Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaus
Hiphopapotamus
Male
Loc: Adelaide, AU
San Pedro Experience, Gleaned Info
    #8799316 - 08/20/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everybody! Ive been browsing the Shroomery forums for a while now seeking enlightenment and knowledge in my neverending quest to get off my chops, and I thought it was about time I joined up and started participating. Theres a lot of cool stuff around here and I thought maybe I can contribute somehow so I figured I should start with what I know best: San Pedro, the humble Trichocereus Pachanoi.

Ive had a fair few trips on various substances but for me, the sweet tonic of natural mescaline is by far the best and most rewarding. After more than 15 SP cookups I thought Id share what I have learned from my preparations and see what others think. Here goes!

I have read a few reports on here and Erowid about people blending up SP, cooking it for a short time and then swilling it. Bad! It tastes like shit mixed with earwax and its unnecessary.

My scouts tell me several things, please correct me if Im factually wrong:

Mescaline does not get destroyed by heat from cooking. Not true. It simply has a melting point, which is 180C or thereabouts. This means you can cook it hard and fast and not worry about losing any potency. Ive seen recipes where people have to drink 1.5L of crap to get their dose and that is just insane and an invitation for vomiting. Cook it down until its almost a syrup. I turned about 2KG of San Pedro into a 200ml mouthful last night - my previous tries doing exactly the same thing have been total successes.

Lemon or Lime juice does improve the process. I dont know the reason behind it but Ive found that adding as little as 150ml of lemon juice really does improve the yield. Possibly something to do with helping the alkaloid break free?

If its fresh, you really should freeze it before preparing it. Freezing any organic matter and then thawing it breaks down the cell walls allowing more of the good stuff to escape; Ive made a lot of hash using H20 extraction and by god the yield jumps phenomenally with freezing vs not freezing. Same goes with San Pedro. Some people freeze and thaw repeatedly but since you should be blending it as well anyway it is probably overkill.

With consumption I have found that there is one thing that masks the taste completely and allows for a totally pain-free ingestion. Honey. Get a jar of honey and just get a lump on a tablespoon, slather liberally around the mouth (esp. tongue) and then without pause down the San Pedro liquid. You wont taste anything and IMHO the sugar eliminates most of the nausea.

Well, I guess thats about it - I hope this is a worthy first post on Shroomery and I hope it helps someone improve their next San Pedro trip.

Cheers and thanks!

--------------------
Proud supporter of the id & ego alkaloids. Go team!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: San Pedro Experience, Gleaned Info [Re: maus]
    #8799360 - 08/20/08 01:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:sanpedro::vaped:

--------------------

InvisibleTakemeaway
Mushroom Hunter.

Loc: Ancient Eucalyptus Forest
Re: San Pedro Experience, Gleaned Info [Re: Coaster]
    #8799782 - 08/20/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet, thanks for the info mate. Cant wait to get my hands on some cactus and yes ill sure as hell be boiling down to a syrup (1.5l is a joke lawl):thumbup:

I see your from oz, how are the vendors for quality? is it better to go to a nursery for my cactus or online?

thnx again

--------------------

Offlinemaus
Hiphopapotamus
Male
Loc: Adelaide, AU
Re: San Pedro Experience, Gleaned Info [Re: Takemeaway]
    #8803723 - 08/21/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Glad it may have helped in some way :smile:

As for the nursery vs vendor question I haven't found a nursery in Adelaide that sells them as what they are although a certain one might possibly have a seven foot Trichocereus of some sort for sale marked as a Garden Cactus. I haven't grabbed a picture and taken it in to get a proper ID but it looks about right. But I'm sure that this situation differs state by state so it's always worth checking out.

The online vendor I use has always had good, healthy looking specimens and he's been good to deal with. At the moment he has a relocation clearance on his San Pedros, so you buy a 30cm cutting and he sends you a much larger one :grin:

-Maus

--------------------
Proud supporter of the id & ego alkaloids. Go team!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules