Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

What is sooo bad about standing water?
    #8797247 - 08/19/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i've seen people use and inch or two of standing water in the bottom of a large tub with a couple of pond misters in the mix. They used bleach to help fight the battle... is this so bad cause if it AINT this might be an option for me
OK point 2 open your coolmist(whatever) humidifier's water supply, UH OH STANDING WATER! What are you gonna do now! See how that doesn't add up?
I think I see the fine line that maybe we mean standing water that is not being depleted... right?
So water in the bottom of a tub with a couple of pond foggers isnt so bad then right? Cause its being depleted...slowly but surely. As long as I could match an appropriate FAE I should be ok?
Im going to start another thread regarding the firenforgetbubbler
Thank you and goodnight.
camps confused..again...

--------------------
:three:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: What is sooo bad about standing water? [Re: camplo]
    #8797291 - 08/19/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

lol you can use those foggers in an outside container and pipe humidity into your fc. AGAR made a huge humidifier this way with a blower! why risk the fogger splashing bleech water onto your mycelium. alot of people use perilite soaked in water for humidity in the bottom of fc's.

--------------------
grind

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: What is sooo bad about standing water? [Re: seven]
    #8797327 - 08/19/08 05:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Perlite stops working if it's sitting in standing water, which can actually result in a drop in humidity.

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

Loc: Edge City
    #8797335 - 08/19/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I saw your other thread too. Looks like and idea.

I just htought Id chime in and tell you about one of my FCs cause it seems somewhat relevant.

Its a 10AGA. 5" from one end I have a glass wall siliconed in so that there is a wate4r tight, ~5" tall divider dividing the chamber into a 1/4 section and a 3/4 sections. It has a glass lid cut to fit.

In the smaller section I put standing water and H202. I have a submerssible heater and and airstone running into that area, but the heater/bubbler cords/tube enter at the other end so that the glass stays crached 1/4" at all times for FAE.

I set the thermo 2-3 degress above ambient, ~80F, run the bubbler 24/7. Its fruits casing pretty damn well. I can fit 3 ~8"x3.5" meatloaf tay casings in there at once.

If this works, which it does, Im sure with your foggers and stuff youll come up with something that works as well.

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: What is sooo bad about standing water? [Re: moe.ron]
    #8797372 - 08/19/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So as long as you dont have literal standing stagnate water your good to go is what it sounds like.
I mean as in water literally just sitting there, untreated with no purpose as in like the result of over misting a casing or an overly wet prepared substrate.
Thanks for the replies.
Keep em comin.
I am a big fan of KISS (keep it simple stupid)
and My setup involves a tray thats almost to big to fit in the tub so it sides before it hits hte bottom.
I could put water in the bottom half, drop in one pong mister and a air wand and call it good.
Now thats fricken simple.

I have a a 600gph air pump which is made over kill but I also have a valve to control air flow rate. I also have those nice bendable bubble wands. Sounds good to me.
Anyone object? please speak now.

--------------------

Edited by camplo (08/19/08 05:15 PM)

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#8797406 - 08/19/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7281980#Post7281980
This is another link of someone being creative.
5 :mushroom2: 's to you moe for sharing your creative setup.

I want to hit that 3-4 FAE range.
So I'd be pumping maximum 144gph (4 fae) into each 36 tub. I'm wondering if the ultrasonic is going to be able to keep up.

Invisibleseven
Male

#8797407 - 08/19/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

awsome u took my advise about an outside container and pipeing in the humidity.

--------------------
grind

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

#8797417 - 08/19/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

As long as the sides dont seal up whn you place the tray in, and humid air can get up and around the tray...try it out.

I kinda want to play around with some of thoes foggers. I see em at the pet store and stuff, but oh well. In time I guess.

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#8797422 - 08/19/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I cant figure out why PUMP in the humidity when you can create it inside the tub. Splashing is not an issue. I could create the humidity inside the tub and PUMP in FAE
Or I could just make a  fire n forget bubbleh using one of my gallon glass jars and one/two pond foggers
Either way Im aiming for that 3-4 fae...
comments?

--------------------

Invisibleseven
Male

#8797469 - 08/19/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i dont want to come across as a smartass i know you will rig something up with those foggers. i got a vicks kaz coolmist at a thriftstore for five dollars. boom instant humidity and fae.

--------------------
grind

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#8797474 - 08/19/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Right moe, they dont seal up and the first set up i tried even though it work I dont trust it. 3inches of perlite with a bubble wand underneath and I tiny biot of standing water, Like 1/2inch. Basically a PMP. my hyrgometer was reading 99% even though it only costed 9.99 and is a digi. I dont know if I can trust her and money is tight so I bought over kill. ie if I bought a shroomery respectable hygrometer to find out mine was already good enough i would have felt stupid 2 if i bought a a shroomery respected hygrometer to find out what I had was not good enough I would not of had enough to by what I bought.

--------------------

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#8797489 - 08/19/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Seven
My problem with coolmisters is all the threads i read about death after several months due to back pressure. I cant afford a new coolmist every 6 months. I heard these ultrasonic foggers last about a 1 or so year and then i can just replace the diaphram thingy ma jigger.

--------------------

Offlinemoe.ron
Coral Reefer

#8797496 - 08/19/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What didnt you trust if it worked? I set mine up the way I did b/c I didnt wnna fuck w/ perlite.

FWIW I run my 10AGA FC and monotubs w/o a hydrometer. I just make sure there is always water beading in the chambers.

--------------------
Boy Man God Shit...

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: What is sooo bad about standing water? [Re: moe.ron]
    #8797556 - 08/19/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ive read that if you use a one and a half inch or larger pipe ' that will not happen. agar said he kept burning out coolmists until he figured this out.

--------------------
grind

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

#8797849 - 08/19/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well I spent 35 on this beastly 600gph air pump and I already had the 2 fond foggers.... Air pumps don't suffer from backpressure...

--------------------

Offlineshroomman69
Stranger
    #8798355 - 08/19/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What do you think the reason of having a air pump bubbler is for? simply to add oxygen hence giving fresh air making the standing water highly oxygenated water with given enough air is supplied. Thats why a humidifier of any sort makes sense. Its all fresh oxygenated, humid air pushing out the  stale,Co2 rich air. Standing water is bad when its anerobic as long as enough oxygen is supplied you will prevent this. Ultrasonics are even better due to their output of water which extremly small size which allows a greater amount of surface area for the water and makes oxygen more available through each misting(since mine is placed on a timer). foggers and ultrasonics will provide the greatest humidity in  small burst simply due to their design

Edited by shroomman69 (08/19/08 08:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate