Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNew Guy
Stranger
Good trip gone bad
    #8799404 - 08/20/08 04:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It all started last Saturday night....The second trip of my life~

We were partying at a Ds house, where most of the people would be drinking and smoking weed. To start me and a friend S1 split a fat 8th (but no more than 2g each).  I put my 2g portion of shrooms in a cup and filled it halfway with orange juice. Pounded it, no taste. S1 chose the conventional route of just chewing them up. Prior to the trip S1 suggested weed, as it might help induce the trip, so we each took a couple tokes off a joint. Within the hour I started feeling like I did on my last trip (maybe 1 year prior, same dose), mainly a relaxed euphoria to begin with.

N1 and K1 show up and they see were having a good time, so they decide to take about 3 grams as well. N1 gave me the leftovers of his bag (a couple stems and shake), and later on K1 gave N1 his leftovers. We went to go exploring in the woods behind the house after we were all feeling the effects of the shrooms, but K1 was complaining about stomach pains, and difficulty breathing, said he felt like he had the flu, and immediately started a bad trip. He went to a bedroom upstairs to lie down with his gf for a bit. Meanwhile I decide to lay down in the woods and as I was staring up into the trees I began seeing trippy patterns of the trees silhouetted against the night sky. It was wonderful, later on we shot a couple bottle rockets, then decided to wick them all together and detonate them! Excellent! After that journey I swore I would try to revisit the woods again to see more patterns.

Time passed, (roughly 4 hours), people came and left, and I felt I was slightly coming down. Another friend of mine S2 talked me into going to his house to smoke some colombian red haze. He packed less than a gram into his bowl and we smoked, talked, and I felt the weed would re-invigorate my shroom euphoria. Little did I know the worst was about to happen. I was standing in his kitchen about 10-15 mins after I had smoked, when I started to feel the weed kick in. I was talking to S2 in mid-sentence when a powerful wave came over me, my vision became fuzzy, and I collapsed. Boom~ I was dreaming...millions of thoughts at miles per second..(my eyes rolled back, and I began convulsing). I woke up extremely disoriented, in a cold sweat, but the wave I had felt before I had passed out was still lingering, and I began to fight it while my friend tried talking to me. At first I felt he was talking to me through a tube, he had told me 10 times that I had passed out before I knew. I asked if I had hit my head, in which he responded no. Suddenly the wave became too strong for me to hold off, or so I felt, and I passed out again, (again my eyes rolled back and I convulsed). The 2nd time I woke up I was slightly less disoriented, but I could clearly feel the sweat soaking through my shirt.

He kept telling me, you gotta stay awake man, keep fighting
I asked for some water and something to put in my stomach, so he gave me a jelly sandwich, a glass of water and chocolate milk. I consumed 2 cups of water, the sandwich, and about half of the milk at first. The feeling of me passing out was still just as strong, along with the thought of death if I passed out again. I told him to call 911 if I passed out again, and said we need to head back to Ds house. The entire car ride I felt horrible, I couldnt get my mind off of death no matter what I did, as S2 and I tried to deliberate why it happened.

Upon arrival to Ds house, the party had moved to the driveway and everyone was watching the sky. I stumbled up, told them the news, and they were awe struck. S2 walked me inside to get some more food, and I sat down on the couch trying to choke down chex mix with the remaining chocolate milk. S2 briefly went outside to inform everyone of the happenings, when out of no where N1 fell face first onto the gravel. S2 rushed in a minute later, which felt like hours because I was alone, and sat N1 down in the dining room. I watch from the couch as his body goes limp again, lying on the dining room table, then he rolled off his chair before S2 could reach him. S2 was shaking and shouting for a good 15 seconds before N1 came to again, in which he said he only had thoughts of embarrassment. The feeling of passing out came through hard again after witnessing that, but somehow I fought it off for the next hour. My stomach felt kinda funky after I had drank the milk, so I went to the bathroom to purge. Only a couple dry heaves and everything came out nice, I felt nearly completely fine, with no anxiety or fears of death thereafter.

Only instead I was left in bewilderment...Thoughts of tripping again...what I did wrong...why it happened...Am I ok?

I have no answers. I have never felt so close to death in my life.

If anyone with a reputable background could respond to this, Id like any information relating to my trip, or any questions you might have for me. Im going to see the doctor tomorrow so Ill update this with that information right away as well.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: New Guy]
    #8799427 - 08/20/08 04:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa! Definitely update with any information you find... I've never heard of this combination doing anything like that.

For most people I know, weed + shrooms is a fantastic combination, especially on the come-down. That said, I did have one friend who tried the combo for the first time and felt like he was having a heart attack. That was pretty surprising to me at the time, but I dismissed it as his psyche fooling him into believing he was having a heart attack.

Now I'm less confident...

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8799456 - 08/20/08 04:42 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

New Guy said: Time passed, (roughly 4 hours), people came and left, and I felt I was slightly coming down. Another friend of mine S2 talked me into going to his house to smoke some colombian red haze.

This is why.  For some people, smoking during the mid or later portion of a trip can cause negative effects such as paranoia or panic attacks--in your case, it sounds like you got exactly this.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: deCypher]
    #8800293 - 08/20/08 11:43 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
Quote:

New Guy said: Time passed, (roughly 4 hours), people came and left, and I felt I was slightly coming down. Another friend of mine S2 talked me into going to his house to smoke some colombian red haze.

This is why.  For some people, smoking during the mid or later portion of a trip can cause negative effects such as paranoia or panic attacks--in your case, it sounds like you got exactly this.

I would have to agree with this.

I have had something similar happen to me on 3 seperate occasions, all 3 were shortly after consuming large amounts of weed while peaking( various substances ) and then having a situation that produced a "subtle" fear which then amplified to an intensity before I could become aware of the cause.

So now, no weed when I trip, And I stairstep my way up to appropriate doses rather than just down as much as i could.

A helpful tip for next time you trip...... dont be afraid of passing out. It causes anxiety. :smile:

OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: deCypher]
    #8800345 - 08/20/08 11:59 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

that was some story. at least you and your friends are OK.

Quote:

The Cypher said:
Quote:

i agree :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: freeDOOM]
    #8801202 - 08/20/08 04:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Only bad trip I'd had so far came directly after hitting my friend's bubbler a few times on the comeup.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: dwtk]
    #8801244 - 08/20/08 04:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i have had the feeling of flu/sick before and then i just go puke.  don't be scared to purge that shit.  honestly, i don't see how most people even keep them down the whole time, i think i have kept them down maybe twice, and both of those were bad trips because i couldn't stop thinking about puking.  next, go puke, intensifies things for a bit, but damn do you feel better.

OfflineNew Guy
Stranger
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: smokeybear]
    #8825676 - 08/25/08 05:56 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I told the doctor about my experience, but he wasn't all that helpful. He basically said that hallucinogens are so unpredictable that he couldnt tell me anything was wrong unless I had my blood tested. However he did refer me to a local psychologist I plan on speaking to, hopefully I get some answers, or just never smoke again when I trip :/

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#8825725 - 08/25/08 06:06 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I smoked weed on the tail end of a trip once and suddenly became very light headed, then out of nowhere a pixilated rush wavered past my eyes and I almost collapsed onto the grass but managed to maintain conciousness-only just though. I sat down and let the feeling pass by. After that I was totally fine, but it certainly did freak me out temporarily.

--------------------

Offlinequiksilver98
PsychedelicInsighter
Male

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: Abuse]
    #8826102 - 08/25/08 07:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I had the same thing happen to me, i was standing then my vision went fuzzy and colorful and i was on the ground, my theory was that i left my body, just like when you meditate, or kinda the same thing as smoking dmt. Shrooms are non-toxic so i know its not a physical problem.

I got like a headrush and everything pixalated and then I woke up to my friend waking me up.

--------------------
To open your mind you must close your eyes--->Perception is key<---Reality is not Actualality

Edited by quiksilver98 (08/25/08 07:25 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: quiksilver98]
    #8826138 - 08/25/08 07:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

A lot of bad trip reports start with some really good weed.

Sounds pretty normal to me, and also as someone else pointed out your friend was wrong in telling you not to pass out, you would have been fine and probably better off just sleeping it out of your system. Neither weed nor shrooms are toxic, there was no chance of death, you just had a bad trip.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (08/25/08 07:41 PM)

Offlinequiksilver98
PsychedelicInsighter
Male

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8826183 - 08/25/08 07:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, maybe just take a puff of weed or two and thats it.

--------------------
To open your mind you must close your eyes--->Perception is key<---Reality is not Actualality

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery

Loc: groin
Re: Good trip gone bad [Re: quiksilver98]
    #8826404 - 08/25/08 08:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ive seen weed alone do these things to people.

You are likely fine... Just sensitive to the effects of the weed.

--------------------
Multiplied

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Buy Elixinol

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience