Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineninja6485
Stranger

Mushroom I.D. help! i'm looking everywhere to find out what this is...
    #8798999 - 08/20/08 01:13 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Habitat:
in my front lawn, near some bushes

Gills:
the gill color is black

Stem:
Length: 3-4 inches, diameter: half a centimeter, color: white, but bruising blue, texture: frail, hollow/solid: not sure, thin/thick: more thin than thick, etc.

Cap:
Diameter: 1 inch, color: white, but with alot of lines going down the side, coming from a yellowish orange dot , texture: very frail, the cap was torn and tattered, conical/spherical: more conical, convex/concave, etc.: convex i believe

Spore print color: not sure, but the gills are very black

Bruising:
Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.:  blue

Other information:
the mushroom was very frail, and had blue on the stem. the cap was lined, not smooth, striated even, all coming from this very intense yellow dot. very tattered, the stem was weak, and the mushroom was leaning over in the grass, and could not stand up. when i looked at its gills, they were fairly far spaced and jet black

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: north eastern kansas
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushroom I.D. help! i'm looking everywhere to find out what this is... [Re: ninja6485]
    #8799010 - 08/20/08 01:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

it could be a few different things... based on the photo I would guess something from the following genera, Conocybe, Bolbitius, or Psathyrella.

Psathyrella are frail and have dark spore prints.

[edit] I just noticed the bit about blue bruising... I don't know what that means...

--------------------
www.morelhunters.com

Edited by georgeM (08/20/08 01:20 AM)

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Mushroom I.D. help! i'm looking everywhere to find out what this is... [Re: georgeM]
    #8799063 - 08/20/08 01:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

It probably means he saw what he wanted to see.

If that mushroom bruises blue I'll eat my hat.

I think you were correct in your guesses.

--------------------

Offlinesk8cracka
Lost Rabbit

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Mushroom I.D. help! i'm looking everywhere to find out what this is... [Re: ninja6485]
    #8800992 - 08/20/08 03:08 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

take a spore print.

and be sure it is bruising, not mold.

Offlineninja6485
Stranger

Re: Mushroom I.D. help! i'm looking everywhere to find out what this is... [Re: sk8cracka]
    #8814869 - 08/23/08 11:22 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for all of your help! it's very possible it could be mold. i was thinking "bruising" because the blueish discoloration occured towards the bottom of the mushroom where it was bent, but it looked pretty beat up, so it could have been infected. unfortunately when i returned to gather the mushroom it was gone, but if i can find another in the area i'll see if i can post a pic of a spore print. so far it fits the discription of Conocybe albipes quite closely, which would explain why when i returned later on in the evening it was gone.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification