Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Your kids and drugs...
    #8799477 - 08/20/08 02:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So when you're out in the real world and start having kids, what are you going to tell them about drugs?  Are you going to tell them your entire past history with recreational substances, and hope they use the information responsibly?  Or will you gloss over the stupid things that you did and emphasize safety over irresponsibility?  Will you ban them from ingesting anything illegal until they're over 18, or will you gladly provide your home as a safe haven for drug consumption?  Will you smoke it up with your son or daughter if they ask?  Or will you be the one who offers to smoke them up?  What about tripping?  What about if they want to snort lines of coke?  What if they want you to sit for their 3-day Datura trip?  Where do you draw the line, Shroomerites?

Perhaps, in the end, it was the aura of clandestine secrecy about taking drugs and hiding it from our parents when we were teenagers that made us ultimately responsible about safety.  After all, the authorities lie... it was up to us to figure out what is harmful and what is harmless.  Maybe the act of being completely open and even promoting drug use in your kids will encourage them to become meth addicts by the time they're 16.  Maybe not.

What do you think?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: deCypher]
    #8799483 - 08/20/08 02:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the formal education kids get these days about drugs is a lot of BS.
I'm very scared for my little sister...she's going through D.A.R.E. right now.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #8799497 - 08/20/08 03:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'll be telling my kid, don't touch any drug til your 16.
I think I'll explain the good and the bad. And say if you want to try any drug to come to me first. I think I'd set the rules I set for myself (I'm a very safe and moderate drug user)
Obviously if my kid wants to try crack/meth/herion or jenkems... :whack:

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #8799503 - 08/20/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would share information freely and let them make the best of it.  My house would be a safe haven for some substances, but not all.

That's pretty vague, but I'd rather have my kid smoke weed, and use non-lethal substances than to see them destroy their body and mind.

OfflineAMDM
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: Helixx]
    #8799522 - 08/20/08 03:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not going to let them use anything with my permission until they are 16 or at an age that I think they can use responsibly. For sure I will educate them as best I can before that.

OfflineMr. Cordoza
beep beep boop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: AMDM]
    #8799531 - 08/20/08 03:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd probably hand my kids a joint every time they get a sore thumb.

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

Loc: Edge City
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: Mr. Cordoza]
    #8799966 - 08/20/08 08:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Its a tough one. I wanna be honest with them. But I also recognize that my parents BS strictness with me has probably saved me a lot of headaches with drugs through the year. I didnt do a single drug till college (mostly cause my parent were strict.) And it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Cause I LOVE drugs.

Its cool to think about cause kids might only be a few years away for me and my wife. And once they're old enough (19ish), Im down with them using plants (and fungus).  But I never  wanna see them do a line, or have them hear stories about me doing them framed in a possitive light.

Its tough to see a scenario where I wont be sharing a nuggety dube with my adult kid though. Unless, like my wife, they dont like pot.

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: moe.ron]
    #8800126 - 08/20/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i'll be like son... hit this shit

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: anyone420]
    #8800147 - 08/20/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
i'll be like son... hit this shit

:thumbup:

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: deCypher]
    #8800230 - 08/20/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

One of the main points I'd make is that much of what I will say to my son about drugs when he's old enough will depend on the type of person he becomes.

My son is a little over a year and a half old so it's all very hypothetical at the moment.

Will we tell our son about our drug exploits? Mostly no. As with all things involving raising children our opinion will be to follow his lead. He will undoubtedly come to myself or my wife with questions which we will answer, but within reason and depending on what we deem to be appropriate for him (given his age, personality and the context of the question asked).

Would I love to be able to trip with my son when he's older - sure, but I don't kid myself as to the likelihood of that happening.

I would like to think that having had both ecstatic times and serious problems with drugs in our lives we are there as providers of level headed, unbiased information - but only if and when it is needed.

As long as our son is happy and healthy we could care less whether he does or doesn't do drugs, Beyond a certain age it will be his decision.

I do realise that with a large number of books on and surrounding the subject of psychedelia and the large number of trippy albums we own he's bound to twig something at a certain age (probably his teens). We'll face that when it comes up.

Hiding my grow op, salvia extract and bong - now that's another issue.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Edited by theorganicdomino (08/20/08 09:30 AM)

Offlinestewy1412
meddle echoes
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #8800270 - 08/20/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i agree with polantis
ill tell them to ask me if they want to try a drug and if its weed, shrooms, salvia, mesc., DMT, or maybe acid id say sure, if you share the love of course
but coke, meth, heroin, datura; no way
if its addictive they shouldnt touch it
not even cigs or booze before the legal age

--------------------
:rasta:im the one thats got to die when its time for me to die
so let me live my life the way i want to
-Jimi Hendrix:mushroom2:

OfflineTheAcidNinja
Is that a Weasel?

#8800274 - 08/20/08 09:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't let him smoke pot until he was 16 becuase thats the age i started, plus at that age you start to mature. if i frowned upon him  i would be a hypocrite
I wouldnt want him to do any drug like meth/coke/herion etc. When it comes to Lsd,Mushrooms i'd say at 18 it's fine

--------------------
Living is easy with eyes closed - John Lennon

Edited by TheAcidNinja (08/20/08 09:39 AM)

OfflineShamanintraining
Junkhead
Male

Loc: Rough Raleigh Flag
    #8800275 - 08/20/08 09:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'll allow my children to do anything I did, but only in my house.  Now that I look back at it, all the times I've smoked weed while driving in a car was pretty stupid.  Way to damn risky, luckily I was never caught. As for age, I believe it's more about maturity than age, it all depends on the child.  Maturity aside, I'd give my child weed over an opiate painkiller any day.

--------------------

"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #8800312 - 08/20/08 09:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If I ever have a kid, I'll never think for a second about lying to them about drugs. I'll tell them all the things I did, the good and the bad. At this point in time, I regret none of my drug use so far. Once my kid is 16 or 17 I'll gladly smoke weed with my kid and would be more than happy to trip with them. I will ask my kid to keep me informed about their drug use and I will expect them to use all substances responsibly.

--------------------

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8800467 - 08/20/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd teach them that booze is infinitely more destructive then weed, that if it grows out of the ground it's probably OK.  I'd teach them that most of the bad stuff you learn about hard drugs is true..they are really addictive and harmful..I'd teach them to find out for yourself before you just accept propaganda whose motive has nothing to do with your well being.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: the_0wl]
    #8800486 - 08/20/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i told my sister to call me when shes 17 and ill blaze her out, otherwise i told her not to try weed because she should be focusing on other things like school
if she had good grades it would be a different story

--------------------

OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
    #8800500 - 08/20/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i'd probably play that situation the same way i play the brother and sister situation.

i'm the oldest of a family of 3, and it was not really much surprise that my brother and sister got into smoking weed after i did, and then started asking about the other drugs.

I'm glad i have that relationship with my siblings now because i know that if they ever want something, i can get them good, relatively clean stuff and i can also keep track of what substances they are doing. I guess in a way i'm being a bad influence by telling them about the drugs i do but i think its much better to know that they will both ask me before they try anything.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #8800512 - 08/20/08 10:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^ It's gonna happen anyway man, its better you know and be involved.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Your kids and drugs... [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #8800518 - 08/20/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHauntingSoul said:
I guess in a way i'm being a bad influence by telling them about the drugs i do but i think its much better to know that they will both ask me before they try anything.

Since when is drug use inherently bad?

--------------------

Offlinepontus
traveler
 User Gallery

#8800812 - 08/20/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How can you seriously demand from your kids to abstain from weed if you are smoking your spliff everyday? So kids will confront you ultimately with your own drug use, whether you like or not.

--------------------
"People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder