Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineInfiniTcell
Stranger
Please let me know what you think of this set up and progress log
    #8800701 - 08/20/08 01:44 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Today is Day 0-1. A little birdie I know has just finished her flow hood and incubation chamber project along with knocking up several jars with China, B+ and Brazilian. Here are some pics of the flow hood! Since this is the bird's first real attempt at anything like this, feed back will be received well with pretty chirping and maybe a song or a flutter of the wings.

The hood is 24x24 with a 11 and 7/8" deep 99.97 HEPA filter with a Filtrete pre-filter. There is a 636 cfm rated centrifugal fan that pushes in along the long axes of the box. The birdie used handy panels, wood screws and duct tape to assemble it. With the resistance of the filters I think the flow rate is good. It was tested it with a lighter. The flame was horizontal and did not blow out.

Here is a pic of the work surface area.

The incubation chamber has a water pump and submersible heater in it. You can see the water line in the pic.

There is an aquarium thermometer inside the tub and it reads 84 degrees.

Here are some pics of the knocked up jars. There is rye, liquid culture of 4% raw sugar/agave (no idea how this will work!), and popcorn. Day 0, no growth yet! The birdie will keep you all posted! The birdie is a newb and is going to make some more jars soon!

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please let me know what you think of this set up and progress log [Re: InfiniTcell]
    #8800724 - 08/20/08 01:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Looks good so far.  keep it clean like this and you'll do fine. 

You can give the incubator a shot, but unless your house is too cold/ too hot by a pretty wide margin (outside of the 72-82*F range by more than 5*) then I recommend not using it.  There is too much potential for harboring additional contaminates in return for very little benefit.  Plenty of people, I'm sure, will attest to this.  I'm also sure there are plenty who will try to refute it.  If you need to see the difference for yourself, put one container of a single culture (one strain) in each container at the same time/same day and watch to see if the difference matters to you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation