Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: I'm curious how many other drug users have 6 pack abs [Re: dr_gonz]
    #8853815 - 08/30/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

youll have it for a damn long time as long as you keep up a steady routine of eating healthy and exercising.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8853831 - 08/30/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#8853898 - 08/30/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well yes, some people are blessed with immaculate metabolism, however it doesnt have to fade as quickly as most people think it does, i personally know an 80 year old that has metabolism pretty damn close to mine and it comes from a lifetime of healthy eating and daily exercise.

--------------------

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
    #8863079 - 09/01/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

dance dance revolution

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #8863087 - 09/01/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#8864537 - 09/02/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

i just cant envision any grown man using that thing.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#8869265 - 09/02/08 11:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
Quote:

browndustin said:
I ride the recumbent bike and play my PSP. I have a ton of Playstation RPGs, SNES, NES, Genesis and Gameboy Advance roms too so that definitely keeps me busy.

Cardio before work, cardio before bed, training after work. I also have a very good diet. Don't like the stimulants so I only take ephedrine and caffeine when needed (8mg of ephedrine and 50mg of caffeine maybe once a month). Tried clen and other fat burners and they're not worth it unless they're non-thermogenic like forskolii or green tea (or green tea extract - I like real green tea).

It's also really important to have good fats in your diet. When I make protein shakes in the morning or before bed, sort of a meal replacement shake, I use macadamia and almond butter, as well as natural peanut butter. I throw in a few eggs, a couple scoops of high quality whey protein isolate and a tray of ice cubes. It makes a real great shake with no carbs (less a few trace carbs) and has tons of good fats. If you're not eating enough fat, your body will not shed any.

I like LOW intensity cardio because if your heart rate goes above 120bpm you burn carbs instead of fat. Below 120bpm and your body uses fat for fuel. And I can tolerate a few minutes of solitude or video games in the morning or at night, it's very relaxing. And it's low intensity so it doesn't take anything out of me.

I don't use anymore drugs aside from a bit of weed, sleeping pills (to sleep, not to get fucked up from) and the occasional opiate if I can justify making a cold water extract from T3s lol

dustin,

you know i respect your routines because i've seen you over on other bb's. do u have any documentation about the 120bpm? this is interesting, and i need to keep it in mind.

Dang, wish that I did, my man. I stopped saving papers and studies since I got my new computer.

It's what a lot of pro bodybuilders do to get absolutely shredded though. Very few do any sort of high intensity cardio. It's too taxing to retain that much muscle as well as diet down and strip off fat. I train a few people and I get them to do low intensity cardio and it does wonders. I get newbs to do a bit of higher intensity cardio because they can afford to lose "weight" in general, but when people want to get ripped it's low intensity all the way.

The best part is that you hardly even notice that you're doing it! I don't mind substituting the bike for actual walks, but Vancouver Island weather can be whack. Sunny one moment, pissing down rain the next. Plus I can do carido in my undies! :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: I'm curious how many other drug users have 6 pack abs [Re: browndustin]
    #8869551 - 09/03/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I attest for low intensity. However, I would keep my heart rate a little higher than 120. More around the 65-75% HR Max mark which is about 135-150bpm. Anything less is kind of hard for me to do.

My favorite things about it:

It's pretty fun if you just zone out to music or Anthony Bourdain No Reservations.

It doesn't ruin your legs leaving you to sore to squat and all that.

It burns primarily fat and isn't dangerous to muscle.

It still benefits your heart.

I'm already a really skinny person so it's also a good choice because I don't have to worry about it making me lose weight. I supplement it to keep in shape and keep lean (difference between that and losing weight).

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm curious how many other drug users have 6 pack abs [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8869846 - 09/03/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If you eat the right things, you can still do high intensity workouts.  High intensity workouts aren't only limited to cardio, they can also pertain to lifting.

Swimming is my fav high intensity excercise, and that will help build muscle while losing fat.

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: browndustin]
    #8870133 - 09/03/08 05:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#8871185 - 09/03/08 11:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Whatever doesn't bring you about your 75% HR.

For me it's 9 on the elevation thing and 10 on the resistance. On elipiticals you set your own pace, and mine usually reads 5mph.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: I'm curious how many other drug users have 6 pack abs [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8872381 - 09/03/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, about that. When I hop on the elliptical I have a bad habit of going super hard until my heart beats out of my chest, then I need to remember to settle down.

I do throw in bouts of high intensity cardio from time to time, just to keep things varied. Your body gets used to things, even clean eating, so you should even eat "dirty" foods from time to time. Variety is the spice of life as they say. :cheers:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: I'm curious how many other drug users have 6 pack abs [Re: browndustin]
    #8872444 - 09/03/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yep. I toss in Turtle Mountain ice cream every now and then to keep my thyroid healthy and refeul my glycogen. Tomorrow night I'm having:

and

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder