to be;
and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me.

If you dont like my fire, then dont come around, cause I'm gona burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one, down.

Herb the gift, from the Earth,
and what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before u knock it, try it first.
and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.
If you dont like my fire, then dont come around,
cause i'm gonna burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one.

oh yeah" -Ben Harper

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
    #8810489 - 08/22/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i think he was probably joking about the jail shit.
i got caught when I was younger. it just so happened to be that the random field I went searching on out in the country belonged to a cop. I was charged with trespasing. that's it. I wasn't in possesion of anything. and this was in Texas BTW. so if you wont get in much trouble here you especially wouldnt in Oregon.

--------------------

Invisiblethedirtymac
Female User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: LightShedder]
    #8810545 - 08/22/08 11:03 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I also live in Oregon, I think  you mainly need to get out of the city because starting now and for the next couple months I can't walk out my door without discovering some fungi, maybe not the kind you're looking for, but I think it's important to be familiar with mushrooms in general before you go venturing for actives and try to identify them.

Legally you shouldn't have many troubles, except every now and again there are some cops trying to prove a point, but usually if police are an issue BE KIND!!! My best advice when dealing with cops, if you're honest, kind and don't look like a psycho you usually won't have any trouble. I suggest getting permission before sneaking into people's fields, but there are plenty of places you could slip in without being noticed, just keep an eye out!

Today is perfect. I'm on my way out, all that rain and now these bright blue skies this morning...you can feel it in the air almost, haha... good luck!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: Hunting in pastures & fields [Re: thedirtymac]
    #8810630 - 08/22/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

DUDE! The most potent psilo that currently exists grows in the Tillamook area. Ever heard of Azures? Fuckin A. Liberties should be plentiful in that area with all the cow pastures. Asfor the actual Portland Metro? Fuck if I know. I have never had any luck. I have spent HOURS upon hours researching different mushrooms that grow in this area. There are tons of great mushrooms that grow along the coast. I don't really know what ones are out now. Probably baeosystin(sp?) and liberties. The wood loving ones I don't think are ready. :/ Maybe I'm a douche. Anyway bro, if you find a truly legit place, would you mind letting me know? Good luck.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order