Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelost_soul
Stranger
Analytical introverts, how does it effect you?
    #8797971 - 08/19/08 09:37 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Im one of those people who seems to live inside their head more so then expressing what I have to the outside world. I can be highly analytical of situations I am in.

I am introverted and shy at times, but not when Im with good friends. Ive experienced depression and have a lot going on in my life right now, but in 3 days I will try shrooms for the first time. I am going into the experience with a positive mindset, Im going to be with a bunch of friends and I feel I will discover more about myself through this experience. I feel like I need a personality overhaul, that for so long I have shut my true self away from the world. Im just wondering how people who have my type of personality have faired with shrooms?

Edited by lost_soul (08/19/08 09:39 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: lost_soul]
    #8798112 - 08/19/08 10:07 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

You sound a lot like me. My advice is to take a very small dose (<1g to start), and let the introspection work in your favor. Our type seems more prone to having bad trips, and I almost invariably feel anxiety on the come up... the trick is to not fight the ego loss, but go with it; once you've let go, you'll be surprised by how clearly you suddenly think about your own psyche. Do stuff you don't usually do... i.e, don't just sit and listen to music.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8798451 - 08/19/08 11:12 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Initially, psychedelics helped me open up my (usually) introverted self and become less depressed, more talkative, and in general just full of life.

Done in excess and too much frequency, though, and your social anxiety will definitely go up dramatically IMO.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: deCypher]
    #8799097 - 08/20/08 01:56 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I've tripped about a total of 4 or 5 or 6 times. All of those trips were on mushrooms except for my first trip which was on acid.

Also (and this is rather foolish on my part) all of my trips have been solitary. The only time I was tripping with other people I had to be around my family the day after thanksgiving lol and they were all sober.

The most I've ever taken is about 3 grams. I would advise you to start with about 2 grams maybe 2.5 grams tops. It's not that you can't handle higher doses its just that you'll be more comfortable at a lower dose. Most of my trips have also been spent in my bedroom. They have been largely introspective except for my last trip.

I tend to be one of those people who was rather self-conscious and had a negative opinion of myself. I thought I was unattractive and incapable of getting a girlfriend or anything. In all truth I probably shouldn't have done mushrooms at all when I did do them.

However I must say I think that although most of my trips have been rather chaotic and downright depressing, they have helped me in the long run. I don't know if it was from the shrooms or not but after my last trip especially I had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that worrying about what others think about me is pointless because I can't control what they think. It really doesn't matter at all. Of course I still am an introvert and a little self-conscious now and again but I have a much healthier relationship with myself than I did before. I'm much more social now than I used to be and I'm not nearly as afraid to strike up random conversations with people as I used to be.

The shrooms have been good to me. Just remember, respect the shrooms and they will teach you what you need to know. At least that's what they did for me.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: halo]
    #8799462 - 08/20/08 04:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I would also consider myself an introvert.

But unlike the above posters... I think true introverts can handle anything. I am constantly analyzing people, places, and of coarse myself. I do not necessarily have a high opinion of myself, but I think this push's me into the person I think I should be. I'm constantly trying to improve, constantly testing my limits.
For me, shrooms mapped out who I am. I now think I have a clearer picture of who I was, who I am now, and who I hope to become.

Play it safe, and don't be scared. If you keep your logic clear, it doesn't matter what people think.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlineadnix
Stranger
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: polantis]
    #8802318 - 08/20/08 08:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

A drug that lets you see the world from a different perspective can be helpful in healing your mind. It can also be an escape.

Keep growing/thinking/doing/learning, slowly but surely, and you won't go wrong. If the drugs, help, embrace it and take advantage. That's how I try to live.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: polantis]
    #8802448 - 08/20/08 09:21 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Im one of those people who seems to live inside their head more so then expressing what I have to the outside world. I can be highly analytical of situations I am in.

I am introverted and shy at times, but not when Im with good friends. Ive experienced depression and have a lot going on in my life right now...

Well that ^^^ pretty much describes me to the "T"....

I have started to experiment with mushrooms in the past year or so, and i have 5 trips under my belt. When i first became interested in mushrooms and psychedelics in general, i would spend hours at the library and online reading about everything that i could get my hands on that had to do with psilocybin mushrooms and the psychedelic experience....All of this knowledge of what i was about to experience really helped me when i went to take my first dose...

I wanted to tip-toe into the experience so my first dose i only took 1.7g. Another 1.7g for my 2nd experience, and then by my 3rd time i felt i was ready for a full 3.5g....For my 4th trip i decided i really wanted to step it up and get fully immersed so i fasted for a day and ate 5g strait, this was also my first solo trip.

Besides the come-up of my very first trip, I have never at any point during any of my trips had anxiety, feelings of fear, or any bad vibes of any sort. Even when i died during my 5g trip.....I always plan my trips at least several days ahead, I get my mind strait and mentally prepare myself, try to think of what i want to get out of the trip, i always make sure i am in a safe setting that i feel comfortable with, and I'm usually with my lady that is my trip-sitter or a close buddy to trip with.

I never try to fight or resist anything that the mushrooms are doing, i let them take hold and do there thing. Even when i really thought i was dead/dying during my most intense trip i just let it happen, this was actually a very peaceful feeling....The only advise i can give you i guess is to just let things flow, you are the one that hopped on board, now enjoy the ride and show.

It is like being on a roller coaster, once you are strapped in and going up that hill there is no turning back. It is best to just go with it, embrace it, and have the time of your life....Remind your self that you will return back to the beginning eventually, no matter how long the ride seems....

:2cents:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: openmind]
    #8802476 - 08/20/08 09:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A drug that lets you see the world from a different perspective can be helpful in healing your mind. It can also be an escape.

Keep growing/thinking/doing/learning, slowly but surely, and you won't go wrong. If the drugs, help, embrace it and take advantage. That's how I try to live.

:werd:

I feel the same way....

--------------------

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

#8802613 - 08/20/08 09:55 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I think I know where your coming from.  My suggestion would be take a quarter and split it between 3 people.  So like 2.33 grams.  If you are worried about bad thought loops which I hear are common, but have never personally experienced them, watch a really slapstick comity.  Start it right when you eat them.  I have found that 1)it puts you in a good mood, and 2)sets the mind in a mode little thought.  Harold and Kumar go to white castle is a good one. 

Make sure to relax, and if you do get upset by the experience just remind yourself that its only a drug, and the effects will go away.

Have a great trip man.

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: Smackshadow]
    #8802633 - 08/20/08 10:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm like this too. I should warn you that while psychedelics are a really good way for folks like us to get "a bigger perspective," it's easy to get carried away with it.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: Smackshadow]
    #8802704 - 08/20/08 10:25 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Smackshadow said:
I think I know where your coming from.  My suggestion would be take a quarter and split it between 3 people.  So like 2.33 grams.  If you are worried about bad thought loops which I hear are common, but have never personally experienced them, watch a really slapstick comity.  Start it right when you eat them.  I have found that 1)it puts you in a good mood, and 2)sets the mind in a mode little thought.  Harold and Kumar go to white castle is a good one. 

Make sure to relax, and if you do get upset by the experience just remind yourself that its only a drug, and the effects will go away.

Have a great trip man.

Any analytical introvert worth a damn would see how fucking trivial and besides-the-point entertainment like that is. I recommend something with genuine spiritual undertones (Brother Sun Sister Moon is my top recommendation), or better yet, turn off the tube and go outside, do something real for fucks sake.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: astronaut]
    #8802815 - 08/20/08 10:49 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug: Who says you can't find deeper meaning in the ability to sit back and share some yuks with your friends?

Any analytical introvert worth a damn would see that we're all different and take our deeper meanings from different places.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinedrunkenlawngnome
The Candy Man Can
 User Gallery

Loc: GTA, Canada Flag
    #8803544 - 08/21/08 01:24 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lost_soul said:

I am introverted and shy at times, but not when Im with good friends. Ive experienced depression and have a lot going on in my life right now, but in 3 days I will try shrooms for the first time. I am going into the experience with a positive mindset, Im going to be with a bunch of friends and I feel I will discover more about myself through this experience. I feel like I need a personality overhaul, that for so long I have shut my true self away from the world. Im just wondering how people who have my type of personality have faired with shrooms?

I am like that and can have really bad trips quite easily. I become paranoid and extremely depressed. Afterwards though I feel amazing.

I've started using MDMA though to fight the anxiety.

--------------------

OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: drunkenlawngnome]
    #8803648 - 08/21/08 01:50 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I am a true introvert, the type of person with just a few really close friends. Ive found my best trips have been spent sitting outside just thinking about life. Any type of tv or electronic entertainment sickens me when im tripping, Ive actually found myself enjoying a "small talk" conversation with one of my friends.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: Xpatriot]
    #8803843 - 08/21/08 02:48 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Xpatriot said:Any type of tv or electronic entertainment sickens me when im tripping

me too. the flicker of fluorescent lighting is also unbearably noticeable, like a high-intensity strobe. eyemask and earplugs and bed work best for me!

my first trip was great until my buddy decided it would be a good time to start setting up her ringtones. it was torture.

Offlinedustllama
w00tles!
Male User Gallery
    #8803979 - 08/21/08 03:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Try not to expect too much of the trip and to just let it happen to you more than forcing/anticipating life-changing change. Start with low doses so you can get a feel for it.

On the other hand, I think setting intentions (like what you want to work on) is useful, but may not be that useful when you don't even know what shrooms are going to be like at all.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #8804015 - 08/21/08 04:12 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

otherwhitemeat said:
Quote:

Xpatriot said:Any type of tv or electronic entertainment sickens me when im tripping

me too. the flicker of fluorescent lighting is also unbearably noticeable, like a high-intensity strobe. eyemask and earplugs and bed work best for me!

my first trip was great until my buddy decided it would be a good time to start setting up her ringtones. it was torture.

I also get bothered by TVs or electronics in general....Especially when i do salvia for some reason. Even some of my favorite music i can't listen to while trippping.....My friends always want to watch a certain movie or look at shit online, even if i wanted to watch something i couldn't since my attention span is fucked.

And damn, that would bug the shit out of me also if someone started to play ringtones while i was shrooming...

--------------------

Offlinepsthomas4
humanman
Male

Loc: Milville
    #8804056 - 08/21/08 04:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

My first time I was really nervous because I felt really unprepeared, but the best thing about the experience is that there is no way to prepare yourself fully for the effects. I'm also pretty introverted, need a lot of me time, mushrooms made me realize many things about life, society, friendship, love, and my values.  THe only way to find out is to eat'em yourself...overall a positive experience.

Offlineclearsight
Stranger

Loc: London
Re: Analytical introverts, how does it effect you? [Re: drunkenlawngnome]
    #8804131 - 08/21/08 05:24 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

drunkenlawngnome said:
Quote:

lost_soul said:

I am like that and can have really bad trips quite easily. .

Was it because you were loosing control of yourself? Your self was becoming something you cannot control?
Introvert use their self as the fixed point to swim in the world?

OfflineSadaddaspie
Stranger
    #14857232 - 08/01/11 06:11 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Like everyone here, I've heard the advice (more times than I could ever count) to not trip alone... but for me, tripping is always a very, very deep introspective experience and having other people in the room has never served me any kind of benefit because being that they're not in my head, we're always in different galaxies anyway and I've never had any kind of a shared experience while tripping, quite the opposite, I become far more distant psychologically than I am in any other state of mind.  The extent of connection has never amounted to any more than the ability to communicate in a fashion that feels meaningless and trivial relative to what I'm experiencing.  Anything they can do for my experience is trivial compared to what my experience can do for itself without anybody around to distract me.  People enjoy my company when they trip so I'm more than happy to be around when they do.  I also enjoy learning from people and having their insight influence and enhance me and my views so I love to have philosophical discussions before and after my own trips, just not during.  Having a friend to reflect a trip with is great but having friends there while I'm tripping makes me feel like I'm constantly tripping over them in an experience that would otherwise take me somewhere very meaningful and rewarding.

I'm not giving you any kind of advice here.  Everyone is different and many people are more prone to having bad trips when they trip alone which is why so many advise against it.  I'm just sharing my personal experience.  The truth is, I've never had a bad trip.  I've had some very difficult experiences but my most difficult experiences have been my most rewarding.  If there was an off switch at my disposal, there are times I would have flicked it but I'm glad there wasn't.  I think some people are scared of experiences that they could benefit from and consider them to be bad trips - but I know that many people have actual bad trips, unlike anything I have ever experienced, a matter in which my experience gives me no authority at all.  I've never lost control, I don't think I've ever even been delusional on mushrooms (although I think they've helped me to realize the extent of pre-existing delusion) and I've never felt like I've gone insane in a bad way... I mean during really intense trips, what I experience is surely madness in more than one regard but to me it's just an experience, taking a few steps away from sanity only to return to it again, sometimes returning with some useful insight but always having had a fascinating experience if nothing else.  Call me bat shit crazy... I won't blame you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience