Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
The edges of reality
    #8799807 - 08/20/08 08:43 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe being distracted from stuff is the key to understanding stuff. What I mean is is that often people focus on the objects of a given situation and lose track of the edges. So what I am saying is that maybe focusing on the edges of phenomena is the key to being drawn into the pure experience of phenomena. This meaning that the theoretical wrapper that covers pure experience is the contemplation of the edges of phenomena. Pure experience is obviously the flow of blood and air. Its covered in wrapping by the edges of reality.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: The edges of reality [Re: lines]
    #8800286 - 08/20/08 11:41 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting post!  Your signature has a lot to do with the subject you've brought up, too.

Usually our consciousness moves from seemingly-separate-point to seemingly-separate-point (objects) in the gestalt; we experience many objects in our field of vision, and interpret them in accordance with our memories of those or similar objects.  E.g. The apple I am eating is other than me is other than my friend which is other than the room which separates us, plus impressions of each of these objects.  Are we really experiencing the whole field when our consciousness is busy moving from object to object and interpreting in this way?  Is it possible to drop back and observe the entire gestalt passively, without labeling?  What do we see when we do this?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: The edges of reality [Re: Lion]
    #8800370 - 08/20/08 12:05 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes when i just sit back and observe, it's as if i can feel the spirit of creation in that very moment. It only happens when im outside and it's typically in the evening. I feel like time freezes for a sec and the my reality becomes a painting.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: The edges of reality [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8801730 - 08/20/08 06:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe seeing the gestalt(gestalt is a unified whole composed of parts where that whole is seen as a whole rather than seen as being composed of parts) passively without labeling it trains the mind to be able to witness objects as being part of the whole rather than being individual objects.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism