Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

questions on San Pedro
    #8797381 - 08/19/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm considering growing some San Pedro. I've read that potency can vary, so my biggest question is, is the variance in mescaline content a shot in the dark? Is it a matter of growing conditions?

Any advice on where to buy, or general growing tips to bring out the best in them?

Also, the prep tek I've read calls for a 1 foot section of San Pedro. I'm guessing it would be wise to start small because the dosage varies so much? Any experience would be appreciated (I will continue to research using the 'search' function).

As you can see, I'm a cactus noob. San Pedro seems easy to cultivate... any tips for the beginner?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemacandjack
Hang loose man!

Loc: us2
Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: Rahz]
    #8797398 - 08/19/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you go with bridgesii youll have a better chance of getting one with more alkaloids.  Good luck.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: macandjack]
    #8797445 - 08/19/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

potency varies with strain, conditions, and age. your best bet is to get several different cacti from different vendors or possibly from people in the marketplace here on the shroomery. san pedro and mainly all cacti for that matter are extremely easy to cultivate, it's almost retard proof, just stick in some half-way decent soil and water when dry.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: highdroponics]
    #8797673 - 08/19/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the info.

I think I'm going to try some 6" cuttings from NO SOURCES!!, and try to find a few other sources. Grow them out to at least 12" and keep a plant or two for the 'mother'. Sound about right?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I've read about a wide potency variance... what should I start with? Extraction on a 6" piece? Or less?

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Edited by royer9864 (08/20/08 05:15 AM)

OfflineProf. Astro
acirebma

#8797783 - 08/19/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd start with one on at least a 6 piece, you might get a good amount from it.

--------------------
:hanky:

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #8797918 - 08/19/08 07:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

OK, one more Q.

My house temps are in the low-mid 70s year round. Is there a reason to observe the "winter dormancy" in respect to easing up on the watering and light?

And if so, will these cacti root well indoors during the winter? Should I wait 'til Spring?

I'm planning on using a couple 120 watt grow lights, so grow temps might be a little higher than mid-70s. If needed I could provide some sort of insulation around the base of the grow setup to keep soil and ambient temps up.

--------------------
rahz

Invisiblemacandjack
Hang loose man!

Loc: us2
    #8797959 - 08/19/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

They are going to need lower temps and no water to induce dormancy. Light doesnt matter.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: macandjack]
    #8798315 - 08/19/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

macandjack said:
If you go with bridgesii youll have a better chance of getting one with more alkaloids.  Good luck.

Bridgesii kicks ass :crazy2:

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: questions on San Pedro [Re: cpw1971]
    #8798419 - 08/19/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, my bridgesii is the most potent of all my cactus i believe, recently gave my peruvianus a test and got nothing out of it, hardly even tasted bitter.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #8798448 - 08/19/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah I have Icaros DNA peruvianus but they arent nearly as powerfull as my Bridgesii are.
  Bridgesii almost compared to Ayahuasca for me. But it lasted a hell of a lot longer though.
  I never tried Pedros ... yet

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#8798534 - 08/19/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i'm still waiting on my pedro to get larger, it's finally setting off a base pup after transplanting it, the only growth i've seen from it all year...odd.

i still have a good 30-40 grams of dried bridgesii i could eat, but i'm waiting to get more because i am betting it's not enough.

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #8798606 - 08/19/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

my trip was from 14.5 grams.
  next time it will be 5 lol
  I tripped my balls off and even puked for a few hours.
It was very visual too

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8798983 - 08/19/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So, I've spent several hours researching the different types of Trichocereus and discovered:

Peruvianus
Pachanoi(Pedro)
Bridgesii
Macrogonus

Opinions are very much in conflict about which contains more actives.

I guess I'll try several kinds and gather my own data. It seems that from the users perspective, variance from one plant to another is large, and lab results give conflicting opinions, leading me to believe the average alkaloid content between them could be negligible. Opinions?

--------------------
rahz

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #8799008 - 08/19/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah....
  Bridgesii is supposed to have less variation and is more potent.
  I have done Peruvianus many many times and when I took the Bridgesii it was a dose I normally do of Peruvianus.
  sure I trip good from the Torches but man the Bridgesii caught me off guard and annihilated me.
  Also the Peruvianus was Icaros DNA from a very good source that imported his stuff right from Peru.

also I am sure theres chemical variations in the secondary alkaloids and that also makes a difference.

Edited by cpw1971 (08/19/08 11:19 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8799024 - 08/19/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm defiantly going to grow both of those. One thing I've noticed when comparisons between either Bridgesii/San Pedro or Peruvianus/San Pedro, is that no one's really giving the San Pedro props. Not sure what to make of it though. I'll try to grow all three. :thumbup:

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #8799176 - 08/20/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

and the bridgesii monstrose aka penis plant, is said to even more potent that the regular bridgesii, so if consumption is your aim then it may be worth growing some of that also :yesnod:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlinechris92346
Stranger

#8799413 - 08/20/08 02:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you can grow a decent volume there is a great way to get a consistent potency.  Harvest enough for at least 10 trips at a time.  Dry powder and mix them all up.  First couple trips might be a bit sketchy on the dose but when you figure it out you have the whole rest of the batch that you can now dose accurately.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom