Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Indoor azure on a budget?
    #8797639 - 08/19/08 08:13 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I have been reading and looking at teks for indoor Psilocybe azurescens cultivation for some weeks, and have read about everything here. I thought it necessary to make my own thread and ask for info, so Im hoping my gut is on the money this time.

I have roughly two hundred dollars saved to start(maybe two fifty), and probably one hundred will go to a cheap wine cooler(unless I leave my window open all winter XD)instead of a fridge. Im also clueless on air exchange for this, and filtration. I hear many different things, and i would like to know how best to do the previously mentioned things, and how often. That reminds me, how hardy is this strain to contamination and slightly off temperature? I have heard of it growing at negative forty five degrees Fahrenheit Any and all help is appreciated

OK, so links, pics, teks, products, all is helpful(and will be printed for physical reference)

Thanks very much, peace^^
By the way, sorry if this has all been answered well before, is asked badly, or anything. I'm just really interested in this species in particular, and want all my facts right before I go blowing my dough for naught, so feel free to add input or PM me.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Edited by doom876 (08/19/08 08:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: doom876]
    #8798017 - 08/19/08 09:48 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

From what I understand, Cyans (And I'd assume azurs too but I'm not sure) doesn't have very rhizomorphic mycelium, so it's a bit less forgiving.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: Maverick]
    #8798048 - 08/19/08 09:54 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Very few growers have succeeded in growing azures indoors.  They're an outdoor mushroom.  Even if you did get some, you'd spend months of work to get very little.  I'd suggest cubensis at least until you learn the basics of fungi.

After that, grow out some azure spawn on sterilized, supplemented sawdust-wood chips in filter patch bags, and then use them to inoculate a wood chip bed outdoors.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8801432 - 08/20/08 05:16 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I actually want a cooler weather mushroom(I wish there was an arctic climate shroom), not a cube, and I don't live in a place where outdoor cultivation is feasible, because of people. It's a total bummer><. I'm a fast learner though, so I think I could handel just about anything with enough information. Not to say I don't understand the difficulties, I may just as likely fail.

Edited by doom876 (08/20/08 05:19 PM)

OfflineMycoChef10
Stranger
Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: doom876]
    #20149173 - 06/18/14 12:22 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I am going to try doing them indoors for a fall harvest. I have some Aspen substrate being inoculated now and I'm going to try and case them like you would an outdoor bed.

I have a wash room in the back of my house that doesn't have very good insulation and the temps stay relative to the temp outdoors. So, I'm hoping that they will create a bed for the next few months until it starts to get chilly and they want to fruit. Does anybody know the optimum temp/humidity for azures?

We'll see if it works!

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: MycoChef10]
    #20149641 - 06/18/14 02:59 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Wow talk about an old bump.  Have fun with climate control mycochef, you'll need to get your indoor grow room down to 50F, and you'll want fluctuations to reflect actual outdoor weather, plus you'll need to simulate the oxygen exchange of the outdoors (wind ,breezes, etc) and RH of night/day change.  I have no clue how light exposure to azurescens/cyanescens indoor vs outdoor would do, because when I grew them while I lived in Oregon, they were grown outdoors, they're the type of mushroom where growing indoors isn't economical or practical.  They like a season to establish, if you case them outdoors around fall time, chances are you won't see anything, it's best to start the mycelium bed in the spring and allow it to establish itself.

OfflineMycoChef10
Stranger

Re: Indoor azure on a budget? [Re: Maverick]
    #20154753 - 06/19/14 01:21 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I'm a noob to shroomery...

I have an outdoor bed started around the end of April going already, I just had a couple extra jars to try it out. We will see if it works... Thanks for the insight!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation