Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedaveydude_99
Stranger
pin goddamnit!
    #8800159 - 08/20/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ok basically i have a mycobag and birthed my cake after dunking and rolling in (course) dry vermiculite. cake was birthed about 5 days ago and i still havent seen ANY pinning at all. The only difference i have noticed in the cake since birth is that the outside of the cake has become mmore furry,and a few little bumps. it seems like the mycelium is still growing vegetatively and doesnt want to pin yet. I belive the temperature is around 22-23C and i open up the bag a couple of times a day.
can anyone offer an explanation and tips to get it to pin?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: daveydude_99]
    #8800318 - 08/20/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

patience.

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: Izangi]
    #8800369 - 08/20/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you birthed a cake and put it into a mycobag? you need to research pinning triggers and fruiting chambers. like the shotgun fc. you need frequent air exchange! and bright light on a 12\12 cycle. mist the cake often. if you just birthed the cake to a mycobag thats the problem, you need a high humidity environment with lots of fresh air coming in and bright light like a daylight 23w compact flourescent bulb.

--------------------
grind

Offlinedaveydude_99
Stranger
Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: seven]
    #8800696 - 08/20/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well the bag has a filter on it and its out in my room 24/7 so its gettin all the natural light it wants. i open the bag often so i reckon its gettin enough air exchange. does it really need artificial light? lighting it will raise the temp aswell which is unfavourable isnt it? and with regards to the misting, theres quite a few droplets of water running down the sides of the bag so i assume its humid enough. would sprayin inside the bag more b harmful or is a lot of dew alrite?

OfflineMetatron21
Cosmonaut

Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: daveydude_99]
    #8801066 - 08/20/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Water droplets are not a sign of humidity.  Just means water is condensing because of a temperature variation from outside the bag and inside the bag.

Think of a cold glass a milk in room temp, it starts to sweat.

And I dont think a bag with a filter will allow enough FAE, might wanna look into a shotgun fruiting chamber, RogerRabbit has videos on youtube.

Reasearch, search, and read read read. Its the only way you'll learn.

--------------------

Offlinevater
LOST
 User Gallery

Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: Metatron21]
    #8801126 - 08/20/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Metatron21 said:
Water droplets are not a sign of humidity.  Just means water is condensing because of a temperature variation from outside the bag and inside the bag.

And I dont think a bag with a filter will allow enough FAE, might wanna look into a shotgun fruiting chamber, RogerRabbit has videos on youtube.

Yeh! But what if the inside of the bag is the same temp on the outside?

--------------------
GRIM GOPHER the great shroom hunter.
Coming in a theater near you.
Rated R

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: vater]
    #8801237 - 08/20/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

dude seriously we,re trying to help you out here. a shotgun fc would be perfect. that filter on the mycobag is for gas exchange. and just opening the bag isnt enough. you have to fan the cake with something... allowing lots of fresh air about four or more times a day. the misting is very nesassary!. a fully colonized cake is pretty contam resistant.. if you are trying to keep this hid, im sure  other people might be able to give you options for fruiting. but if that is no  issue. make a shotgun fc.. and please use the search bar at the top of this screen on the topics  of: shotgun fc, pinning triggers, fruiting humidity

--------------------
grind

OfflineSelfDestruct
noobzilla

Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: seven]
    #8801256 - 08/20/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
dude seriously we,re trying to help you out here. a shotgun fc would be perfect. that filter on the mycobag is for gas exchange. and just opening the bag isnt enough. you have to fan the cake with something... allowing lots of fresh air about four or more times a day. the misting is very nesassary!. a fully colonized cake is pretty contam resistant.. if you are trying to keep this hid, im sure  other people might be able to give you options for fruiting. but if that is no  issue. make a shotgun fc.. and please use the search bar at the top of this screen on the topics  of: shotgun fc, pinning triggers, fruiting humidity

This is truth.  A shotgun fc will allow way better FAE, and much better misting.  You just have to adjust the amount of holes/perlite to reach that 95+ humidity and you're set, they will grow like crazy.  Also make sure you have a decent light source.  It's really not that expensive to make at all... you can get the tub and lid for like 10 bucks at walmart.

OfflineMetatron21
Cosmonaut

Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: vater]
    #8801298 - 08/20/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vater said:
Quote:

Metatron21 said:

Yeh! But what if the inside of the bag is the same temp on the outside?

I highly doubt that.

--------------------

OfflineSupershrooomer
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: pin goddamnit! [Re: Metatron21]
    #8804319 - 08/21/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cut the top of the bag off, squeeze all the air out of it then reinflate it as best you can.  Tape the top shut.  Do this 3 or 4 times a day... you'll get pins in about a week.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds