Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: in_sherman]
    #8797457 - 08/19/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Typical weed is not a very debilitating intoxication.  Now I said typical weed..I know that $100 per quarter bag shit makes me really doubt my ability to drive so I dont..man that shits good.  But for the most part weed is nowhere near as intoxicating as shrooms or acid so thats why we say its safer to drive high then tripping balls.  I still didnt say safe..just safer.  Car crashes kill people man and if you kill someone you'll wonder all your life if maybe you'd just been sober you wouldn't have been in that crash.  But hey that'll never happen right?

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: driving and tripping [Re: the_0wl]
    #8797579 - 08/19/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've definitely driven my fair share while tripping.  Mushrooms, acid, and LSA. 

I enjoyed them all, but the mushroom driving didn't feel very safe.  They make me much more confused than the other two.  Seriously, driving on acid is pretty damn manageable to me (i know others will disagree) but I feel in 100% complete razor sharp control of the car.  I'm talking about doses like 150mcg or so.

IMO, driving on acid is fine unless you're tripping hard.

One time I ate about 8-10 seeds of HBWR along with a few grams of syrian rue.  I was driving up until the point where I started tripping hard, I had to have another friend drive, especially since we didnt even know where we were going in the first place.  good times back in highschool.  :grin:

note - i had sober drivers in the car at different times who confirmed my driving was acceptable.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: the free thinker]
    #8798330 - 08/19/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You drove on LSAhuasca?  Holy shit, that must have been an interesting ride.  That stuff hits hard.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: driving and tripping [Re: deCypher]
    #8798379 - 08/19/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^ Sure does... I've had trips on that which were a lot harder than "compareable" amounts of LSD.  The character and the feel of the trip is just different, it's more serious feeling, like it commands respect.  With LSD its not always like that for me.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8798388 - 08/19/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

True that.  The syrian rue seems to command more of a "teaching" role than anything else in the mixture, and if you try to ignore its lessons during the trip, you'll get slapped around hard in my experience.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8798412 - 08/19/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinelost_soul
Stranger
Re: driving and tripping [Re: thedudenj]
    #8798422 - 08/19/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Doc Ellis through a no hitter on LSD. For some people it may improve things that involve strategy, reaction time, thinking etc.

OfflineTheArsenal
Stranger

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Kickle]
    #8798624 - 08/19/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Quote:

TheArsenal said:
I'm very used to driving high. I drive high on pills and bud all the time. Never had any problems.

However, with tripping I like to just gauge where its at. I've driven on 2 g of fire mushies once. It wasn't very hard, but I just had to concentrate more. The road would elongate and become harder to notice things like curbs and parked objects. Basically, if you just pay attention like you always should be and aren't blasted the fuck off...I don't find it hard.

I only drove for like 15 minutes, though. It was uncomfortable trying so hard to stay legit. That part sucked while tripping.

Sounds like you're achin' for some trouble.

Nah. I usually don't have bud on me or many pills. I just take what I need.

Also, the only time I drove tripping was because the girl I was driving home could not be trusted to drive. One time while I was rolling pretty hard I wanted her to drive...she tried to back out of my driveway and almost hit a flower thing instantly. I just don't trust people when it comes to something like driving my car...unless they aren't retarded. But that girl is kind of retarded, so I really don't want her driving. She is one of those who, apparently, couldn't handle her shit blazed.

--------------------
To be reborn is to feel whole, as you did when you were first born. You come with nothing, and leave with nothing.

Life is like a big obstacle
put in front of your optical to slow you down
And everytime you think you gotten past it
it's gonna come back around and tackle you to the damn ground

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8798725 - 08/19/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i drove tripping hundreds of times I'm sure.  Not smart, but fucked up people don't do the smartest things.  Thinking back on it scares the hell out of me.  I used to have to drive about 8 hours to Dallas from where I live about 2X a month.  I'd drop acid to stay awake and make the trip more interesting.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: driving and tripping [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8798755 - 08/19/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I feel completely safe driving with experienced smokers. The only accident I've ever been involved in was when I was shrooming and pretty damn stoned and my non-tripping but stoned friend reversed his car at about 5kms into the front of my car. It was possibly the funniest moment in my driving times.

I drove last night whilst on a light trip. It was four in the morning and I was by myself, it's literally a 2 minute drive from my friend's place to home. I've driven on harder trips but as soon as I feel I'm not in control of the car I get out. I would never drive in traffic on shrooms or even if I was too baked to think quickly.

So many stoners I know will tell you that they drive better when they are stoned. "I drive slowly and carefully because I know I am stoned and know that I'm in no state to speed."

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: driving and tripping [Re: circularvortex]
    #8798838 - 08/19/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
True that.

I'd consider myself an experienced tripper, but if my ego is breaking down and I'm questioning the fabric of reality, I'm probably not too focused on that red light in front of me.

QFT.

Quote:

you just have to know your limits and the odds

I don't think anyone can know what the "odds" are for anything, at any given point in time. Our world is just so random, and so many factors, so many people...one night you could be driving the country roads, tripping, and come up a crest of a hill or something without your brights on, and there might be someone walking really close to the white line on the side of the road, not wearing reflective clothing, and all the while, your perception of the white line keeps morphing and changing....

BAM. You punted a guy with your front grille into the ditch on the right side of the road, and he's dead now.

It would not be a very good thing to happen whilst tripping. I don't even like driving stoned at night, for these reasons...

Perfectly sober people have killed people driving, mostly at nighttime, and you guys are gung-ho confident about driving safe when you're under the influence of some of the most powerful psychedelics? Don't let it get to your head that you can drive fine, please. I don't want to be the guy that goes on a calming night walk to end up being a pile of wrecked human debris in a french drain somewhere.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8798969 - 08/19/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^ agree. And honestly, Even if I think about SOBER people driving cars at 75mph it scares the sh1t out of me.....

Much less driving while on ANYTHING that might distract your attention. ( cell phones anyone? )

either way..... Its prob not a good way to die. Just another negative statistic and PROOF that drugs are bad.

Offlinecynick420
stranger danger!
Male User Gallery

Loc: earth i think?
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Shad0w]
    #8799066 - 08/19/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

My ideal acid trip is to a level where i dont even like walking near roads, or especially crossing streets and having to interact with other people.so if i was driving around and had to interact with other people, even at something as simple as a 4 way stop it could be dangerous. dont do it people! just get someone to drive you around, cuz riding in a car is fun as hell!

--------------------

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: driving and tripping [Re: cynick420]
    #8799431 - 08/20/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm no where near game to even attempt driving while tripping. I can just imagine getting to a pedestrian crossing and shouting out the window
'Get up off the road you fucking Zebra!'

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies